Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Question On The Function Of The Dan Tien, and its role in circulations
fatherjhon
post Apr 5 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #1

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

My acupuncturist recently treated me for some persistent injuries and through the course of the treatment I noticed many of the sensations I have learned or have been taught to know as sings of malfunctioning energy work. When I checked for other signs (burgeoning chi on hands and feet, inability to place my awareness at that spot) I found that no other signs where present. I talked to my acupuncturist about this and my energetic practices and he commented that the dan tien is a reservoir not a dam. This indicated to me that although I do circulations (admittedly not well) and also dissolve of the energy gates I still have a poor circulation probably arising from my cultivation techniques.

I have been using dan tien as a place to store energy -and have gotten rather good at it- and have been taking that energy and either using it or circulating it and when the circulation is complete I lead the chi back to my dan tien. Most of the sources I have looked into suggest that this is what I am supposed to do until I reach I point where energy is able to circulate on its own- some 100 days by most counts, though others say a year. However, the amount of chi that I felt moving during the acupuncture treatment was far in excess of what I can normally circulate.

My question then, is on role that the dan tien plays in circulations and how this might be effecting my ability to circulate chi - assuming of course I am not simply bad at it.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse