Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Regarding The Enchantment Of Virtual Things, and how one might accomplish such
fatherjhon
post Nov 9 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

A question came up recently as I have been applying for jobs and am vexed that I get an interview only erratically. I do well when I get into the interview but with the volume I send out it is frustrating I don't get there more often. Therefore, after doing all the mundane things I can do to a resume I started looking for magickal ways to help myself. Problem is that I am sending it off via the internet. If it was a real object I could dress it in any number of ways, but whenever I think about dressing or enchanting a virtual copy I can't see it working. Is there something intrinsic about the internet or "virtual space" to include computer files that makes magick on it or through it imposable?

The closest act to what I would like to do would be to put a powerful intent into the person reviewing my resume so that I look like I deserve an interview. In theory the "virtual realm" is much like the astral and so magick should fit right in. Problems, however, naturally arise when you don't know who is reviewing the resume, and often time (even for academic and political jobs such as I apply for) a computer is doing the vetting. This left me with the conclusion that I must simply do a general spell. Do a general spell get a general result. While I would like to be employed in general, I must apply for jobs in particular. So I am at a loss, how might one using or transmitting a virtual object to an unknown someone or something magically improve the chances of selection?

It may be that the document being virtual must be crafted in the same way one crafts a - equally nonphysical - spell. Focused intent (something of a given when applying for a job) and more importantly careful arrangements of words and symbols to invoke the desired reaction. But that sounds a lot like writing a resume the mundane way, and said words and symbols must have the same meaning for others to have the effect; or perhaps not but it seems intuitive. Perhaps someone has ideas on making it more magickal.

Three vexing questions and my thoughts on them, some help would be much appreciated.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse