Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A Spirit House For Your Ancestors, And offerings
fatherjhon
post Aug 19 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

So here is a fun puzzle you can help me toy with: How would you make an ancestral altar complete with a home for them when you know nothing about your ancestors - save a bunch of the recent ones from an adoption were asses - and would like to make sure that altar is linked to your blood line so that not just any spirit could use it claiming to be related. Again I have no personal artifacts, few names, and very few photos for my Grand-mothers part of the family, no less from my grandfather's side and pretty sure there is nothing at all from my mother side at all.

A general offering "to the family" is not appropriate here - I don't think - I was told to look for one woman in particular who is several generations back of unknown relation to me.

I was thinking about using my blood in some way, but am unsure what principle would survive death. Perhaps a spirit house is not needed for contacting the lady and making general offerings but it is sticking in my mind for some reason.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse