Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Energy Conversion, Is this how Magick works?
greenlantern153
post Feb 6 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello

According to the equation of continuity, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be converted into various forms. For example, in an internal combustion engine, the chemical energy in fuel is converted by combustion into heat and kinetic energy. The kinetic energy drives the pistons, the pistons drive the crankshaft, the crankshaft drives the wheels and whala, the car accelerates. So when one does Magick, are we really just converting energy into the forms that ultimately bring the change we intend? If so, what kind of energy is the starting point in the chain? Is it something that our spirit (kia, akasha, chi, life force) possesses? Or am I able to 'take' energy from sources outside of me, convert it and apply it according to my intention? For example, can I go and stand in the sun, absorb the energy of its radiation and then use that energy for Magick? Or am I getting too much into the physics of a highly subjective practice?

--------------------
Life is profound.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse