Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mathematical Philosophy
gift22
post Dec 31 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Mathematics has became abstract in which such ideas can exist such as -1. I was thinking how although people might not agree with the certain philosophies
i tried translating a bit of a mix of my own personal opinions with hindu yoga thought into an equation. This sounds crazy but it was just a jot in my notebook
so please be easy on it, just a crazy idea, after all bertrand russel did say one of the qualitites of developing genius is denying reason.

philosophy-

The ego is not a curse, it is beautiful, hindu philisophy must think that without the ego there would be no samadhi, and even in samadhi, one loses the ego
but bliss occurs, a paradox based on religious thought. Losing the ego through the ego(joint with will) to then feel bliss is the ultimate expression of the beauty of ego fuelled
with a religious based paradox. I translated this into mathematics.

infinite sign over zero

abyss (0.222 etc.)

0.888888888888++++++++++++++++++++++0.222222222222222= 1=0.999999999999999999999 recurring this is samadhi, includes idea of infinite at start, it is alsoparadox
this is the ego with infinite on top of
zero

hope you understand. i write this about 11:30 so i was slightly more to the creative side of my brain.
comments please, not harsh though, because i am actually not that great at maths. I think the paradox can work and is a spiritual truth but our minds cannot grasp it.
thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by gift22: Dec 31 2007, 01:48 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse