Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What's Your Sign?, Zodiological Stereotyping
Praxis
post May 5 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #1

Mage
Group Icon

Have you ever had someone ask you what month and day your body was born – only to then discover that they wanted that information so that they could stereotype you according to your zodiological sign?

That has happened to me. And because that happened several times, years ago I made the decision to stop giving people that information, because if they zodiologically biased then they tremendously struggle to relate with me, instead of relating with the sign. Most often, they have lost that struggle.

I always have had problems with astrology for that reason: the propensity for many who consider, and engage, events according astrological explanations about whatever is happening (be the event either environmental or personal) - with little regard for the dynamic actually occurring.

However – I do not throw out what I consider to be the baby with that bathwater.

To me, the baby is the union – the combined interconnection - of the zodiological archetypes. Such that: I consider each person to have all of the archetypes, including all associated qualities of those archetypes, as aspects of their personalities. Sure, some people have cultivated one or more of them to either greater or lesser degrees than others. Yet, I do not consider any one archetype to be the central, primary, or whatever-other-term-or-phrase-suggests-exclusive-personality-determinance of someone’s personality – based upon when someone’s body was born.

I consider the zodiological system as a map for archetypal development – one guide (amongst many guides) for cultivating various traits as clarified and consolidated according to those famous archetypes – where one can work on cultivating all their positive qualities (and surmounting the respective challenges for doing so with each archetype) for producing a specific kind of character complex.

Although not much talked about – I can see how a system for such development could be crafted, which deals with invoking and evoking the zodiological archetypes to order their mature placement within, and expression through, one’s magickal personality.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse