Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Consciousness Of Border Between Wake And Sleep
Xochipilli
post Dec 23 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Something that used to happen all the time when I was younger, especially when I was around 13-15 has started happening the odd time to me lately again. Its not just sleep paralysis but while im paralysed just as im fallling asleep I can consciously watch all the stages of me falling asleep. Its truly intersting shit. First thing right after Im paralysed is I hear a loud ringing or winding rushing in my ear sound and I get the feeling of my face caving in. Well thats the best way I can explain it anyway.

A weird thing I notice is when it happens to me which is very rare nowadays is it happens over and over again in one night. I start to fall asleep and for some reason Im fully aware of it and something scares the crap outta me so I pull myself back out of the sleep state. Its never easy waking myself up I always struggle and have to try and move my shoulders from side to side until I actually do. Most of the time what scares me is I see these black shadows or figures flying around the room and seemingly pulling myself into the sleep state. Im usually uneasy about the idea of me falling asleep in the presence of these shadows so I give it all I have and wake myself up. Its always a hard thing to do for me pulling myself out of paralasys.

A long time ago I learned to get over the fear barrier and just observe the situation without reacting to it. Its some interesting shit. Its usually fairly fast between the state when Im paralysed and seeing black until the point where I start visualising and creating images. I read in one of Robert Monroes books that this point between wake and sleep is the best time to leave your body and astral travel. Everytime I find myself conscious of falling asleep I try to leave my body but never with any success. Ive actually become pretty good at slowly falling asleep and pulling myself out not enough to be fully awake but just enough so I dont fall into unconscious sleep.

My attempts to leave my body in these states only result in lucid dreams but fairly potent ones. I always have a dream that Ive left my body but every time I consider the possibility of it being a dream and thats when I realize it is.

What am I doing wrong here?? How come I only end up in a lucid dream instead of actually leaving my body when Im bordering between sleep and wake?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Xochipilli   Consciousness Of Border Between Wake And Sleep   Dec 23 2006, 07:34 PM
Faustopheles   Greetings Xochipilli, Real-time Astral Projection...   Dec 23 2006, 07:59 PM
cantrip   Funny things happen if you do not complete all thr...   May 26 2007, 10:31 PM
Xochipilli   That would definately explain a few things. Ive no...   Dec 24 2006, 04:58 PM
Faustopheles   I think you should really read Robert Bruce, his t...   Dec 24 2006, 05:48 PM
Enochian   You have accomplished much just to do what you hav...   Dec 26 2006, 02:00 PM
plainsight   I've had a few incidents in which I was aware ...   Dec 28 2006, 10:49 PM
Enochian   You never force a dream just influence where and w...   Jan 5 2007, 04:56 PM
Xochipilli   Happened to me again last night that I watched mys...   Jan 8 2007, 09:43 AM
Enochian   A short time after the vibes you should be able to...   Jan 8 2007, 03:58 PM
valkyrie   i have a question. music doesnt seem to be an exc...   Feb 18 2007, 02:02 PM
Xochipilli   When it happened to me it was heavy metal music p...   Feb 21 2007, 09:52 PM
J*S   If you can get it, I would recommend picking up a ...   Feb 22 2007, 02:37 AM
Xochipilli   I dont get the paralysis part much anymore. Nowada...   Feb 22 2007, 11:21 AM
valkyrie   Xoch--- i hear everykind of music out there...from...   Feb 22 2007, 01:25 PM
Zugzwang   Something that concerns me is that nothing is bein...   Mar 26 2007, 08:37 AM
sohazia   Something that used to happen all the time when I...   Oct 1 2010, 08:11 AM
☞Tomber☜   sohazia, there are lots of different way people re...   Oct 1 2010, 06:04 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse