Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pros And Cons Of Sharing Knowledge
valkyrie
post Apr 2 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Danger of an outside influence: does reading too much about other people's experiences with dreams, spells, visions, astral projecting, etc etc...actually corrupt your own personal experience? after all, expectations is a key factor. I get the feeling that it does. I mean, to one extent or another, we all share a general pool of knowledge...but i am careful when trying to distinguish a personal truth from the writhing mass of everyone's thoughts, emotions, and opinions. And if this were the case, that too much knowledge can weigh down and complicate personal revelations...well that would make it significantly harder determining if previous knowledge changes the pure experience we all seek. im hoping that if i am more aware that other's people's experiences DO warp my own, i have the presence of mind to seperate my own from everyone else's.

there are other problems (as well as benefits) to sharing knowledge. Ive only highlighted one of them (and it would be great if any of you had examples or stories highlighting it!). I thought this was a good topic to introduce. but i wasnt too sure what forum this falls under (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused012.gif) , so....hehe hopefully i got it right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spoton.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse