Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

End Of The World!?, yada yada, whatever you say dude.
valkyrie
post Aug 10 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

ok ok. i think just about everyone here probably has had a dream about the end of the world...it seems like there is a hush where people seek the answer; that is... no one is willing to give up the goods. I have to wonder...why? is it because there are so many different versions, and there is the good chance that if you share your "prophecy" you'd be deemed a nut? Or is it because you esteem your knowledge accurate and so secretive (because only YOU were granted the insight right...) that possibly telling anyone and everyone will trigger the events? um....yeah, whatever you DONT say dude.
the thing that CONCERNS me is not the common unspoken knowledge everyone seems to walk around with, shoved to the back of their minds, or the general unspoken agreement that one does not discuss such personal information on a forum (er...rather impersonal i would think). That is actually comforting in a weird way...what CONCERNS me is the fact that there are people (who i have met and talked with) who get obsessed and addicted to the idea. Ive studied this kind of attitude only from an outsider's perspective. What is so relevant in the fact that we will all die? I guess its the "all at once" bit. perhaps its the modern religious twist to it, a day of reckoning...its no longer the days when the end of the world could ever be considered an accident...somehow a fatalist point of view was attached to it. I think we all just need a good smack to put us back in our place. Doom Da doom doom... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/victory.gif)

PS. Hopefully ive riled up a couple of forum junkies...yeah! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif) get pumped!!!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th October 2024 - 10:28 PM