Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Contacting/evoking Spirits Of Entheogenic Plants?, Mescalito? Lady Salvia??
Heathen
post Dec 25 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

First things first: I was not absolutely sure where I should put this thread but I decided that it's closer to Spirit Work than Shamanism.
Second things second (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) sorry for another has-anyone-evoked topic that includes no experiences of the author, but I couldn't help it. The curiosity was killing me...

Sooo... Has anyone contacted any plant spirits? I'm not actually asking about hugging trees and that kind of stuff... I'm particularly interested in entheogens and natural psychedelics. They are reported to have spirits that 'belong to' the whole species rather than individual plants. As we can read in one of Castaneda's books (I read it some time ago... was the title 'Don Juan's Teachings'?) peyotl has (as Mexican shamans believe) a Spirit called Mescalito. Castaneda saw him. R. A. Wilson (author of "Cosmic Trigger") also writes he met that entity. Another case is Lady Salvia who is supposed to be the spirit of Salvia Divinorum. There are reports of meeting her or at least of some vague 'feminine presence'.
The two spirits (there are probably more of them) are said to have tendency to choose people that they reveal themselves to, to test them etc...

First question: do you believe in such entheogenic spirits? Do you think they exist in the same way as e.g. Goetic spirits or maybe they're just, as Wilson suggests, a projection created by our minds in response to biological impulses we receive from plants that we interpret & antropomorph?

Second question: do you think that every species (plants? all living organisms?) has a 'collective spirit'?

Third question: have you met any of such entheogenic spirits during your trips? (the thread about psychedelics & magick is quite popular so I assume some of you have had some) Personally I've felt a feminine presence when I smoked Salvia but I'm almost sure it was because of the song that was being played at the moment ('just look in her eyes,' the guy sang). I've never tried peyote as I haven't the slightest idea how I could possibly get it here where I live.

And last but not least, the 4th, purely magickal question: has anyone evoked or otherwise contacted such spirits without the use of drugs? It's one thing to get high and meet fantastic creatures or spirits but another thing is to evoke them... Any experiences? Do you think anything would show up during an evocation? After all, the spirits are not willing to reveal themselves to anyone except people of their own choice, am I right? Especially Lady Salvia is reported to be quite... timid and elusive.

The idea of this thread occurred to me because I'm going to buy a stronger Salvia Divinorum extract after the New Year. I might meet Lady Salvia and if I do, you can be sure I'll write about it here... wish me good trips (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound :)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse