Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Meditation Is Key?
Priest
post Mar 10 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

In all my reading and understanding of the many different avenues of the occult, a mutual factor has always been present. That factor is meditation. What I've been led to believe is that meditation can pretty much get you to where you're going, to the end. To the betterment of the self, hence your goal. If meditating holds such power, I was wondering what most of these other avenues of magick really do for the practitioner.

I'm not downgrading any other forms of magick, simply inquiring as to their purpose in life in comparison to meditation. I understand different aspects of magick, different wills and goals lead to different things and through different means however the end result is still the same and can be achieved through meditation alone. Or so I've been led to believe. Especially considering that meditation is a common part of most magickal practice, what makes the all powerful method of enhancing oneself to become yet another tool for the practicing magician? Again, I'm just curious and it's a question that's been on my mind. Something like, "Why do all this, if you can just do this and ultimately get the same results?".

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse