Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Strange Noises, I hear strange noises when trying to fall asleep
Musky Tusk
post Apr 12 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've been trying to astral project for a little while now, with no success. I've been using a visualization technique from Astral Projection by John Magnus where you visualize while falling asleep and project the next morning.

I've been probing the hypnagogic state and I keep getting awakened by strange bleeps bloops and zings. This happens about 3-4 nights a week, more frequently if I'm more tired. It sounds like cartoon/computer noises most of the time, there's a springy "boing" sound that I hear often, and once it was a bear/cougar growl.
These noises wouldn't be a problem at all but when I hear them I get a sort of targeted electrical jolt feeling, and my muscles flex in the area of the shock. After I get the shock I am wide awake, and when I try to fall back asleep I get another sound and shock about half the time.

I've been experiencing this for a long time before I started trying to astral project, it just happens much more now.
I used to think that the shock was the consciousness snapping back to the physical body from the astral body, but I'm not sure.

So I was wondering what are these noises and how can I stop them? They can get pretty annoying

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse