Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Anti Aging With Psi
Night
post Oct 24 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

i was thinking that with enough focus and enough psionic abilities one could possibly use the psi energy to repair the damage that is created during the reprodution of the cells that cause aging. i was wondering if anyone knows more about this or someone who has used psionics to repair the cell damage or alter their DNA for some other reason.

--------------------
knowledge is power but we need the wisdom to use that power correctly.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DarK
post Oct 24 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Im sure one would have to master self-hypnotism to do that. It would be quite possible, nothing is impossible. However, time on this earth is limited...thenceforth putting limits on all other things.

This post has been edited by DeathStalker: Oct 24 2006, 10:33 PM

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Oct 24 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #3

simoniconist
Group Icon

While there are no limits in magick, it would take decades of time and practice to be able to build up enough energy to manipulate one's body on a cellular level to the extent of modifying one's DNA or to the extent of extending your life by an substantial amount. On the other hand Aleister Crowley; overweight, reportedly a carrier of several STDs, and a drug addict from the word go lived to be 72. An age which most people who live healthy lives do not reach. Again, nothing is impossible but be prepared to spend a lifetime working on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Oct 25 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #4

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

Well, it depends on what you're trying to do, and how you go about achieving it. There are no hard and fast answers here, it really depends on what you want and how much work you're willing to do on your end. True immortality may not be possible (although with technological advances who knows?), but I know it's possible to extend life, etc. using magic.

Bear in mind, though, that it's easier to prevent damage than it is to reverse it. So lay off the smokes, stay out of the sun, etc. and use magic to reinforce good habits. That's probably the easiest way.

For the record most people think I'm in my late teens-mid twenties, not early thirties, so this sort of thing IS possible. It also helps that I'm a night owl and never ever ever see the sun, it's BAD for me. 'Nuf said.

Edit: Plenty of people reach the age of 72. Back in Crowley's day, it was remarkable, as he died when antibiotics were in their infancy. Now, statistical average life expectancy is around age 75 and steadily increasing, at least in the US. In Europe and Japan (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) it's even longer. Compare that to the Third World where among the evils of HIV/AIDS, warfare, and starvation, a lot of those people are lucky to see 60. So it really depends on how you take care of yourself and where you live.

This post has been edited by Darkmage: Oct 25 2006, 12:32 AM

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Night
post Oct 25 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

i have heard of people who have lived for 200 years and they may be myths but i believe it is possible and i know there is no easy way to do this but i think with enough effort and a decade of training i could do it. since people have been know to alter their boy with just thought and a few months or so i figure that in a decade of training i might be able to at least slow aging quite a bit. it is easier to prevent damage than to reverse it, at least for now.

--------------------
knowledge is power but we need the wisdom to use that power correctly.

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Oct 25 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

Don't forget, too, a lot depends on genetics as well. Some of those rules can be bent, others can be broken, and yet others *cannot* be overridden. So before you go too far, take a brief medical history of your family. If everyone, for example, dies of heart disease at 60 (and a friend of mine's family is like this), living to 200 may be impossible. Living to 90, though, may be within range given your personal parameters.

If you come from a family like mine, where everyone (despite autoimmune diseases and severe asthma and a situation where everyone has one or both) lives productive, normal so long as we take our meds, and dementia-free lives at least into their 90's, the rules change. So it helps to know your background, too.

Also, just living a long time, at least to me, isn't good enough. If I'm gonna live to be 100, I had damn well better be (relatively) healthy and not a cripple for the last decades of my life. If my fate is to get congestive heart failure, diabetes, and Alzheimer's (extremely unlikely given my history, but this is an example), then live to be 100, screw that. I'd rather die at 45, knowing I've done what I can.

A lot of this comes down to what you want and your own personal set of values. I can't help you on those.

Good luck...

--------------------
We rise and fall
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

maskedrider555
post Oct 27 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

For my point of view, it is possible to use psionics to counter aging. I feel the theory is the same as people in eastern practise using chi gong or internal energy to look young, or has the looks of a 30yrs old when at a age of 60. However one needs a high level of cultivation to counter aging. It may need at least 20-30yrs.

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Oct 27 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #8

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

Well, the best anti-aging thing is to *stay the hell out of the sun and away from UV lamps.* I cannot emphasise that enough. UV damage, not time, is responsible for about 90% (give or take) of what people call ageing. Damage from cell division slowing down won't appear until about age 60 or so if there's no UV radiation damage.

Wear sunscreen, a hat, and avoid the sun like the plague. I have to, but I also take vitamin D supplements. So I'm not losing any of the benefits.

Magic/Psi is very good for reinforcing good habits, but first you have to make a conscious effort to develop those habits.

--------------------
We rise and fall
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Venefica
post Nov 4 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

There is a Taoist legend that go somthing like this:

Once upon a time there was a family that was traveling in the montains, they soth refuge in a cave one evening but there was an acident and the opening to the cave gave in, trapping the family inside. There they sat whit no food or wather exept a tiniest drip down one of the stone walls. The family belived their houer of death was upon them, but then a son in the family discoverd a tiny turle stretching and retracting its neck, drinking the few droplets of wather. The family begun to iminate the turle movments and by that gained its longavity and managed to sustain themself on only a few droplets of mineral rich wather. And when at last the family was found, 800 years had passed and they were still alive and healthy. And that the myth say is the basis for the ttle exersise.

Ii have been interested in inmortality and life extension from the time i was 2 years old, and i do belive it is possible to do whit Energy work, magick or psionics. Bt like mentions i also think it will take mutch time and effort and it might be more easy if one also takes good care of one self.

Living nthil one is 90 is not that impressive in this day and age, i know many wo have reatched that age, it first start to become impressive when one ronds 100.

I like the metod described in Linda Goodman`s New Star Signs, she belived that aging is not real, that we are only imagining it due to the death focus of our sosiety, that if we managed to ignore aging, if we disbelived it so to speak we would be free of the burden of aging, she also describe several interesting exersises forstopping and reversing aging.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse