Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 How You Create A Thoughtform?, how you create a thoughform?
brokenhearth
post Aug 27 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

how you create a thoughform?are are a construct and a thoughform the same?what can a thoughform do?of what thoughforns live?can you create a thoughform that keeps living after you are gone?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Aug 28 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Instructions on how to create a servitor are probably under chaos magic subforum. Construct, servitor and thoughtform are the same as far as I know, although a thoughtform might be created by other means. For instance, popular icons were originally ideas created by authors or artists. Some of these thoughtforms do outlive their creator. Look at the Sherlock Holmes character. Arthur Conan Doyle died somewhere in the 1930s as I recall. Mickey Mouse has outlived Walt Disney.

I remember an experiment here in Ontario where they created a pseudo-poltergeist in the 1970s. A group of people got together regularly made up a fictional character who they based this on. They worked out the details of his character, background and history. They gave him a name, but I can't recall it off the top of my head. Then they experimented with table levitation and moving with members of the group sitting around the table. They actually got the poltergeist-type results after they created their fictional ghost. Membership of the group changed over time. Presumably the new comers would have been briefed on the fictional ghost they conjured. I believe that they met regularly for about 15 years. Anyhow you would have to say that their fictional ghost or pseudo-poltergeist was a thoughtform which they had empowered through their ... for lack of a better term... fleshing out of his character and regular thoughts about him. They used to discuss him as if he was an old friend who might not be there in body, but was in spirit.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Aug 28 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(brokenhearth @ Aug 27 2009, 12:36 PM) *

how you create a thoughform?are are a construct and a thoughform the same?what can a thoughform do?of what thoughforns live?can you create a thoughform that keeps living after you are gone?

I have made several entities in my time, one has stuck. I suggest you get this book: Creating Magickal Entities

The book is low bullshit and gives you pretty good ways of compiling a spirit. It has helped me once a great deal.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse