Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Pm
Ankhhape
post Apr 12 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

For some reason I cannot access my personal messages . . . any idea why?

--------------------
Kheper-i kheper kheperu kheper-kuie
em kheperu en Khepri kheper em Sep Tepy

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Apr 12 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
Welcome to the Forum!
For what I can ascertain you must have posted here a number of times before this function works...around 3. This prevented people just joining the Forum to use the PM function like their private messaging service...which it is anyway...so, be patient and if you cannot get anywhere with it after you posting to the discussions for a number of times, contact me or the other mods/admins by posting here or try sending the mysterious PM way and we'll get to you quickly! Sorry for the confusion, I'm in a muddle these days!

PS: edit added from 'Help' section...
Your personal messenger acts much like an email account in that you can send and receive messages and store messages in folders.

Compose a New PM

This will allow you to send a message to another member. If you have names in your contact list, you can choose a name from it - or you may choose to enter a name in the relevant form field. This will be automatically filled in if you clicked a 'PM' button on the board (from the member list or a post). If allowed, you may also be able to enter in multiple names in the box provided, will need to add one username per line.
If the administrator allows, you may use BB Code and HTML in your private message. If you choose to check the 'Add a copy of this message to you sent items folder' box, a copy of the message will be saved for you for later reference. If you tick the 'Track this message?' box, then the details of the message will be available in your 'Message Tracker' where you will be able to see if/when it has been read.

Your inbox is where all new messages are sent to. Clicking on the message title will show you the message in a similar format to the board topic view. You can also delete or move messages from your inbox.

Empty PM Folders

This option provides you with a quick and easy way to clear out all of your PM folders.

Edit Storage Folders

You may rename, add or remove folders to store messages is, allowing you to organise your messages to your preference. You cannot remove 'Sent Items' or 'Inbox'.

PM Buddies/Block List

You may add in users names in this section, or edit any saved entries. You can also use this as a ban list, denying the named member the ability to message you.
Names entered in this section will appear in the drop down list when sending a new PM, allowing you to quickly choose the members name when sending a message.

Archive Messages

If your messenger folders are full and you are unable to receive new messages, you can archive them off. This compiles the messages into a single HTML page or Microsoft © Excel Format. This page is then emailed to your registered email address for your convenience.

Saved (Unsent) PMs

This area will allow you to go back to any PM's that you have chosen to save to be sent later.

Message Tracker

This is the page that any messages that you have chosen to track will appear. Details of if and when they have been read by the recipient will appear here. This also gives you the chance to delete any messages that you have sent and not yet been read by the intended recipient.

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Ankhhape
post Apr 12 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Though it says I have 1 post, I have indeed posted 7 times and my PM still does not work

--------------------
Kheper-i kheper kheperu kheper-kuie
em kheperu en Khepri kheper em Sep Tepy

+Quote Post

bym
post Apr 12 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #4

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Ah...the vagueries of Forums...
Posts in the coffee shop, fight club and support do not accumulate as if you were posting in the other topics. The one post in Neophyte Hall has been counted. I will try to arrange something by some manipulation...but I'm not promising anything!
The Coffee Shop is considered a meet and greet with no intrinsic discussion value as is also the Support area. The Fight Club is a free for all and doesn't count because of the lax rules. I didn't make the rules...don't kill the messenger! *grin* We should have you sorted out by then...thank you for your patience!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2024 - 05:40 PM