Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Fast
VitalWinds
post Dec 30 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I am going to start a fast from food and light starting tomorrow. I will also abstain from cigarettes and any other such things. I will sit in the dark of my bathroom and meditate for a month or more(however long it takes) with nothing more than a cup for water.

I'll get back to you in a month or so with the results.

--------------------
Peace.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Dec 30 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Dec 30 2010, 05:25 PM) *

I am going to start a fast from food and light starting tomorrow. I will also abstain from cigarettes and any other such things. I will sit in the dark of my bathroom and meditate for a month or more(however long it takes) with nothing more than a cup for water.

I'll get back to you in a month or so with the results.

Be careful with that, your body will start to eat itself after 5 day without any food.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Dec 30 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

There's plenty for it to eat.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Dec 31 2010, 02:20 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

This is dangerous. I do not think it will lead to any sort of enlightenment. Possibly useful quotes:

"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."

"But again, after five or six years of self-mortification, Siddhartha felt he had failed to achieve true insight and rejected such practices as dangerous and useless.

Resolved to continue his quest, Siddharta made his way to a deer park at Isipatana, near present day Benares. Here he sat beneath a tree meditating on death and rebirth. Discovering that excessive fasts destroy strength, he learned that as he had transcended earthly life, so must he next transcend asceticism."

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Dec 31 2010, 02:20 AM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Jan 1 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Well that was a bust anyway. I had myself all set up but I fell asleep only to awake to realize the heater had been left on too long. I was sweating like mad. I HAD to leave the room, therein leaving the dark.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

plainsight
post Jan 1 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

Confine the body, free the mind.

+Quote Post

Waterfall
post Jan 1 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Sometimes coincidences are trying to tell you something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Draw
post Jan 4 2011, 05:30 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

I remember once i planned for months to go and camp under a tree far away from anyone and stay their for a year meditating.
I stock-piled food and equipment, i was all ready to move out of my little flat an quit my job, i was literally about to do it when i suddenly got a girlfriend a new flat 4Xcats and lots of new friends, in the space of 3 weeks..
I think i was just depressed, wanted to give up on society, when really i was just lonely.
I often wondered what it would have been like, if i would have learned anything useful, i guess i will never know.

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Jan 6 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Wow. That sounds wonderful. Too bad the only things stopping me from doing anything are always crap.

Marine recruiters won't take me.
Truck needs a part.
No money.
No girlfriend.
Nearly shot my friend and his girlfriend.
Losing my mind.
Losing all grip on reality really.....

I once came to the conclusion that God wants me to be evil to test people, but I can't even manage to do that. My friends won't let me be evil.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/badmood.gif)

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Jan 6 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Jan 6 2011, 12:12 PM) *

Wow. That sounds wonderful. Too bad the only things stopping me from doing anything are always crap.

Truck needs a part.
No money.
No girlfriend.
Losing my mind.

I once came to the conclusion that God wants me to be evil to test people, but I can't even manage to do that. My friends won't let me be evil.

From what you list here, it certainly sounds like some serious crap is going on right now in your life. I don't think spiritual practices involving isolating oneself and disengaging generally solve these kinds of problems, these things have to be met on their own plane. Perhaps a little low magick or relaxation meditation will grease the wheels and give you new options, but (as Draw said) escapism is just going to make these problems worse. Generally, the magician or yogi needs to have their life well put together to be able to "put it down" and benefit from some of the more advanced practices involving isolation, et cetera.

I wish I could give you some pointers right now that would help you transition your life into a positive direction, since it sounds like you're really struggling to find yourself at this time. So I'll ask...what do you want? A good job? Sex? Money? Friends? More likely than not, what you really "want" will be something you can get in multiple ways...

Regarding evil...I'm also not sure what you mean by this. My knee-jerk reaction is that you're finding greater meaning out of the negativity in your life as it stands. If so, don't! You're only fooling yourself and ensuring your misery continues this way. Focus on what you want and desire most and turn away from the pain.

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Jan 7 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

Marine recruiters not taking you = blessing in disguise. Two of my buddies decided to be Marines; two of my buddies now wish desperately they had never joined the Marines.

Do you have a hobby or academic interest? I like to lose myself in chemistry when things aren't going well. I improve myself and have fun too! Meditation is another thing one can never do too much of. Meditating in distracting situations is great training.

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Jan 7 2011, 02:28 AM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Waterfall
post Jan 8 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

Absolutely agree with Vilhjalmr. Don't join the military as an escape; unless it's your life path you'll be miserable. I speak from experience.

A good guide for starting meditators can be found athttp://kennethfolkdharma.wetpaint.com/ .

This post has been edited by Waterfall: Jan 8 2011, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post

Lichdar
post Jan 17 2011, 06:56 AM
Post #13

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ Jan 6 2011, 02:12 PM) *

Truck needs a part.
No money.
No girlfriend.
Losing my mind.

You may need to seek help.

I have been depressed before, but I don't believe that any manifestation of Will is exactly what you need at the moment. With your current subconscious, you will most likely bring further harm to yourself and I havek nown people who have. Meditate, seek aid, and understand yourself and what you seek.

Right now, you are a great risk of delusion if you visualize anything, honestly. The odds of Analytical Overlay and what the Hermetics call delusion are likely to override anything useful; seek mastery of yourself, especially your emotions, before you seek to ascend. As above, as below; as below, as above. If you cannot control yourself and the interior, then you will not be able to control the exterior.

This post has been edited by Lichdar: Jan 17 2011, 06:58 AM

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jan 18 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lichdar @ Jan 17 2011, 08:56 AM) *

You may need to seek help.

I have been depressed before, but I don't believe that any manifestation of Will is exactly what you need at the moment. With your current subconscious, you will most likely bring further harm to yourself and I havek nown people who have. Meditate, seek aid, and understand yourself and what you seek.

Right now, you are a great risk of delusion if you visualize anything, honestly. The odds of Analytical Overlay and what the Hermetics call delusion are likely to override anything useful; seek mastery of yourself, especially your emotions, before you seek to ascend. As above, as below; as below, as above. If you cannot control yourself and the interior, then you will not be able to control the exterior.

Agreed.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse