Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What To Do If Your Psychic
Horse
post Sep 22 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I appear to be mildly psychic. I've had a few blatantly obvious psychic dreams and things like that but I was talking to a psychic in a chat room and she kept telling me weird stuff like "the reason I'm talking to you is because my guides gave me the go ahead and what I have to tell you is that your psychic" etc. Although everything I perceive is of a negative nature like people getting sick, people being upset over something etc. obviously psychic skills are something to be highly grateful for. Its probably like normal eyesight. Not everything you see is pleasant but I think we can all agree its better to have eyesight than to not have it haha.

Anyhow I was wondering if theres any psychics on this forum that can help me out. I have a million questions but I'll try and limit them to 3 or 4 haha.
1.) How do you determine whether something is psychic info or just your imagination? For example I had a dream where my brother told me he was sick and I woke up 5 minutes later and find out my brother stayed in bed because he was sick. Obviously theres no doubt in my mind that that was a psychic dream. Often though I'll get flashes just as I'm falling asleep of say a family member upset over something. Theres no way of determining whether its the truth or not so what do I do? I don't want to act on something I don't know with certainty is true.

2.) Does being psychic make you at higher risk of being psychically attacked, who is likely to psychically attack you and are there any certain ways to know if you are being attacked or negatively influenced by the mind of another human or otherwise.

3.) Is it only good willed people that are gifted with innate psychic abilities and as a result could one take it as a sign that its been bestowed upon you so you can solve problems for other people without them having to physically tell you theres a problem? I love helping people when I can so either way I'm gonna take full advantage of any psychic info I get if I can determine its true.

4.) Is sleep paralysis a common thing among psychics and would I be right in assuming that its a highly useful state for picking up information through means other than the 5 senses?

This post has been edited by Horse: Sep 22 2009, 11:11 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Sep 22 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

2) I’m not psychic, but I know a few who are. For one of my friends this ability makes her very spiritually sensitive. For example every time we walk into an occult store, grave yard or “haunted” place she gets dizzy, and feels heavy, so much so that she has to wait outside or in the car. Even before knowing her, I have heard and learned that psychics are more prone to psychic attacks and spiritual influences.

3) I actually don’t think psychic abilities are given to “good” people or are there for a divine purpose. My cousin is VERY psychic, and can’t keep one friend. People think she is creepy or are basically freaked out by her.

+Quote Post

Horse
post Sep 23 2009, 03:22 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Don't judge books by their covers. Just cuz your cousin isn't very social doesn't mean shes not a good person. I'm too honest for peoples likings and people are often scared to be around me because I easily shock, offend or hurt their feelings if their sensitiveI but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a good person. I go outta my way to help others in extreme ways so that outweighs any antisocial behaviour I exhibit by a mile. I did say "mildly" psychic though. I can walk through graveyards and so called haunted castles and not feel a thing.

+Quote Post

Kath
post Nov 3 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

1) practice/experience

2) yeah

3) nope

4) I don't think it is all that much more common in people who are psychic. most people are at least latently psychic, and sleep paralysis seems to happen to a pretty wide range of people. It's worth noting that there are 2 main types of sleep paralysis experience, one is just a feeling of being awake but physically immobile, and is believed to be related to simple brain chemistry. The other is actually equally common and in addition to feeling awake but physically immobile, it involves an unwanted spiritual presence (in the doorway, at the foot of the bed, side of the bed, hovering overhead, etc) usually a shadowy figure, and a general sense of great danger or panic. I personally suspect these to be actual malevolent presences, either creating a sleep paralysis in the person, or capitalizing on a naturally occurring sleep paralysis in the person, in order to really freak someone the *F* out. it would make for quite a feast of fear energy I would think.

anyway, I don't know of anyone using sleep paralysis as a psychic mediumship state, but it might prove to be an interesting experiment to do so. The famous psychic Edgar Cayce would go to sleep on a couch in the presence of a client, and tell the client to ask him questions just as he dozed into unconsciousness. For about 15 minutes he would respond to questions in a trance-like state, and his answers would include free access to psychic insight. And then he'd fall completely asleep. He claimed not to remember or be aware of the dialog's after waking. As "career psychics" go, I find Edgar Cayce to be much more credible than most.

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

xXDaemonReignXx
post Nov 6 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm special too.

--------------------
“Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.”

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Nov 7 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I've had a few blatantly obvious psychic dreams and things like that but I was talking to a psychic in a chat room and she kept telling me weird stuff like "the reason I'm talking to you is because my guides gave me the go ahead and what I have to tell you is that your psychic"

I have no respect for online or phone psychics. All they do is pander to their clients and pillow talk them into believing that some how through a series of vague or losely obscure metaphors that they are psychic when all they do is talk a load of garbage. So if I were you I would totally nyx the online psychic. Waste of time - more than likely at least.

Although everything I perceive is of a negative nature like people getting sick, people being upset over something etc. obviously psychic skills are something to be highly grateful for. Its probably like normal eyesight. Not everything you see is pleasant but I think we can all agree its better to have eyesight than to not have it haha.

If I were your psychologist I might ask you what is it about yourself that you percieve as sick or negative and why do you seek to find it in other people. As far as psychic abilities people experience it differently and some people speciallize in certain ways. Some people see only into the future. Some people only the past. Some people can only talk to those who have died. Some can only read personal objects that they touch. And some people experience ESP through dreams. There are of course those who seem to specialize in all sorts of psychic abilities and are not just limited to one. The way I experience it is like a flash. Just an instant in time that is just out of place with the present. Sometimes the flash has a series of images that show what might be the future other times its the past. But its like glimpse into something you cannot quite make out yet makes perfect sense at the same time - and feels really eerie when it actually happens or you find out its true.

1.) How do you determine whether something is psychic info or just your imagination? For example I had a dream where my brother told me he was sick and I woke up 5 minutes later and find out my brother stayed in bed because he was sick. Obviously theres no doubt in my mind that that was a psychic dream. Often though I'll get flashes just as I'm falling asleep of say a family member upset over something. Theres no way of determining whether its the truth or not so what do I do? I don't want to act on something I don't know with certainty is true.

What do you consider to be psychic? In my mind being able to predict the future is no more unnatural than being able to predict the weather. The human mind is just this incredible organ that can process so much sensory information in an instant, why can it not discern information that the cognitive self is not aware of? Past or present or future?

2.) Does being psychic make you at higher risk of being psychically attacked, who is likely to psychically attack you and are there any certain ways to know if you are being attacked or negatively influenced by the mind of another human or otherwise.

Not really unless you are actually working with entities that could put you in harm's way. But more than likely no. Psychic parasites prey on those who don't even know they are there. If you don't know a psychic parasite is there, you cannot protect yourself against it so easily.

3.) Is it only good willed people that are gifted with innate psychic abilities and as a result could one take it as a sign that its been bestowed upon you so you can solve problems for other people without them having to physically tell you theres a problem? I love helping people when I can so either way I'm gonna take full advantage of any psychic info I get if I can determine its true.

Certainly not. Even good people can do great harm - even if they only meant to do good! Psychic abilities are genetic. Being good vs. bad (like sinner vs. saint) is primarily how people develop through childhood. Although some genetic factors can predispose people towards certain behaviors ie alcoholism.

4.) Is sleep paralysis a common thing among psychics and would I be right in assuming that its a highly useful state for picking up information through means other than the 5 senses?

Because psychic abilties are not accepted by the scientific main stream I cannot give you any accurate information. Its possible that is true. But I doubt it. Sleep paralysis is when the mechanism in the body that normally keeps the mind unconscious while asleep fails. Generally this happens during the NREM (Non-rapid-eye movement) stage of the sleep cycle. What happens is basically a person comes to while their body is still immobilized from sleep. I suppose a person could use this as a sort of self induced altered state of mind (since people who have sleep paralysis tend to report vivid, even terrifying hallucinations) that could allow you to draw out psychic information, its just something you'd have to experiment with. I know that ever since I started working with lucid dreams I have bouts of sleep paralysis several times a month. But its not because of anything psychic its because I've trained by brain to become aware at times when a normal brain would otherwise be unconscious.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse