Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Does Anyone Have Any Self-defense Tips?, I need some spiritual warfare training pronto!
Kin234
post Jul 22 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Don't know if this is the right place to ask or if anyone has any experience with this but the last few nights i've been having some strange experiences.

I have been a lucid dreamer all my life and do it very regularly quite naturally, but the last few nights, the dreams have seemed so real and i've had a very high level of conscious awareness. Normally this would be a good thing, but the last few nights i've been battling it out against demons, evil spirits, etc. Luckily for me, I know how to force myself awake, but as soon as i fall asleep again I find myself in the same situation. I've been trying everything to fend them off but nothing seems to be working.

Here is what i've tried so far:
-sending love, picturing things that make me happy and saying to them "I forgive you and god loves you"
-calling out for god's help, and help from Jesus Christ
-Visualising myself being filled and surrounded by white light, I also tried other colours of light.

I hate to say it, but none of these new agey techniques seem to work. Is there anyone out there who has a real technique that works? do i need to fight fire with fire?

These dreams seem to be getting more intense, the last one they started "charging up" and throwing fireballs at me, it was like their body started glowing bright red and then fireballs would shoot out from their hands. Even if these are just dreams, and I am not some place in between, I would still like to know at least one or two ways of defending myself for future reference.

Hopefully there is someone on this forum who has dealt with this kind of thing in reality and has a tried and tested self-defense technique.

--------------------
Klaatu Barada Nikto
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 23 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

Consider very carefully the context of the dreams, the elemental inclination of the entities you've been battling, and the place of those elements in your personality. By elements I do not mean necessarily just earth/air/fire/water, but rather elemental emotions as well - fear, anger, etc.

I have had these kinds of dreams in the past - obviously they are individual for everyone, possibly unique, but there is merit to the idea of the jungian archetype, which I have seen to be quite accurate on many occasions even before I took stock in it. Often times, the demons or entities that are attacking you in dreams, are aspects of your own mind which are working against your goals, your hopes, etc. Self-defeating personality traits, addictions, and sometimes external forces - a co-worker who is spreading gossip, etc.; however in most cases I have encountered, other people working against you are usually portrayed in dream language as animals, sometimes predators or insects (depending on how you view such people).

Spiritual warfare is a serious affair, and contrary to popular culture, require more than new-age imagery and clever spellwork. There is not enough weight given to the old axiom "Know Thyself." Explore the symbolism in your dreams, the actions of the entities, and consider how best to interpret them. Follow your instincts - perhaps even create a sigil for the purpose of comprehending the meaning of those symbols. Come to understand what they truly are, within your own psyche, and you will know how to rid yourself of these entities.

I preach it all over the place on these forums, I know, but I'll say it again. Entities that attack you are both internal and external. They are external in that there are external energies that will react with dissonance to your own energetic sphere - however, that dissonance is caused by internal variations. Seek harmony, and the dissonance becomes resonance, and what you perceive as 'attack' will stop. It is said that such demons and lower beings attack us at our weak points. That's what this means - find the weak point, and fix it. Internal, external, all tied together.

If you have these dreams, and you're lucid enough to choose your actions, demand explanations from the beings attacking you. Stand your ground, remember, they are on your turf, and have to account for their presence there. One could say that cosmic law demands this, but that doesn't mean what it sounds like.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Jul 23 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Kin234, I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Your dreams are nearly identical to some of mine. Check it out:

http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=5047

Vagrant Dreamer and I have different beliefs. While he believes that there are no external entities, I believe otherwise. I wasn't too sure for a short time after Dreamer first told me this, but now I don't believe in it. I think you are being attacked by external spirts. You can question them like Dreamer said, but if I were you, I'd start practicing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram before you go to bed or make some talismans to keep it from happening in the first place. Also, next time it happens, try fighting fire with fire, literally. Summon energy up from withing you and hurl it at your attackers. DON'T exit the dream until you beat them, unless they start winning.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kin234
post Jul 23 2007, 05:57 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for the replies guys, some very good advice there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

all the other spiritual forums i go on, they all say the best thing to do if your being attacked is to project love energy towards them which has never worked for me, so im glad someone has finally said "fight fire with fire", i mean there has to be some truth to that because it is quite an old common quote.

Whether or not it was just a dream i am still keen on gettin some basics on self-defense, i have no experience with magick or rituals so where would be a good place to start? keep in mind that i hate reading. I've had a lot of strange experiences in my life so i think i really should equip myself with something becoz im sure i will have more strange experiences later on, it might also help in the afterlife i dunno.

--------------------
Klaatu Barada Nikto
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Jul 23 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

For the fighting fire with fire part, summon the energy from within you, generally from your stomach area and throw it at them like a baseball. When I first started fighting in my dreams I didn't know what I was doing I just did it. Just think it and do it, and it should come very naturally.

For the LBRP, right click on the following link and click the "Save target as..." or "Save link as..." option and save it to your hard drive.

LBRP

It's a PDF file and it's pretty short. Just perform the ritual once every night before you go to bed and it should stop the attacks. It purifies the area and gives a nice boost to your power, so even if an entity somehow manages to cross the barrier (which is highly unlikely), it will be greatly weakened and shouldn't pose much of a threat in your dreams.

They're intruding on your personal space. Burn their @sses! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flame.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lightning.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kin234
post Jul 23 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Cool, thanks for that Slayden (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm usually pretty good with fighting in dreams, most of the time i don't even bother, just let their attack go straight through me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) but im assuming the energy ball from your stomach is one that would work in reality.

What about shields? how do they work? When i hear someone talk about using a shield i always think "how could you possibly have a shield around you all the time? you would have to constantly be visualising it and have that as a thought in your mind all the time..."

also, are there any physical objects which offer protection?

--------------------
Klaatu Barada Nikto
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Jul 26 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Ah. Psi-shields are a little different. They offer all-around protection against numerous things, and it is a good idea to have one (or a few), but you have to be somewhat proficient in psionics to do it. I can't help you much there though, as I'm not proficient in it (I'm more into Ceremonial Magick at the moment). Once psi-shields are set up, you don't have to think about it though. Psi-shields are a kind of "auric armor" in which you redirect some of your energy into a kind of "hardend" astral plating to protect yourself from spiritual attacks, whether from entities or psychic attacks from other people.

The other thing is talismans. You can make one by writing God names, names of angels, etc. on paper and blessing it. You can also buy a dreamcatcher and hang it near you bed and it is supposed to filter out bad dreams, but I don't have any personal experience with dreamcatchers.

This post has been edited by Slayden: Jul 26 2007, 12:58 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4symbols
post Aug 17 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

The best method of defence it forming in own consciousness(into lucid dream) of position of absolutely passionless observer. As a rule it helps in most similar situations. Efficiency of method is maximal as compared to any actions, undertaken not in one's the dreams.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Nov 25 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kin234 @ Jul 23 2007, 03:20 PM) *
Normally this would be a good thing, but the last few nights i've been battling it out against demons, evil spirits, etc. Luckily for me, I know how to force myself awake, but as soon as i fall asleep again I find myself in the same situation. I've been trying everything to fend them off but nothing seems to be working.

I used to experience nightmares (particularly about the Greys) and feelings of presences in the room on trying to wake up on a fairly regular basis, more or less entirely throughout my adolescence and aftwarward. It got so bad in the end that it was actually the main reason why I became nocturnal, simply because for a while the only remedy I had was to wait until sunrise before being able to sleep without attack.

It is also my experience, sadly, that this is at least one instance where Jesus Christ will not help you.

With that said, I've recently found a number of things that do help. First of all, get some sandalwood or dragon's blood incense. In my experience, burning that alone will very often act as a barrier, even if you don't follow it up with anything else. If you do want to do more however, without meaning to sound deliberately evangelical, I would also suggest a prayer to either Raksha Kali, (Kali in her aspect as the Protectress) or Thor of the Aesir (Norse pantheon) for assistance, as these are two god forms who *will* answer prayers for assistance in such scenarios in my own experience. Sandalwood incense is one of Kali's offerings, and so in addition to its' innate protective elements against spirits, it may also assist in encouraging her to protect you.

If you are open to researching Chaos Magick, I would also recommend learning how to frame a sigil-based blessing and protection spell; sadly I do not have a scanner, or I would offer you the formula I have used. As yet another line of defense which I have seen used if you are open to it, would be the creation and development of a defensively oriented (guardian) servitor, as even at low levels in their development they can be of great assistance in disrupting basic spirits.

If you are Christian, at the risk of sounding confrontational, I would also strongly recommend finding and establishing a relationship with a deity that has a more consistent tendency to answer prayer...my own knowledge in this area is admittedly limited, but from what I have already seen, there apparently exist a large number of lesser-known deities who would be more than happy to offer you protection in exchange for a relationship/worship.

As irreverent as this may sound, my own perspective on god forms has recently become one in which, if the deity you normally deal with is not providing you with what you need, then you owe it to yourself to find one that will, since I've also seen evidence that more active gods genuinely do exist. I've also come to believe that god forms want worshippers; they want energy, they want attention, they want remembrance, and they want love.

If you do leave the god you currently focus on, it is a loss (however small, depending on their overall body of worshippers) for them, and a gain for whichever other deity you decide to focus on next. Thus, they have an incentive to help you, at least with some things. Assistance with spiritual protection, in my own mind, is one of said things. This is not to say that I recommend a disrespectful or demanding attitude when requesting their assistance, at all...but it does mean that I recommend seeking a deity who is actually willing to do something in order to keep you as a worshipper. As with earthly things, the Christian spiritual monopoly in this regard has not been a positive thing; competition is good.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

telempath
post Nov 25 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kin234 @ Jul 22 2007, 11:20 PM) *
Here is what i've tried so far:
-sending love, picturing things that make me happy and saying to them "I forgive you and god loves you"
-calling out for god's help, and help from Jesus Christ
-Visualising myself being filled and surrounded by white light, I also tried other colours of light.

I hate to say it, but none of these new agey techniques seem to work. Is there anyone out there who has a real technique that works? do i need to fight fire with fire?

These dreams seem to be getting more intense, the last one they started "charging up" and throwing fireballs at me, it was like their body started glowing bright red and then fireballs would shoot out from their hands. Even if these are just dreams, and I am not some place in between, I would still like to know at least one or two ways of defending myself for future reference.

Sending love and energy and the whole I forgive you thing makes them laugh or they get pissed. Control your and force them out or kick their butt. I turn into a gigantic dragon and rip their heads off and make the landscape around them change and turn against them. I like turning into one of those old fashioned wizard type guys that shoot lightening bolts out of their hands (I play to many video games). It is your dream so it is your world.

Shielding. Shield your mind from them so they can not enter your mind and dreams. Things that come into my dreams get rude awakening. It you are a lucid dreamer, you should be able to control yourself or the dream. In the dream you can think or be anything. I got over nightmares using lucid dreaming.

I used to have bad dreams about Freddy and Jason as a kid. I summoned wolverine to kick Jason's butt and I turned into a robotic cyber man with heat seeking missiles and blew up Freddy's butt.

Oh and you could be in what I called, the dream scape of the astral plane. You can say it is a place where people who are astral projecting while sleeping create with their dreams. Each dream creates a sphere in the astral world. These are like mini worlds. That is how some forms of dream walking occur. The person just astrals into the sphere.

QUOTE(Kin234 @ Jul 23 2007, 07:45 AM) *
Cool, thanks for that Slayden (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm usually pretty good with fighting in dreams, most of the time i don't even bother, just let their attack go straight through me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) but im assuming the energy ball from your stomach is one that would work in reality.

What about shields? how do they work? When i hear someone talk about using a shield i always think "how could you possibly have a shield around you all the time? you would have to constantly be visualising it and have that as a thought in your mind all the time..."

also, are there any physical objects which offer protection?

It depends. Most psions develope natural shields that normally arise from the subconscious. It is an automatic thing that springs forth from the mind. I have natural shields that sometimes get stronger when I am not meaning to (they have a stealthing or distorting or masking affect). I am sleepy right now. I will have to add more details latter. You can pretty much create a shield that stays without you focusing and is a natural strengthening of your energy or is a shield that draws energy from whatever source keeping it in tact. Most empaths and telepaths have shields up 24/7 that are there on their own. If they come down, they go nuts. You DO NOT want to see one whose shields have been shredded.

This post has been edited by telempath: Nov 25 2007, 02:15 PM

+Quote Post

Lucian
post Dec 7 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ave

Cutting to the chase: Use shielding techniques (psi, western ceremonial, etc.) and in the dream, form for yourself a weapon of authority (this is done instantly, my personal favorite was the etheric copy of a short staff that I used in shamanic practices) you can use this to defend yourself as well as command spirits to sumbit or to exorcise them from your area. Since the arena of magical combat necessitates instant techniques, this solar banishing wavel(post #4) will be most effective in such spirit combat.

Deo Duce Comite Ferro

This post has been edited by Lucian: Dec 7 2007, 05:54 PM

--------------------
Procul Este Profani!

+Quote Post

altpath
post Dec 8 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

Kin234,
those are bad attacks being sent to you by someone or something that really doesn't like you. Whenever you're in a dream that is extremely lucid, you have a spirit nearby and it's affecting your consciousness while in a dream state. This has happened to me, both by being attacked by a daemon, and by being helped by one. So really, it's something to take seriously if something bad is happening in the dreams.

I don't think anybody has mentioned it, but I will: Call on a powerful spirit to aid you in protection when this sort of thing happens! Call on Michael, or Horus, or any number of other great solar beings. They're very kickass, and definately do come to ones aid when needed.

You can try salt baths and burning plenty of frankincense around your bedroom. That will help protect you, and also provide a comfortable place for a solar entity to come to your aid.

And last but not least, pray to your HGA. Enter a trance state and try to contact it for protection. More often than not though, calling on a solar entity and burning frankincense is enough.

--------------------
www.occult-desires.com/english/
Lust/Love, Money, Healing, Divinations - SpellWork with Daemonic Aid

www.occult-desires.com/espanol/
Ahora disponible en Español, con servicios mas baratos para los Mexicanos.

+Quote Post

azareth
post Jul 6 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

I used to have this problem a while ago, and it got worse as i was conscious but my body is tied.it has ended now.Try one of these:
-visualization plus vibrating sacred names while in sleep phase, all happens on the mental level. it seems to work,
-you can also call on the archangels or make a protecting servitor that would protect you when you need it.
-Mega salt baths along with garlic at the windows and prayers.

-I also heard of a spirit called wodjidge, he is known for protection against evil spirits, he is the spirit of comets.
Summon him if you will. Calling the God horus is effective against demons and forces of darkness.

-MP ritual or LBRP
-Fight fire with fire is also a good option vibrate sacred names and form them out of your chakras into a fire ball or light ball,then shoot it at the bastards.
happy demon blasting... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by azareth: Jul 6 2008, 01:18 AM

+Quote Post

Krell
post Jul 6 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have to throw in with Vagrant Dreamer. Everything is a projection from with in. It is not how we perceive it, and every time it I am reminded of that part of me say "NO, look around its real". So, I guess you could say we are IN the Ultimate Lucid Dream. I do know maybe the most important advice he gives is Stand You Ground.

Since I seem to be inept at Lucid Dreaming, I do not know the rules there. I would imagine the LBRP should help. At any rate Lucid Dreaming/astral projection as soon as I am aware I snap back wide a wake feeling very weird. I at one point got frustrated and demanded of myself a very noticable sign I was in an LD. The next time I found myself sitting on the edge of my bed. I was trying to figure out why I was sitting there, didn't have to go. Maybe I'm thirsty, I then noticed there was a hair in the center of my tongue. It was a real irritation finally I reached up to pull it off, I picked it up and it hurt the hair was attached. I played with it for a while thinking this is really going to hurt. Then it dawned on me hair doesn't grow on the tongue, I woke. Now I have the hair but when I realize it a dream I wake. Even when a friend comes an gets me and we project some where, she has to pull me out,as soon she lets go of me I snap back.

Sorry about that I tend to ramble.
Back to the subject:
As you see not much experience here. So, what would I do if I couldn't resolve the problem myself... call a shaman, If they are entities then he/she can more then likely deal with it. At any rate it doesn't hurt to ask and give it a try. As you know sometimes the magick works and sometimes it doesn't.

Krell

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Aug 9 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #15

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

A friend of mine currently are spiritually attacked continuously for weeks and probably months. I was told that a local shaman priest has lifted a rusty nail from her back allegedly planted by her attacker and she was continuously ill on and off during the attacks. Doctors cannot find anything physically wrong. Cleansing, prayers, rituals and basic psychic protection has been done in accordance to her religion, however, although her condition has improved than before, she is still having nightmares occasionally with snakes (indication of astral attack) which hint that she is not "safe" yet. So she'll need something stronger than what's been done to fence herself in and I need some more suggestion of other psychic barrier methods that could help.

I cannot teach her a christian based ritual like MP or LBRP due to her religion (muslim), but I did taught her 4 x 4 breathing and tower of light visualization exercise. I am also about to teach her to do 30 minutes asana primarily to strengthen her will and self discipline soon. Haven't tried anything else yet. Anyone have more suggestion?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Krell
post Aug 12 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

The rusty nail makes sense. Perhaps there are other implants, did she she have the shaman take another look? Some times they need to go back a few times.
Pore Breathing would probably help breathing in white light or some sort of visualization which would be protection to her. Has she tried ziker? If she is Muslim it is one way that the sufis would probably go about it.

Ziker is done sitting in saza (sp), sitting with legs folded under you. not in the lotus or 1/2 lotus. You start by looking over the right shoulder, viz light from Allah coming in the top of the head as you say the ziker you rock forward to the left, the light flowing from the 3rd eye into the left hand. Rocking back and forth saying the ziker.

There are 99 names I have selected a few that might work. These are very powerful, and with in her religion, she will also feel she is doing something.

Al-Kiwi - the most strong- YAH-KIWI is the saker
He who can not defeat his enemy, and repeats this name with the intention of not being harmed, will be free from the enemy's harm.

AR-Raqib - He who observes all creatures, and every action is under His control - saker YAH-Raqib He who repeats this name seven times, his family and property, all will be under Allah's protection.

Al-Muzzle He who lowers and puts one in abasement and degradation - ziker- YAH-Muzzle - He Who repeats this name 75 times will ben free from harm by those who are jealous of him and wish to harm him. Allah will protect him.

Al-Mu'min the Guardian of faith. Ziker - Ya-Mu'min He who repeats this name will be free from harm.

Al-NAFi -The Propitous - Ziker - Ya-NAFi He who repeats this Name for four days as many times as he can, no harm will come to him.

These 5 seem to fit the occasion best. I suggest these as they are in line with her tradition. They can be very powerful. Pore Breathing with intention is also good I think. Visualize white light on the in breath out a mirrored egg 3 or 4 feet out from the body is a suggestion that comes to mind. I would have a shaman go back in if they found one thing there are probably 2 more. Just my guess here. You could ask the shaman to see if he could find a spirit to help with the problem. My Mother got into a spat with a woman over a car accident. The woman was hitting her with the eye. Mom started having problems and dreams of her death. I asked my guides to find a sprit to help, they did and he put an end to it. However the insertion is a concern as there may be more, I think that possiblity should be investigated.

I try not to get involved in these things so I have little experience but that is how I might go about putting an end to the problem. In the least the Ziker would be of great psycological value.

Krell

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Aug 12 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

I believe that those are external entities attacking Kin234. Dreams are one method of entity contact. Some believe that the dream state is a portal/link to the astral . . .

+Quote Post

eternal ginja
post Sep 17 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

i have to agree with krell and vagrant. internal conflict is usually held at bay by the subconscious. dreams are a great form of overcoming these things you don't deal with. there was a girl i knew when i was little that would convulse in her sleep and her parents didn't know what was wrong with her. later on it was found that when she went to a head doctor that she was suffering from her parent fighting. the parents were thinking about getting a divorce but soon tried to make thing work out for their daughters well being. it didn't and they still got a divorce but the convulsions stopped and the internal conflict soon seemed to disapate cuz she was happier than i had seen her in a while.

maybe your dealing with something that is really hard to let go of from your past that in your dreams you feel as nothing more than the unknown. whenever we exp. this feeling we panic because it is outside the realms of our comfort. maybe this in your dreams is being projected as nothing more than your own "inner demons" which you consider an attack. you could just be exp. an active imagination that is turning into a problem you need to deal with linked to your past. i suggest the next time you have these dreams log them in a journal. look at it after a week and see if you can find some corrolation between them and something that could be bothering you.

there is a saying about looking for every possible solution before going to the unexplainable. maybe you should meditate on these dreams and see if they are indeed related to a memory or feeling that makes you remember something from your past. does that make any sense?

peace and love and may you find your path and be at peace with it my brothers and sisters
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/connie_mini_oldman.gif)

--------------------
smile kid it could be worse

squee's so sad

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Feb 17 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ok there arent enough symptoms to suggest that a being is terrorising you through your dreams(since my dreams are quite often dark and scary places for the usual fluffy audiance out there heh) but because you dont get any dreams of a calmer nature it fits a pattern that could imply that an entity might be involved(feeding on your fear which is not established in your post other then a minor disturbance to your sleep).

I will ask you some questions just to make sure and write down some possible solutions(in case you dont answer or it might be the case, so you can get rid of it sooner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) ). Do you get sleep paralisis? and when that happans do you see a figure that invokes terror or panic in you that lies on top of you or is phisicaly close by interacting or touching you, possibly telling you some disturbing things? Do you find it harder to will yourself to wake up while having these dreams then before(before they started)? Do you feel unpleasent and possibly unsafe when you are alone in your room(area where you sleep)? Right before you fall asleep, while laying in bed, do you feel an unpleasent presence in some corner of your room?

These are the general questions in such situations. Bare with me. If you answered yes to all or some of these, then it is possible that you are being drained and put in negetive emotional situations while asleep by an entity. If you are able to i would like you to "scan" your room and establish which corner(or wall) gives you that same negetive feeling you get when you go to sleep. Then i would like you to "purify" it(if you know how to use your energy in such a mannor) by giving your energy the instructions of erasing any intent or information from the energy it comes in contact with(other then your own) and that way breaking the entity and its nest apart. These entities are pesky at best but can be a nuisence. They nest in victims rooms or houses, usualy close by to the bed and when you go to sleep they "visit". Because when we are asleep we are vulnerable and anything they manifest energeticaly within your mind seems "real". To cut things short its very common and its easy for them to get a sense of terror and helplessness and fear out of you to feed on. They usualy stay for a while(depending how cooperative you are and whether or not your still as "afraid" as you were when the process started) untill they move on to the next person, either a familly memmber or someone random close by.

If its not infact an entity infestation problem, then i have this advice to give. Its not enough to dream lucidely. Because your subconcious has these "themes" for your dreams(that can last days or weeks or years if needed) depending on whats going on with you and your life. As a lucid dreamer you get the oppertunity to expirience and remmember those dreams fully(or to some extent) while making concious choices regarding whats going on or when to wake up... but it still requires a degree of will and knowing you are the master of your own mind to negate and disrupt the unpleasent themes which occure from time to time(for some more often then others). I would work on being more confident in myself rather then seeking "god" to help me, that has nothing to do with your inner world and still leaves your subconcious the option of either acting on your faith or disregarding it. Just so you know.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by Shimi: Feb 17 2010, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post

Moonchilde
post Feb 18 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #20

Initiate
Group Icon

First, I must say that I am not entirely convinced that external non-corporeal entities exist. (Well, sometimes I am not convinced that *you* exist, either!) Sentient Powers, let's say. Yet for the most part, I act as if I do.

This is because I have learned that acting so tends to produce better results when dealing with energies congruent to the domain of a selected pattern. I could also frame this model such that I was creating the changes through my deep consciousness (and quite solipsistic). Both appear equivalent while inside our reality and only taking a peek form the outside will let you gnow which is which.

Since I also know I can create (consciously or not) seemingly independent 'entities' from my internal problems or from projected Will, I must at least assume that other people can do the same, and that their energies can also affect me.

So, the first part is - - Where is the source? (internal?, external?) What is attracting it/causing it to arise? What is it's purpose or intent?

All your troubles are not necessarily your own. I believe that's the equivalent of telling someone that "they asked for it" if they get mugged walking alone at night. Yes, certainly their choices were a factor, but the choices of the other entity involved is a bigger one. Yes, not all activity has an external focus.

However, In my opinion and based on my experiences, I would have to say that there are implacable enemies of the Light (if entities exist). Does this mean I have spots of darkness within myself? You bet. That's what half of learning about yourself is about.

I would agree with some of the other posters in that you may also through your own actions or thoughts be either acting as a lightning rod or weakening the barrier between yourself and these forces, and you should look to that as well.

What you need to do depends on the analysis of what is happening. For example it's really not appropriate to rip the head off of your muse just because she looks scary, but may be entirely appropriate to incinerate a different being. However, if you don't learn what the deal is before doing either, be prepared for repeat performances until it sinks in.

Either way, the ultimate way out is to realize your power and either why you needn't be afraid (for internal conflicts, this is generally it) or *why* they cannot harm you. For external entities, Understanding and engage in a Reality where their actions are just invalid seems to key. For me it's generally that I have agreed with some type of premise that is not based on wisdom, an incorrect Understanding that when resolved, when I become wiser, dissipates my involvement with the Entity. That's probably not too clear. Ah well. It's as if someone who didn't understand gravity had to grab on to the planet to get around (and were always getting into fights when other people tried to 'push them of the planet'), while those that had that grounding understanding did just sat (letting they fight with Gravity) when others tried the same thing.

tl;dr: Bad entities exist outside of the human population, if any entities so exist (and even if they don't, humans create substitutes). One needs to figure out source and issues to resolve attacks and then take action.

namaste,

moonchilde

--------------------
The present post is very long, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter. (adapted from) Blaise Pascal

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Feb 19 2010, 08:31 AM
Post #21

Neophyte
Group Icon

this post originated some years ago so it would be interesting to know how and whether it was resolved. I strongly side with Vagrant Dreamer, Moonchilde, and the person who said this:

QUOTE(4symbols @ Aug 17 2007, 02:29 AM) *

The best method of defence it forming in own consciousness(into lucid dream) of position of absolutely passionless observer. As a rule it helps in most similar situations. Efficiency of method is maximal as compared to any actions, undertaken not in one's the dreams.

Lucid dreams that have to do with being attacked by supernatural-seeming creatures or (the modern version) by Greys in settings that may have a gloomy darkness in familiar surroundings and may include loud, startling noises and very tactile sensations are forms of sleep paralysis. On bad nights, you can seem to wake up and then fall back into the same dream repeatedly. These kinds of dreams often begin during adolescence and increase in frequency in young adulthood and then lessen in frequency as you age. I use to be visited by a sticky black demonic creature several times a week when I was about 15 and into my 20s. Now I may experience a sleep paralysis episode maybe twice a year at most.

People go through all kinds of convolutions to figure how to make the dreams stop that have to do with prayer, performing certain protective rituals, etc. I would not say that there is no value in these things. I would say that people act in such symbolic --rather than frontal brain--ways to more effectively modify the deep consciousness where all this ca-ca germinates.

But I think to really get the upper hand with this phenomenon, you need to stop feeding it. Belief in it as an indepenedent "thing" assailing you builds and feeds it. Dependency on some outside agent/third party to protect you against "it" also feeds it and the strategy does fail in time (so it doesn't matter whether you pray to Jesus or Odin or Kali or this or that Solomonic entity whoever to rescue you. After a short time, you will not get the desired response.) If you keep feeding it, you build thought-forms and egregores and then your mysterious supernatural problem can become other people's as well by psychic infection and projection. " Belief is a tool." Use it as a tool instead of a back-firing rifle.

In my experience, you can overcome this phenomenon if
1. a rational, mechanistic explanation for what is happening (even if it "really is" "supernatural") can be adopted.
2. In the dream state, the negative imagery is confronted as troubled --or often gate-keeping--aspects of your own consciousness. We do create phantoms and "scary" or obsessing thoughts to shield us from what is really at the root of problems within consciousnessness. Recognize this.
3. In the dream state, as suggested, cultvate fully lucid consciousness and take the form of a passive observer. Decide to "not play." I have also found that this is the best defense against these kinds of experiences and the easiest way to wake up from them.
4. Get your emotional life in order. Practice mindfulness and relaxation techniques and cathartic as well as endorphin-releasing forms of meditation and exercise. Do breathing exercises, especially left nostril breathing, in moderation before sleep. And be aware of sleeping patterns. Eating and drinking certain things before sleep or oversleeping or forced sleeping or hormonal cycles, sleep position, or the ventiliation or air quality in a room will all affect REM sleep. And in the not-to-common instance of having very vivid violent dreams that are then acted out in sleep through sleepwalking or thrashing around while asleep--that person needs to get to a neurologist because that has much less to do with being assailed by demons, etc, and much more to do with seriously disordered sleep-wake cycle brain chemistry. It is much more common in older persons, usually men.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

anatole
post May 25 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #22

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

i did not finished reading all the posts, i stopped in one where the guy dreamed about greys etc.
for my experience, i have had a few dreams a few months ago about aliens, they are scary and in one of the dreams they abducted me and inserted something like a plaque of metal so they can see where i go etc. everytime i'va had these dreams i spend the whole day feeling kinda scared.
also, i have a problem, a few ppl i trust that are very psychic and know a lot about a lot stuff have told me that i attract other people's bad energy sort of as a sponge. one of them told me to use amethyst stone and carry one with me all the time because these stones protect from bad energies. i bought one but im not really sure that is working right. i still feel how i absorb the energies of other ppl around me. i am very very sensitive and im becoming even more.
also, i can totally tell when someone desires me or is thinking about me or wants to do something with me. when i feel these things like someone desires me or wants to do something i see these things in my mind as if i am the one who is thinking about them, but its not me, it is what i perceive from the other ppl. have any of you guys experienced this? also, with certain ppl i have a very strong connection, such as a cousin of mine. i have had dreams in which she appears to be going through something bad and when i wake up and call her she tells me that my dreams is true. this has happened a few times already, and one time she was the one who called me after i woke up. me and her have a very strong connection.

anyway, i just wanted to share some of the weird things or my psychic experiences sort of speak and ask if any of you know how can i protect myself from absorbing the bad energy around me as it really bothers me.

im glad i joined this site because in my everyday life i do not have ppl near me that are interested in magic and other topics discussed here. the very few friends i have dont live in this country which makes it difficult for me to interact with them and exchange opinions every time i want.

hope that someone can help me with what i ask.

thank you!

+Quote Post

Slyphhur
post May 26 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #23

Neophyte
Group Icon

If you really want to fight them then you are going to have to get creative, if you are a lucid dreamer then it should (maybe not but it should) be easier for you to control energy. If you think about it you can do pretty much anything in your dreams and do the same with energy. Make energetic weapons by willing the energy to condense into a certain shape, attack these elemental entities with their polar element or shoot pure balls of white light at them, if they are demons then light/holy (whatever you wan to call it) energy might be quite effective. Also as for sheilding http://www.kheperu.org/energy/energy5.html Here is a good topic, you should look into buying the Psychic Vampire Codex by Michelle Belanger. Although it is mainly for vampires and there are very useful techniques that anyone can use. Hope this was a helpfull input.

Good Luck ^^

--------------------
Reality is but a perception made up by fools and liars

+Quote Post

Fr. 0
post Jun 18 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #24

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I have to agree with Vagrant Dreamer on this. It may be an external attack or an internal one. But if you are internally balanced then they will have a harder time finding a foot hold, or if it's purely internal it will just go away.

If it's external the entity may be having a hard time communicating with you and that may be making it aggressive. I believe that is why the some grimoires command entities to take on a pleasing from. And think about it if a child has trouble communicating, they will tend toward resorting to violence. You control your dreams you can make demands on the aggresive entities, you can even imagine them being changed or bond. Heck imagine the ground forming hands and grbbing them and holding them.

Also to go back to the first point, in AC's book Moonchilde the hero's teacher who could have easily blasted or reflected the attacking demons back or summoned something to attack their assailants simply absorbed them like a T cell eating a virus. He did this because he was internally balanced and suffered no ill effects. If their is an entity trying to communicate with you it would behove you to find out what they want by questioning it. At least then you'll know for a fact whether you should go on the warpath. You may find out that what you thought was fireballs are just messages missinterpreted. After all the electrons that transmit this probably look like fireballs from the right perspective.

Just my $32.50 = 2 cents adjusted for inflation.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse