Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Member Profiles, Getting to know YOU...
Heathen
post Jun 20 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #121

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Ceremonial magick

Other paths of interest: shamanism (a little bit)

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I use self-made runes from time to time

Do you have psychic talents? Male intuition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+===+

Favorite poet: If I'm to pick someone that would be A. Mickiewicz (a Polish-Lithuanian poet) but generally I'm not particularily keen on poetry...

Favorite musical artist or band: Children of Bodom or Jefferson Airplane... depends on the mood (and yes, they play(ed) absolutely different music)

Favorite book/s: "Flow my tears, the policeman said" or anything else by Philip K. Dick

Favorite film/s: "Memento", "Butterfly effect", "Fight Club"

Favorite quote: "Great men think alike" - I use it when I agree with someone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Favorite television show: I hardly ever watch TV, but I do watch the Simpsons and some Discovery Channel programmes

Do you have any hobbies? Reading, writing short stories, film-making (they're absolutely amatour films, but still it's fun)

Anything else you wanna tell us? can't think of anything to say right now

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound :)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Velarius
post Jun 24 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #122

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Various Eastern Energy Meditations including work with the Chakra, Chaos Magick, Sorcery, Hermetic, a little bit of Left Hand Path Magick.

Other paths of interest: Ceremonial, Enochian

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Yes. I use the I ching and i work with my dreams.

Do you have psychic talents? Yes my intuition will often warn me when my loved ones are in danger and of other things of interest. I am currently working to refine these skills more.

+===+

Favorite poet: Robert Frost, Wilfred Owen, Edgar Allen Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: Metallica, Linkin Park, many many others.

Favorite book/s: The Celestine Prophecy series, Tao Te Ching, Hua Hu Ching, The Four Agreements

Favorite film/s: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Fight Club

Favorite quote: "Who I am is not the question. Those are titles, words you cling to as the darkness falls around you. "Sith" is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am. It is not what I believe. For you … it is different."
―Kreia (Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic)

Favorite television show: None Currently

Do you have any hobbies? Reading, especially about sprituality or history. Soon Aikido and Reiki.

Anything else you wanna tell us?
i know that i may use star wars to talk about my beliefs but above all do not confuse me with an RPG player, i am a serious magickian.
[/quote]

--------------------
In the end we belong to both the light and the darkness ... and in some ways ... to neither

Velarius - Wizard, Mystic, and Spiritualist

+Quote Post

Krell
post Jun 27 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #123

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Started in this metaphysical stuff at birth (probably before), used/misused power till about 16, started reading about it at 12, first offical teacher at 19 (psychic stuff lot of fun), formal BTWT teacher at 22, 4th way at 24 - 38, picked back up with the BTWT 1981-85, Native American studies at 41 named at 44 Phantom Crow Orical, Shamanism at 54 which is on going. Also for the last 12 yrs worked with Max the Crystal Skull (pics in Gallery) which has been amazing. My teachers were serious and very difficult but sticking it out was amazing, they were the real deal.

Other paths of interest: Hermetrics, astral travel, Lucid dreaming, the latter 2 I have staying out problems, beginning to think I abused the abilities in another life and set it up so I couldn't this time around.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: yes but not seriously. I did a lot of tarot until friends were living off it. Runes are my Favorite. Shamanic divination also.

Do you have psychic talents? Yes as my mother's side is Streghe it was encourages never suppressed. One can get a lot from their DNA

+===+

Favorite poet: varies on Mood

Favorite musical artist or band: Many from Techno to Classical but I have been leaning toward the more mellow stuff. Meditation type music such as el-HARDA

Favorite book/s: Well I have been trying to recreate the akashic records at home I have nearly 1000 books from present to 1600s. Lord of the Rings, Secrets of Dr. Tavener, into F. Bardon at present. Light reading occult thrillers, Black projects, Si-Fi.

Favorite film/s: Being There, Sneakers, Celestine Prophecy, Lathe of Heaven, Atom to Cosmos, Head (Monkees Movie yes they did a movie) Waking Life, LOTR,
Paycheck

Favorite quote: If 3 would keep a secret 2 must be dead - Ben Franklin

Favorite television show: Hands down Babylon 5, Followed by Battlestar Galactica (new version), Miami Vice Hey i'm an old fart

Do you have any hobbies? Collecting ancient esoteric objects, coins, silver smithing, magickal necklaceses, Travel, Cooking, Gardening, herbology, reading, radio, computers, black projects.

Anything else you wanna tell us? , Teaching in Holland for about 5 yrs. Shamanism, meditation exercises, etc. I make custom and generic necklaces of natural stone beads which I treat kind of like Herbology. Would like to expand teaching to Germany and other parts of Europe. Teach here in St. Pete. on and off. I also work shamanic healing in person and at a distance. My quirks I'm an ethics Nazi, definitely on the side if Light, I do find the gray and dark stuff amusing though, but at my age being beat up by Karma is not my thing. I follow ever coincidence I become aware of and see where it leads, life has become one magickal amusement park. Oh, I am retired. Also a reverend and a DD.

+Quote Post

Neshamah
post Aug 9 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #124

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: RHP Hermeticism (Holy Order of MANS); Golden Dawn (twice); OSDL (Seer); AMORC (past, and presently).
Other paths of interest: Qabalah - Kabbalah; Tarot; Astrology; Enochiana; Theosophy; Alternative History; some others.
Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot.
Do you have psychic talents? Clairvoyance; Astral Travel; Spiritual Travel; and a few others.
+===+
Favorite poet:
W.B. Yeats
Favorite musical artist or band: Led Zeppelin; NIN; Rage Against the Machine, and a few others.
Favorite book/s: The Illuminatus Trilogy, by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.
Favorite film/s: The Matrix
Favorite quote: "I am the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every star. I am Life, and the giver of Life, yet therefore the knowledge of me is the knowledge of death" (Liber AL Legis II:6)
Favorite television show: none
Do you have any hobbies? Computer Games; Movies; Reading.
Anything else you wanna tell us? I am an ordained priest (Lutheran) with a Masters in Theology.

I used to run a site called "Mages of Qablah." Before that, I was known as White Dragon, in many occult circles.

Peace Profound to All,

Neshamah

--------------------

Neshamah, F.'.R.'.C.'.

IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post

wise sage
post Sep 1 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #125

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice:
Necromancy, ceremonial magic, goetia

Other paths of interest:
Golden dawn

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?:
Plan to in the future

Do you have psychic talents?
working progress

Favorite poet:
King David from the bible(Psalms)

Favorite musical artist or band:
Steve Grace

Favorite book/s:
Grimoires, fantasy,crime

Favorite film/s:
Action,fantasy

Favorite quote:
love reading the proverbs of the bible

Favorite television show:
Underbelly

Do you have any hobbies?
anything outdoors and martial arts

Im an Australian

+Quote Post

AngelOfDeath83
post Sep 17 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #126

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Shamanism, Witchcraft, Wicca, Necromancy, Chaos.

Other paths of interest: Any really...I want to learn all I can.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot.

Do you have psychic talents? I seem to have a unique link to ghosts. I can sense emotions and thoughts of another.

+===+

Favorite poet: I don't really have just one I prefer. I love all poetry.

Favorite musical artist or band: The Misfits.

Favorite book/s: Any book on serial killers and the paranormal.

Favorite film/s: The Boondock Saints, But I'm A Cheerleader.

Favorite quote: Too many to think of and just pick one lol.

Favorite television show: Ghost Hunters, Psych, Monk.

Do you have any hobbies? Writing, learning new languages, playing music, reading.

Anything else you wanna tell us? I'll let you know lol.

+Quote Post

animapurasit
post Sep 27 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #127

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

============

Golden Dawn, Thelema, Zos Kis Cultus, LaVeyan Satanism, Hoodoo, Gardnerian/Alexandrian Wicca, Asatru, Voudon, The New Hermetics, TOPY (I'm a Chaos Magician)

Other paths of interest:

Yoga (hatha, raja, kundalini), Qi Gong, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Science, Quantum Physics, Psychology (like I said, I'm a Chaos Magician)

Tarot, Runes, I-Ching, Omens

Doesn't everybody?

+===+

Favorite poet:

Maybe Crowley, given the Holy Books of Thelema

It's a toss-up between Black Sabbath and the Ramones

Favorite book/s:

Anything by Aleister Crowley, anything by Lon Milo DuQuette, anything by Pete Carroll, Thee Grey Book, anything by Jason Newcomb, Guitar World magazine, Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee, Anything by Robert Anton Wilson

Favorite film/s:

The Exorcist, Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs, Grindhouse, Kill Bill, Fight Club, Seven, American Beauty, American History X, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The original Star Wars trilogy, The Harry Potter series, The Shawshank Redemption, Jacob's Ladder, The Green Mile, The Saw movies, The American Pie movies, The Decline of Western Civilization pts. 1 and 2, the Romero zombie movies (and the remakes), Rob Zombie's films, Bruce Lee's movies, 300, Kevin Smith's movies, Hated (A GG Allin Documentary)

Favorite quote:

"Magic is the Highest, most Absolute, and most Divine Knowledge of Natural Philosophy, advanced in its works and wonderful operations by a right understanding of the inward and occult virtue of things; so that true Agents being applied to proper Patients, strange and admirable effects will thereby be produced. Whence magicians are profound and diligent searchers into Nature; they, because of their skill, know how to anticipate an effect, the which to the vulgar shall seem to be a miracle." - The Goetia of the Lemegeton of King Solomon.

South Park, Drawn Together, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Dresden Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, The Shield, General Hospital, Spongebob Squarepants, The X-Files, The Ultimate Fighting Championship

Do you have any hobbies?

Music (I play Guitar), The Occult (I'm a published author), Body Modification, Conspiracy Theories, Tattoos

My name is Dave. I'm 36. I'm married (it's my second), and have a 15 yr. old daughter, a 5 yr. old step-daughter, a Boston Terrier named Floopy, and two cats. I live in Kentucky, and work at a steel factory.

Occultwise, I've been studying Magick in one form or another for the past twenty one years or so. I've been involved at one time or another, to a greater or lesser extent, with several different popular Occult organizations. I come from a Chaos Magick background.

I've fancied myself an Occult author from time to time. I've written articles here and there for chaosmagic.com's Konton magazine, Key23 and it's second generation offshoot key 64, Silver Star Journal and TOPY's website library, among others, under the name's Animapurasit and Coyote 433 (I'm a member of TOPY).

That's about it. Nice to meet you.

+Quote Post

davisxmonster
post Nov 1 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #128

Zelator
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: in the middle of learing

Other paths of interest:well, im pretty open, but ill prolly never go left hand.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: i know a bit of tarrot symbolism, but reading divinations with them is beyond me.

Do you have psychic talents? not too much

+===+

Favorite poet:Dante

Favorite musical artist or band: radiohead, red hot chili peppers, nine inch nails. etc etc

Favorite book/s: thats tough, get back to me

Favorite film/s: same as abpve

Favorite quote: "Favorite quote" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Favorite television show: wow, i still dont know

Do you have any hobbies? yes.

Anything else you wanna tell us? maybe.

+Quote Post

Harbinger
post Nov 6 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #129

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Mystic Christianity Judaism and Islam, Zionism, Merkabah, Kabbalah, Rosicrucianism, Golden Dawn, Paganism, Buddhism, Kundalini Tantra and Hatha Yogas, Freemasonry and Chivalry.

Other paths of interest:
The one under my feet

Not so much though if I do it is usually Tarot or Geomancy.

Healing

+===+

Favorite poet:
W.B. Yeats

My favorite music with a mystical aire would have to be Dead Can Dance, Niyaz and Arcana.

Favorite book/s:
Divine Pymander

Favorite film/s:
Spaghetti Westerns

Favorite quote:
Virtuus Junxit, Mors Non Separabit

Do you have any hobbies?
The creative arts

I Love You

--------------------
Momento Mori

+Quote Post

JoeFox
post Nov 11 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #130

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Norse/Heathen traditions (studied), rune magic (practice), Egyptian Magick Traditions (Studied), Modern divination techniques: tarot, rods, crystal (studied)

Other paths of interest:
(as much as i would hate to say it) Lower (instant) Magicks

Rune casting

Experienced minor dream visions on occasion, (un-controlled)

+===+

Favorite poet:
Ezra Pound, John Anthony Ciardi, T.S. Elliot

Various

Favorite book/s:
Anything H.P. Lovecraft, Starlight, Picking up the Runes

Favorite film/s:
Many

Favorite quote:
"we are the catalysts for our own changes"

Many

Do you have any hobbies?
Woodworking, picking up glass work and metal work

I am at the moment, doubting how much power many traditions hold due to personal experience, but i am very much willing and ready to be proven wrong. I'm hoping meeting people in a community like this will help me disprove my doubts and help solidify what i hope is true about magick.

--------------------
I am very much looking for guidance and resources, if you have anything that you think could help me in my journey, or could recommend me to something that has really helped yours please let me know. I am searching for the truth behind possibility.

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Nov 12 2008, 03:24 AM
Post #131

Zelator
Group Icon

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Hoodoo, Ceremonial, Shamanism, Chaos

Other paths of interest: Necromancy, Necronomicon, Sex Magic

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot, Pendulum (with stones, roots, and mojo bags)

Do you have psychic talents? No

+===+

Favorite poet:

Favorite book/s: The Da Vinci Code

Favorite film/s: The Ninth Gate

Favorite quote:

Favorite television show: Supernatural (the actors are mmmm sexy)

Do you have any hobbies? Writing Classical Music, Writing, Reading, Sleeping, Magic, Cooking, PS2, Wii, Computer Games, Hiking, Traveling, Men

Anything else you wanna tell us? No

+Quote Post

Jastiv
post Dec 23 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #132

Initiate
Group Icon

(chaos magic studied and practiced not anymore though, Golden Dawn is another one that doesn't seem to agree with me) (Satanism studied and practiced Thelema studied and practiced), I'm not a member of any orders right now though. Goetia (well, there were some negatives but it has been more good than bad, no I'm not a traditionalist, and given how magic seems to work for me, I doubt following anything to the letter would work)

Other paths of interest:
I've always been interested in other cultures and other paths, but as interesting and fun as some other things may seem, I always think about “practical magic for the westerner surrounded by a bunch of skeptics.”

Tarot

I tend to pick up a lot of emotions and stuff around me, sometimes I think its more of a pain than a talent.

+===+

Favorite poet:
In all honesty, I have not found any better poetry than what I have composed for myself, but I like reading a lot of amateur goth/emo poetry.
Subatomic Glue, Try^d
Favorite book/s: Magick Without Tears, Goetia ( or magic with tears lol)

Favorite film/s:
I'm not much of a movie person. I can't think of any flick I would enjoy seeing more than a couple times (some of them I wish I hadn't wasted the 2 hours or whatever to see once)
Favorite quote: “Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law, love is the law love under will.”

When I watched TV, I used to watch a lot of star trek (everything except enterprise) and Dark Shadows. I have not bothered since 2003 with any TV though.
Do you have any hobbies?
Drawing writing, baking ( I always worry the spirits will make me fat though with the stuff I bake) Computer games playing them and writing them(I like the old school 2d kind, game play is more important to me than fancy graphics although graphics are nice)

I had to register twice here. The first time I wasn't allowed to post anything, so I had to reapply. I consider myself to be very persistent about getting what I want, even when other people want to tell me things like “thats impossible, or worse yet, “thats not realistic” I think it is harder for someone who is a first generation magic practitioner like myself than someone who has had it in their family for years. Fortunately, with the explosion of new occult books/paths, and teenagers who find magic now, I know I am not alone in this.

+Quote Post

Ena
post Jan 3 2009, 05:45 AM
Post #133

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: only theory of entities and invocation, little of ceremonial magic

Other paths of interest: I Chiong, Tarot, Astrology, Mythology

[b]Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I Ching, Tarot, Astrology

Do you have psychic talents? extremely emphatic, sometimes see things and sentences that happens few seconds later

+===+

Favorite poet: dont`t like poetry

Favorite musical artist or band: `80., Tool (only 2 songs: Parabol and Lateralus), Nick Cave, Sarrah Brightmen etc.

Favorite book/s: domestic writer Mesha Selimovic - book. Dervish and death, K. G. Jung

Favorite film/s: Gone with the wind, Some like it hot, The Big Blue, Color Purple, Angel`s Heart, Natural born killers, Dance with the wolves

Favorite quote:" Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines...." (Complete Lateralus)

Favorite television show: can`t remember right now

Do you have any hobbies?
collecting semiprecious gemstones

Anything else you wanna tell us?[/b] no:)

+Quote Post

Kirie
post Jan 3 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #134

Neophyte
Group Icon

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I got into magick through Wicca, but that was only for a short while; I switch to Ceremonial Magick.

Other paths of interest: Psionics lately (is that even a path?) and kaos magick.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot. I want to learn pendulum too (that reminds me, I still need to buy that silver ring for this while the economy is still somewhat stable over here...)

Do you have psychic talents? I don't think so...

+===+

Favorite poet: Lucian Blaga, John Milton, Goethe.

Favorite musical artist or band: *thinks* I don't really pay attention to bands (just songs), but... well, japanese people. Kokia, Uverworld, L'Arc~en~Ciel. Where I don't understand the lyrics right away. I also like classical music, like Beethoven or Schubert.

Favorite book/s: American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Discworld by Terry Pratchett.

Favorite film/s: The King and the Clown, Lord of the Rings, City of Angels / Spirited Away, The End of Evangelion, The Dog of the Flanders (1999).

Favorite quote: "One fatal tree there stands of Knowledge called, Forbidden them to taste: Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious, reasonless. Why should their Lord Envy them that? Can it be sin to know, Can it be death? And do they only stand By ignorance, is that their happy state, The proof of their obedience and their faith?"

Favorite television show: non-anime, Torchwood. Escaflowne, The Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, Princess Tutu, Hinotori, Hikaru no Go.

Do you have any hobbies? aside from magick, I watch a lot of anime (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) and I study Physics, but I guess that's not a hobby. Sometimes I write or draw.

Anything else you wanna tell us? Nothing comes to mind.

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Jan 14 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #135

Zelator
Group Icon

Well, I've studied Santeria, Voodoo, Chaos Magick, Shamanism, Mediums.

Other paths of interest:

I've read about Santeria and Voodoo but I really didn't like the idea of working with the Loa so I just stick with the Native American entities that I enjoy spending time with though the Voodoo magick system is really good if you want to learn how to make deals with Gods, and other entities, also good for learning the basics of offerings and possessions.

Well, I can do Tarot and some Runes, smoke work, whatever, but my heart belongs to something called apantomancy. Apantomancy is usually used for reading the common objects at hand as they are, but I find it easiest to take whatever's around and throw them much like you would with runes. Cigarette butt, dead leaf, crushed beer can, small pebbles, a bird feather, etc. It's along the lines of Chaos magick, dirt cheap and simple to use.

One could find this question to be a "loaded" question because, "here's my chance at showing off my ego!" So I'll just say I have a mesh of talents that one could conceivably dub me a 'Shaman' if one so wished to do so.

+===+

Favorite poet:
Charles Bukowski is always a pretty good one.

Amon Tobin which is trance or electronica.

Favorite book/s:
Well on a Magic(k) forum I'll list my favorites in that sense: Urban Voodoo by S. Jason Black and, Christopher S. Hyatt. Prime Chaos by Phil Hine. Pacts with the Devil by Christopher S. Hyatt and S. Jason Black. Almost anything by Robert Anton Wilson.

I guess I'm in a temporal place where I'm wanting to experience magic rather than reading about it, so I've been reading Sci-fi instead (which one could consider the genera a magickal text as well).

Favorite film/s:
Fallen Angels by Wong Kar-Wai, Dark City, uhh right now I cant think of any others.

Favorite quote:
There are lots, my signature is one of them.

I don't watch it.

Do you have any hobbies?

I did Jewelry not long ago, I draw, I read, I do poetry, but not much else I guess.

Not especially.

This post has been edited by Dancing Coyote: Jan 14 2009, 07:18 PM

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

Darnás
post Jan 28 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #136

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Wiccan, astrology, thinking about shamanism

Other paths of interest:
Any really

Tarot, meditation

clairsentience

+===+

Favorite poet:
I have no favorite, but I love poems

Chris Brown, My Chemical Romance and a lot mroe

Favorite book/s:
To many to write

Favorite film/s:
In to the blue, Armageddon, Indepandence day

Favorite quote:
"Only a clumsy smith uses gloves"

Tough one... Don't know really

Do you have any hobbies?
Martial arts, reading, relaxing

I love talking with ppl, don't be afraid to send me a message

--------------------
The sun is my power, my everlasting energy source.
I can't live without it, will not leave it behind.
When the sun sets so will I, ready to raise aging in the morning.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

I am pure fire, carefull not to burn yourself

+Quote Post

Philalethes
post Feb 4 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #137

Initiate
Group Icon

G.D., Thelema.

Other paths of interest:
Qabalah, Raja Yoga, Hermeticism, Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry, Theosophy.

No, not yet. I have had a Thoth-Tarot deck for years, still have yet to put it to use.

Not that I am Aware of being able to use at my own volition.

Favorite poet: Marcus Aurelius

From Enigma to Daath. I like some of all, mainly music without words.

Favorite book/s:
The meaning of Masonry, the Cloud upon the Sanctuary, the Tree of Life, Raja Yoga,How to Know God/Patanjali, Magick , the G.D., The Kybalion, Mystical Qabalah and many more.

Favorite film/s:
Event horizon, Love and a 45, peaceful warrior, goodwill hunting, the Matrix, Baraka to name some.

Favorite quote:
Be the change you wish to see

Histories Mysteries

Do you have any hobbies?
Boxing/MMA, Painting/drawing

Greetings to all at Sacred Magick!

Peace

+Quote Post

Djinn Shiva
post Feb 4 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #138

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I don't confine myself to any sort of "path". I practice a unique, undefined magick.

Other paths of interest: Read above.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I use a pendulum and Ouija board. Planning on trying flame scrying in the near future.

Do you have psychic talents? I can read minds to a certain degree, I have prophetic dreams, and can listen to spirit conversations from time to time. Working on conversing back to them. All of them I cannot control, yet.

+===+

Favorite poet: Edgar Allan Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: Orange Range

Favorite book/s: None

Favorite film/s: Equilibrium, V for Vendetta, Grandma's Boy

Favorite quote: "Why so serious?" - The Joker

Favorite television show: True Blood

Do you have any hobbies? Playing video games, divining

Anything else you wanna tell us? If reaching perfection was as easy as following a predetermined path, everyone would have done it. Magick is magick, nothing more, nothing less. It's all about intent and willpower. Not titles. That is what I believe.

Hello everyone.

This post has been edited by Djinn Shiva: Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM

--------------------
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

+Quote Post

Wiggs1992
post Feb 21 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #139

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've been reading ModernMagick/TreeOfLife/InititationIntoHermetics as well as practicing what's inside them. I've studied a little of everything based on reading forums etc. But so far I have only practiced meditation/chaos/astral projection(whatever path that is =P) and ceremonial.

Other paths of interest:

I'm interested in all paths so far, however if it comes to demons and such I'd rather kick butt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sport_boxing.gif)

Messing with tarot

Not that I know of, other then occasional strange occurrences and desire to learn lol

+===+

Favorite poet:

I'm not sure

Ooh.. Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Three Days Grace, Silverstein, Escape the Fate, Story of the Year, Avenged Sevenfold, All that Remains, Inoue Joe.. several others aswell.

Favorite book/s:

Inheritance Series, Pendragon, Ranger's Apprentice, The Demonata, Cirque Du Freak. Also a lot more.

Favorite film/s:

Billy Madison, Jackass, anything deemed horror/comedy

Favorite quote:

Dunno

Family Guy, the MTV garbage, several shows shown on history/discovery channels, listless anime

Do you have any hobbies?

Play guitar, run track, play football, attend martial arts, read books, hang with friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'm motivated to learn as much as I can, PM's and advice is greatly appreciated!

--------------------
For every shadow there's light

+Quote Post

ShireWeegie
post Feb 22 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #140

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Chaos Magick, Druidry, Wicca

Other paths of interest: All religious paths, more from an academic interest than spiritual

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: No

Do you have psychic talents? No

+===+

Favorite poet: Robert Burns (country pride shining through)

Favorite musical artist or band: I have a few. Dog Fashion Disco, Rammstein and Atari Teenage Riot stand out. Stylisticly I like most incarnations of rock/metal/punk (except metalcore, emo etc. and generally more mainstream stuff - common as that must be) and a lot of electronica. I'm particularly fond of Celtic, German and Scandinavian folk metal as well as scottish folk music and industrial metal.

Favorite book/s: I read a lot of trivial non-fiction

Favorite film/s: Apocalypse Now, Schindlers List, Reservoir Dogs and Evil Dead 2 in no order

Favorite quote: "Buy the ticket, take the ride" - Hunter S. Thompson

Favorite television show: None in particular. Been working through the Buffy box set though.

Do you have any hobbies? Loads. I make music. I study parasitology (parasite biology) full time but it feels like a hobby. I play shinty - a really rough ancient celtic sport similar to hockey. I ride BMX.

Anything else you wanna tell us? I started off with wicca when I was twelve, although the rural christian upbringing I had was not unlike a pagan path! Although spirituality doesn't form a big part of my life it does help me get through each day. As my world has changed I moved around beliefs between wicca and druidry - different aspects spoke to me. I've largely been solitary so this was never a big deal.

+Quote Post

RutilusOculus
post Mar 11 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #141

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I have been interested in magick for years now, but just started practicing ceremonial magick, I have become extremely interested in chaos magick recently though and have been practicing ways to achieve gnosis and fire off sigils, now more often then the ceremonial

Other paths of interest: I am interested in herb magick and shamanism, and others

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I use the Thoth deck,

Do you have psychic talents?: Well i couldn't really tell you... I have had little glimpses in my head of people or things dieing and they did. Its only happened two times though.

Favorite poet:
Dont really care for poetry

Man so many.... Bob Marley, Beatles, System Of A Down, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, DETHKLOK, sublime, many more...

Favorite book/s:
Illuminates Trilogy, The Darth Bane SW books, Davinci Code, Angels and Demons, Watchers, DMK Modern Magick 11 lessons, and more

Favorite film/s:Scarface, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Godfather, Pineapple Express, Ironman, Dark Knight, Starwars(the old ones and the revenge of the sith), LOTR all 3, Grandmas Boy, Crash, lots more...

Favorite quote:
Actually... My favorite quote, (and this was even before I knew it was associated with chaos magick,) Is Everything is True Nothing is Permitted, or Nothing is True Everything is permitted....however you wanna say it, its the same.

Family Guy, Southpark, Simpsons, Boondocks, Mythbusters, Wipeout, Seinfeld, Breaking Bad, etc
Do you have any hobbies?

Do you have any hobbies?: Body surfing, Swimming, Video Games, Paintball, Growing plants, Guitar, and more

I'm basically a noob when it comes to actual practice, I have been reading and arm chairing it for a couple years, but only practicing for about a month, there are many things i still don't understand and i hope this to be a place to answer at least some of my questions.

--------------------
Tyler Durden: It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

+Quote Post

Naimi
post Apr 16 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #142

Neophyte
Group Icon

Past: “Country ” Wicca with the mixture of Christian Orthodox religion
Present: original Enochian

Other paths of interest:
Christian Orthodox religion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif)

TARO, Scrying

“Shifted” clairaudience
(Can hear what I want to hear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/help.gif) )

+===+

Favorite poet: Omar Khayyam

Favorite musical artist or band: folk group “Melnitsa”

Favorite book/s:
“Master I Margarita” (Bulgakov), “Sobache’ serdtse” ("Собачье сердце") (Bulgakov),
My own (very self-centered of me)

Favorite film/s: “Slugebny roman” ("СЛУЖЕБНЫЙ РОМАН"), “Flesh and blood”

Favorite quote:
If you cut my wings - I can use the broom

I am not watching TV

Do you have any hobbies?
Writing,
creating magical equipment from clay and wax as a gifts and for own use
Modelling miniatures;

Life is short.

--------------------
Если мне обломают крылья - я взлечу на метле.

+Quote Post

ShinobiBombay
post May 11 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #143

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(+ Kinjo - @ Sep 11 2006, 08:51 AM) *

Copy and paste is too much work. I will just quote.(if that is acceptable)
=============

I don't know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/juggle.gif) I'm very eclectic. I guess I would be best described as Catholic/Keltic/Santeria...

Other paths of interest;
whatever functions.Any thing I feel is of value

my own combination of Ogham/Orifa. Which I may or may not share. I don't use it very often anymore.

I knew you were gonna ask that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clown.gif) I am about as psychic as a rock

+===+

Favorite poet:
Jeff Foxworthy

The Beatles or Flogging Molly, Led Zepplin, DC Talk

Favorite book/s:
Bakunin-On Anarchy

Favorite film/s:
The Wicker Man(1973)anything with Jet Li in it-Shaw Bros. that sort of stuff

Favorite quote
ad hoc, ad loc, quid pro quo; so little time , so much to know-Jeremy Hillary Boob Phd.
:

I do not watch TV(really!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

Do you have any hobbies?
I play guitar, bass and drums. I have a very large garden

This is a very cool forum. I hope to learn something new. As I have said in previous introduction threads;( at the risk of pissing a lot of people off) I find most Occultist/pagan types to be pedantic dilettantes. I am saying anyone here is. Many of you can prolly relate!I went solitary a few years ago because of this. I started with a book called Mastering Witchcraft which my father had in 1978. Been through a lot. I know this stuff is real. Even though I am "officially" Catholic, I can never leave the path because ,...well,... it won't let me. I am sure many of you know what I mean.
Peace.

--------------------
When in doubt...smash something.

+Quote Post

white wizard
post May 23 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #144

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: mathemagics alchemy wizadry(made some realy nice renaissance clothing for a wizard)

Other paths of interest: pretty much any thing to do with magick

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: yes tarot runes and augury (ornithomancy)

Do you have psychic talents?i dont realy know maby i do?

+===+

Favorite poet: not into poetry much

Favorite musical artist or band: lots and lots and lots.....

Favorite book/s: i have so many probly the night angel trilogy by brent weeks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/book.gif)

Favorite film/s:cronicles of riddick

Favorite quote:i allways tell my self when a challenge comes along you'll never know if you dont try now because there is no promise of it happening again

Favorite television show: scrap heap challenge

Do you have any hobbies? i love to make and fix loads of things

+Quote Post

knotworker
post Jul 6 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #145

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: traditional witchcraft, some hoodoo, and now studying ceremonial magic mostly the goetia

Other paths of interest: enochian

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: cartomancy, and I have a leather mat I use which I throw sea urchin spines on and divine from that.

Do you have psychic talents? visions of deaths and some precognition

+===+

Favorite poet: Lewis Carroll

Favorite musical artist or band: n/a

Favorite book/s:The Mystic Mandrake by C.J.S.Thompson . . . Mostly anything he wrote actually

Favorite film/s: The original Wickerman, Sleepy Hollow

Favorite quote: Define life in five words: "yellow is an ugly color"

Favorite television show: . . .

Do you have any hobbies?I grow mandrakes and binding books with ribbed spines

Anything else you wanna tell us?I am not actually 41

+Quote Post

Hermetic668
post Jul 26 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #146

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Syncretic: Hermeticism, Ceremonial Magic, "Hedge Magic"/Folkways, Wicca

Other paths of interest: Goetia, Luciferian, Chaos, Thelema

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Scrying (mirrors), Augury (watching the birds go by), Oneiromancy (analysis of lucid dreams)

Do you have psychic talents? Second sight (consistent), Out-of-Body/Astral Projection (not consistent yet)

+===+

Favorite poet: Alfred Lord Tennyson and Walt Whitman

Favorite musical artist or band: L'Ham de Foc, Corvus Corax, Nightwish, Blue Oyster Cult, Rammstein, etc.

Favorite book/s: Too many to list

Favorite film/s: Too many to list

Favorite quote: "Ain't no pancake so thin it ain't got two sides."

Favorite television show: Prefer Discovery, Science Channel, History Channel, that sort of thing

Do you have any hobbies? Blacksmithing, woodworking, leather working, bagpiping

Anything else you wanna tell us? Married, employed professional (at least for the moment); basic view of the universe is based around Gnosticism and Esoteric Christianity

This post has been edited by Hermetic668: Jul 26 2009, 09:11 AM

--------------------
Fear not any man; fear not thineself; remember that fear is failure and the forerunner of failure. Be thou therefore without fear, for in the heart of the coward virtue abideth not.

+Quote Post

Lord_Vahn
post Aug 1 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #147

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(+ Kinjo - @ Sep 11 2006, 10:51 AM) *

Let's get to know you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Profiles only please or else it gets deleted.

Copy and paste this on your reply box and fill them up!

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Wicca, Kabahla, Necromancy, Candle Magick, Runes, I'm not sure if its a magickal path but occult philosophy.

Other paths of interest: anything and everything i just want to learn as much as i can

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Runeology, Tarot

Do you have psychic talents? aside from vivid dream recolection,not really.

+===+

Favorite poet: Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: enigma

Favorite book/s: modern magick and the Arbatle of magick are proy my favs as of now

Favorite film/s: 300, back to the future, star wars, Lord of the Rings, What dreams may Come.

Favorite quote: "all that wonder are not lost"

Favorite television show: dont really watch... i guess house m.d.

Do you have any hobbies? Martail Arts, reading making various things, video games

Anything else you wanna tell us? just want to be able to freely talk about my finding and share my experiences with a group of like minded practioners

--------------------
All who wander are not lost,
On our quest for knowledge we simply take different roads
but together through understanding study and deiligence
we can work toward our unique dreams and goals.
united by a our thirst for knowledege
it is my hope and dream,
that by our combined power
we can build a briliant future
for a greater spiritual world.
wishing you the best on your own spiritual journey
Lord Vahn Bieale De La Exodus.

+Quote Post

pip
post Aug 23 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #148

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hi everyone! My name is Sabrina...making my introductions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye.gif)

Magickal paths you've studied:
catholicism, magical catholicisn, benedicaria, stregoneria, vodoun, santeria/lucumi, hoodoo, rootwork, hedge witchery, ceremonial magic,

Other topics of interest:
maintaining a balanced life, odic forces, mesmerism, magnetism, telepathy, modern protestant christian practices, astrology

Do you practice divination?
Not routinely, however I have used tarot in the past. It is more important to me to strengthen/maintain my own will and reason by making my own decisions.

Do you have psychic talents? clairaudience

Favorite authors:
Barrett, Bacon, Didier, Dupotet, Ennemoser, Levi, Crowley, Du Quette, Regardie, Von Reichenbach, A E Waite,

Favorite quote: Life…all it takes, is all you’ve got!”

Do you have any hobbies?
Family/friends, gardening, cooking, reading, learning new things, painting, drawing, home maintenance, pets, fitness, roller skating,

Anything else you want to tell us?
I live in rural SE Georgia, USA. Employed as a registered nurse(for 18yrs), mother to one 10yr old child, and I I have lurked for a few days and I really appreciate the camaraderie, spirit of cooperation in which info is shared AND the fact that ego and self-inflated bravado seems to be kept at a tolerable level. It’s important to remember that none of us KNOW IT ALL. Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to learning more about everyone.

+Quote Post

bkl777
post Sep 14 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #149

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I'm an extremely eclectic Chaos Magician/ Discordian so basically I practice any and all magickal paths that take my fancy, although I do have a soft spot for the Norse paradigm.

Other paths of interest: N/A

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I'm heavily invested in learning runic magick/divination, although I also practice Tarot, scrying, vision quests, geomancy, I-ching and occasionally necromancy.

Do you have psychic talents?: Yes, I have mild clairaudience, and I have frequently been successful with my scrying practice.

+===+

Favourite poet: Greg Graffin

Favourite musical artist or band: Bad Religion

Favourite authors: Pete Carrol, Austin Osman Spare, Aleister Crowley, Jan Fries, "Kostantinos", Frater U.'.D.'., Donald Tyson, Ashcroft-Norwiki, Robert Anton Wilson, Michael W. Ford, Lao-Tzu, Patrick Rothfuss, Terry Pratchett, Stephen King.

Favourite film: Akira

Favourite quote: Tao k'o tao fei ch'ang tao

Favourite television show: I don't watch tv.

Do you have any hobbies? no

Anything else you wanna tell us?:
I'm a 23 year old, Caucasian, Homosexual, British (Welsh) man with three dogs, a cat, two rats, two gerbils and one boyfriend, all of whom I love dearly. I Spend most of my time studying or practising as much magick as humanly possible, and take it very seriously (although the same does not apply to myself). When not studying or practising magick, I can usually be found walking my doggies, reading or sleeping with my Boyfriend (although not one of the latter practises precludes the first). I hope to find some real insight in this forum, and look forward to discussing magickal theory and practise with you all.

--------------------
Tao k'o tao fei ch'ang tao

+Quote Post

Dooley
post Nov 12 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #150

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Chaos Magic/Zen are my forte. A little of what you might call Urban Shamanism, but I wouldn't, as that usually brings up the wrong sort of connotations. I'm also well verse in classic Norse and Greek mythology/general folklore, and I've read a little bit of Crowley(like everyone). As such I've dabbled extremely lightly in Qabalah and Enochian... but pretty much just a lot of Chaos magic and walking around high in forests...

Other paths of interest: Tantra sounds kinda interesting.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I'm afraid my divination abilities are very vague and hardly specific. It usually tends to come in the form of watching birds as I drive. This works well, as I live in a very rural place. Number, type, behavior and direction are all things that play into how I interpret it. However this usually only gives me vague ideas of what to expect/look for, and is mostly just to keep me entertained.

Do you have psychic talents? I doubt it.

+===+

Favorite poet: Karle Wilson Baker

Favorite musical artist or band: Ummm... this is very difficult, as I'm quite into music. I'm a big fan of Against Me! and Tom Gabel... the Avett Bros. are divine. The Sub-humans are pretty awesome if you want to go old school. I also love a lot of really small time musical acts from local cities.

Favorite book/s: Good Omens(and most other books by Neil Gaiman[Terry Pratchett is good, but I don't think I'm British enough to enjoy him properly, being American]), the Offutt collection, .... These Black Eyes.

Favorite film/s: Dead Poets Society, Pi, La Haine, Donnie Darko(O lawdy, the pop culture...), V for Vendetta (O LAWDS!!!), and (because we neeeeed it) Forrest Gump.

Favorite quote: ??? I don't think I could honestly pick any one.

Favorite television show: .... I don't really watch TV. LOST?

Do you have any hobbies? I am a primarily a writer, for fun and profit. I was a wrestler/pole vaulter in high school, but in the last two years have lost much of my old stamina. I play a lot of music/watch a lot of movies/go to a lot of shows.

Anything else you wanna tell us? Nope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
8 Pages« < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse