Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Anyone Ever Worked With Akasha
fatherjhon
post Nov 3 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #1

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

Good day all,

Its been a tad dull around here so I thought I would toss off a question related to a magick mirror I am constructing al-la Nigel R Glough. He states when making of a general use mirror with effects on all planes, it is best to use Akasha as the power source for the mirror. His book give a detailed description of every thing but the Akasha. I have never used anything like it before but what I have found about it makes it seem like it is very difficult to separate from other elements. I have seen it described as the intellectual essence of the other elements- an odd sort of thing to say relay. Before I stumble about libraries and other plains looking for an answer I was hoping someone here could inform me. I am looking for what Akasha feels or acts like and what is the best way to work with it, but anything helps.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Nov 3 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

What exactly do you wish to do with this mirror?

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 3 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #3

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

I am planing to use it for astral travel to start with, then if it provides fun results I expect to use it in divination, and providing that works well i will try to use it to alter the future. I use a black lacquered bowl filled with ink and water for scrying but I ran across the plans for this mirror and thought that it would provide better results it was made with more occult materials and more energy was put in to it. I suppose this is a series of experiments in mirror magick to see if and to what degree these things effect magick.

But like I said it all seems easy enough except for the Akasha.

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: Nov 3 2010, 04:23 PM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 3 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ Nov 3 2010, 03:48 PM) *

I am planing to use it for astral travel to start with, then if it provides fun results I expect to use it in divination, and providing that works well a will try to use it to alter the future. I use a black lacquered bowl filled with ink and water for scrying but I ran across the plans for this mirror and thought that it would provide better results it was made with more occult materials and more energy was put in to it. I suppose this is a series of experiments in mirror magick to see if and to what degree these things effect magick.

But like I said it all seems easy enough except for the Akasha.

Akasa is the framework upon which the elements are worked. The movements of the Spirit element are what manifest the other four elements. It is, because of this, the most difficult (non)element to work with as such. You would think that by representing each of the four elements equally would amount to the presence of Akasa, but this is not so. The presence of Akasa is found in the stillness of the elements. When it moves, it is manifest through them. Akasa is perfect stillness, perfect un-beingness, perfect beingness all at once. It is not fire, but it is the thing which makes the fire electric; it is not water, but it makes water magnetic; it is not air, but it causes the air to resonate; it is not earth, but it gives the earth its cohesion.

Find akasa in the Space wherein the elements operate. In the body, it is the stillness between the beats of the biorhythms; in the mind, it is the empty space between thoughts, and upon which thoughts are projected; in the spirit, it is the void upon which the spirit rests.

Find Akasa, where all else is not.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 3 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #5

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Nov 3 2010, 04:18 PM) *

Akasa is the framework upon which the elements are worked.... Akasa is perfect stillness, perfect un-beingness, perfect beingness all at once...Find akasa in the Space wherein the elements operate.... Find Akasa, where all else is not.

Cryptic but helpful. Thank you I now know what to look for and where.

What does it feel like to use, it's behavior? If it provides a structure of the elements but is not like them, I assume that it will not respond in the same way that the elements do once it is separated out. Given that it is in stillness that it manifests, I suspect I need a place for it to collect while I pull the elements out, or am I going about this wrong.

--------------------

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Nov 3 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ Nov 3 2010, 06:32 PM) *

Cryptic but helpful. Thank you I now know what to look for and where.

What does it feel like to use, it's behavior? If it provides a structure of the elements but is not like them, I assume that it will not respond in the same way that the elements do once it is separated out. Given that it is in stillness that it manifests, I suspect I need a place for it to collect while I pull the elements out, or am I going about this wrong.

There is no time in the Akashic Realm. There are only events. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

In the Akashic Realm, past, present, and future exist simultaneously. You don't travel through time so much as you call up an event (Want to witness the Battle of Gettysburg? What about your parents' wedding day? What you do is summon forth the event.)

This post has been edited by The Sorceress: Nov 3 2010, 05:46 PM

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 4 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #7

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Sorceress @ Nov 3 2010, 07:42 PM) *

There is no time in the Akashic Realm. There are only events. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)
In the Akashic Realm, past, present, and future exist simultaneously. You don't travel through time so much as you call up an event (Want to witness the Battle of Gettysburg? What about your parents' wedding day? What you do is summon forth the event.)

To some degree this is the right idea. The events themselves, however, are movement of the Akasa, which amount to elemental constructs or memories. The Tao that can be named is not the Eternal Tao.

Separating out akasa is the wrong thinking, but i is difficult to explain exactly how. Akasa is the wholeness behind the 'parts'. When we talk about the elements, even talking about Akasa, the words and concepts that we use are manifestations. If we attempt to visualize it, we are stirring it up and grasping only its movements.

You might try this (as a method of finding akasa, as it were): Sit still, meditate. Then, start with the most gross part, the body. First become aware of it bit by bit, starting with the surface, your skin. Go a little deeper then, into the muscles. Then into the bones. Then into the connective parts - nerves, blood, fluid. Feel your breath and how it makes your body move last. Then, intentionally withdraw that awareness into your mind and out of your body. Begin with your gross thoughts, images and words, etc., then go a little deeper and feel for intention and will, the part which generates these gross thoughts. Then, go a little deeper and find the awareness itself. Then, go a little deeper and find the root of that awareness. (it gets more abstract at this point).

Withdraw from the mind then, and try to sink into the 'soil' where the awareness has its roots. Like soil, it nourishes the roots of awareness. Feel the connection, the grounded sense of awareness attached to something 'deep'. Sink further, and become aware of the vitality in the 'soil', that which nourishes the roots through it. Leave the 'soil' behind, and 'enter' the vitality. It will feel like a current. Akasa is not the current, but the stillness that gives it contrast. Let the current flow, and attempt to move the stillness without moving it. The last part is the most abstract, and the most difficult. It is like carrying a bucket of water without allowing even the slightest vibration to disturb the surface. It may help to think about it as not so much moving the Akasa, as being in it and moving your awareness into another context. The mirror, or the particular object or intention, is the other context. You only want to maintain contact with the Akasa while you shift context. Being aware of the context, and the Akasa, at the same time, intensifies the presence of the Akasa in the context of your awareness.

Glough might have made mention of a fluid condenser for akasa. It is usually something like alcohol and gold. Bardon has a recipe, but I don't have his book in front of me now - it is found in initiation into hermetics.

Hope that helps. Play around with the journey method. Getting into contact with Akasa and learning how to move it is the most difficult part. Once you feel it and what it is, it is actually the easiest 'element' to work with.

Peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 4 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #8

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Nov 4 2010, 11:04 AM) *

To some degree this is the right idea. The events themselves, however, are movement of the Akasa, which amount to elemental constructs or memories. The Tao that can be named is not the Eternal Tao.
Separating out akasa is the wrong thinking, but i is difficult to explain exactly how. Akasa is the wholeness behind the 'parts'....It is like carrying a bucket of water without allowing even the slightest vibration to disturb the surface. It may help to think about it as not so much moving the Akasa, as being in it and moving your awareness into another context... You only want to maintain contact with the Akasa while you shift context. Being aware of the context, and the Akasa, at the same time, intensifies the presence of the Akasa in the context of your awareness.

Excellent post. Glad I asked early, this is going to take more work than I thought. Happily enough though the moving of Akasa is not a foreign concept, I did something similar when finding the Tao so I am glad you brought that up.

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Nov 4 2010, 11:04 AM) *

Glough might have made mention of a fluid condenser for akasa. It is usually something like alcohol and gold. Bardon has a recipe, but I don't have his book in front of me now - it is found in initiation into hermetics.

Yes he does give a recipe for both liquid and solid condenser of the compound universal type for working with akasa. I will see what the two have in common.

--------------------

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 4 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #9

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

I looked up Bardon's recipe but it calls for Mineral Coal- not charcoal. It looks like a better formulation than the one I have, except for finding the coal.

--------------------

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Nov 10 2010, 03:38 AM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

Vagrant.....I love you, so so much.

Well....your brain, actually. (Spirit? ...Something.)

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse