Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Summoning Circles - Crop Circles?
plainsight
post Feb 4 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm curious of peoples thoughts on crop circles and its relationship, if any, to summoning circles?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Feb 7 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(plainsight @ Feb 4 2011, 05:02 PM) *

I'm curious of peoples thoughts on crop circles and its relationship, if any, to summoning circles?

So, I started looking at crop circles when I saw this post originally, to get to know the subject a little better before forming an opinion, but my opinion now is that no, there is no direct relationship.

However, there were some interesting connections to sacred geometry, and some discussion regarding the pyramids, the idea that there are points of power along the earths surface relating to particular angles from the center at certain distances from the poles, as well as discussions on EM frequencies relating to interdimensionality. Now, I haven't gone back to analyze the descriptions of summmoning circles yet, but I think it would be interesting if these followed similar proportions. However, my initial thought is that they probably don't - or else, that's a component not expressly stated in those books, but rather implied by the instructions given. The heptameron for instance says the circle should be nine feet wide, with the inner three circles a 'hands breadth' apart from one another (paraphrased). So, I'd like to find what proportions are present in the goetia circle I now use, and see if there is a way to tweak the proportions just enough to fit with the geometry mentioned in connection to some crop circles.

By and large the general tone of many genuine crop circles seems to have to do with astronomical predictions, statements of sacred geometry used by the ancients, and relevant depictions of spiritual and scientific events local to the crop circles themselves. I hadn't given them much thought until just recently - in the course of researching for this thread - but there are some compelling discussions given as to the nature of crop circles and their origins, as well as a lot of discussion about the differences between 'genuine' crop circles and 'hoax' crop circles which i was previously unaware of. Although it seemed irrational to believe that two men (or even additional groups of hoaxters) could not only produce all of the crop circles on record, but that they also had the kind of precision and intelligence to come up with predictions that our space observations agencies missed, or depict the diatonic scale visually, or come up with geometric theorems unrecorded (or missed) by Euclid. Also the issues of the state of the stalks of the plants in the cases of genuine crop circles, vs. the broken stalks in the deliberately hoaxed circles, the alteration to the local water table, the period of radioactivity in the soil inside a new circle, and the alteration of the EM field around some crop circles, all suggest to me personally that they are not the work of hoaxters in those cases.

In any case, I do not currently think that there is any connection between classical summoning circles and crop circles. However, I will be looking into the place of sacred geometry in summoning circles and whether or not approximate ratios which are particular to that geometry are present.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

plainsight
post Feb 12 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Well I assume someone could just pickup a book with symbols and make something, but hoaxes aside. Its a curiosity that these circles might be a result of, or a function of, self summoning from another dimension of sort. I do see something similar in mysticism. I think aliens and multi-dimensional beings have been moved from the magick list and placed into the pseudo-science list, but that's another topic of discussion. Its something I'll keep an eye on.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse