Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Can I Transport Myself Into A Different World? (like Anime?), Physical travel to different dimensions? (Anime, game, TV, etc.?)
Detraque
post Apr 21 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'm trying to find a way to transport myself into another world (TV, movie, some world from pop culture)... I apologize if this sounds stupid, as it did when I mentioned it to others on other magick sites.

Is it possible? (To transport yourself into the world of a certain series or movie?)

And I mean physically, not in the astral.

EDIT: Found this on DeviantArt, and it's pretty much what I want to do:http://sonicrocksmysocks.deviantart.com/art/OH-SNAP-PART-2-161259024

I apologize, again, the thought is crazy, but... Life's been difficult, and I need an escape. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by Detraque: Apr 21 2010, 06:04 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 21 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

oh we've been trying that little number for years! - so far it happens only when its unexpected and usually when it is a pain - and not to some stupid tv show or whatever, but a real live other world, perhaps another planet - the tibetan buddists supposedly communicate with 13 other places where we have brothers and sisters like us, and we can see the other worlds through all sorts of scrying techniques, but to go through to them has so far been impossible - you could check out the work of william henry and his stargate stuff but its not magical but metaphysical - and if you do figure out how to go through, don't forget to tell us how to go before you do!

i suppose the best documented modern case was when whitley strieber (communion, alien agenda) unintentionally popped into another world while driving near the paramus(?) mall in new jersey in a jeep cherokee , and with a neighbor's kid in the car as a witness, and multiple witnesses back in our world to confirm that al least something really strange had happened - whitley and the kid entered a world where the houses were set far back from the road and there were carvings of snakes(?) on the front of the houses - he went into panic mode (raising his energy level?) and they popped out again back into our world - it has been throughly investigated and the kid corroborated his story and the kids dad who was waiting for whitley to deliver the kid to him saw them vanish, and a construction crew saw someting too

some guy walking up a road at a dig site or construction site or something disappeared in front of all sorts of witnesses

there are many tales of people going elsewhere, just not at will, and a lot of them not coming back ever but folks here could hear them screaming and stuff

and that's the problem, doing it at will and controlling where you go once you can get it to happen so you don't pop underground or inside a rock or something

and of course i have a story or two about it - the most famous, or infamous, being 'elspeth's gallitrap', and then there's 'remembering maryanne' but that one is less magical and more ufo, and is a bit more darker than elspeth

neither of these stories have the characters even wanting to return to our world once they made it through to the other place

i have some wonderful early memories of being able to physically go to faerie or wherever it was, hanging out with a lady who was visible there but not visible here although she was still here, then i would return the same way, and the time was usually longer than what i had spent there, but those are just memories now, and even the place where they occurred is long gone, burnt down and rebuilt, so there can be no investigating that place to find that gate, but i am very sure there are many many more gates just waiting to be found - i also remember very clearly that it was actually the lady herself who helped me to find and use the gate to go to her

enjoy!

Elspeth's Gallitrap
Copyright 2009 by Esoterica, All Rights Reserved
Elspeth looked at the blank wall, scrunching her eyes together and squinting, there was certainly something there, here instincts had been right.
Hurriedly taking up the small bag she had brought with her, she withdrew two candles and a small bundle done up in night-blue cloth.
The two candles were an odd shade of green and yellow, like the color of moss mixed with shoots of new grass there were bits of material embedded in them and each had a fresh, clean scent of air untouched by industrial pollution, and they had an aura about them of the wildness of growing things.
Lighting the two candles, she placed them on opposite sides of the Gallitrap, the right side first, where their smoke made columns like door posts, for unlike normal candles, these gave off a rising smoke which was laden even headier than their fresh and inviting scent that cut through the dusty smells of the room.
She backed away from the wall slightly and took off all her jewelry, wrapping it in the night-blue cloth after unwinding it carefully from the wand that it shielded from all but the moonlight the wand was attuned to.
It wasn't full moon, in fact it was more noon than night and the moon wasn't up at all right then, but she had no time to spare the calamity brought down on the country by its insane leaders had near reached the doorstep of the shop she stood in.
She had tried to save them, she really had, but her friends were all as good as dead now, and she would be too, and very soon, if she could not open the Gate and escape through it into that part of the invisible world called Faerie.
Elspeth whipped the tears from her eyes as she remembered her friends – no time for them now after screaming at them to come for way too long, which they ignored, too deeply caught in their useless dance of fear and self-sorrow that only fed the leaders into further bloated exploits, she had bolted from the condos and made her way here.
She had to get this right, for the Gate could open on many times and places, and there was only one place she wished to go only one place that she could find refuge.
The candles would guide the connection, and so would her memories, thoughts and words.
Crying softly for her friends and the death of the place she had come to love, she crooned the sing-song of the call words and traced the outline of the five point star with the wand.
Twice she repeated the call and the outlining of the symbol, each time louder and more intent, with a space between each as she listened intently for an answer.
All she heard was breaking glass and shouting from outside as looters filled what little time they had left with a fever pitch of useless activity, for what good were things, when so very soon there will be nothing left alive whatsoever just empty buildings and empty streets, all set for the next set of leaders to raise up a new herd of emotion-rich human cattle to feed their ever-hungry bellies.
Once more she crooned the call, the soft syllables of the gaelic language contrasting harshly with the buzzing of the florescent lights as their energy was drawn to power the weapons of the leaders, and once more she made the round of the symbol with the wand, exacting to remain within the tracings she had made before.
There was the far off peal of a deep-toned bell, and the doorway split down the middle of the star, opening on a land of the greenest greens and yellowest yellows , there were birds and the trickling sound of a tiny stream, she had forgotten just how beautiful Faerie was.
She jumped through the door, then hurriedly closed it shut there was a bright flash and a sickly orange-green light on the other side of the doorway as the calamity struck full on the doorway closed upon it she had made it just in time.
Elspeth planted the wand upright in the ground, both as a marker and a lock against intrusion either intentional or accidental, said a quick prayer for the dead and gave her heart-felt thanks that she had made it home, then softly walked away toward the Emerald City.
Hopefully some of the other missions would have had more success than hers – the brainwashing the leaders did to keep their meal tickets miserable, but fully under control was so strong.
There was a golden cast to the sky as she topped a rise, and the air cleansed her lungs, and even her body and clothes of the last traces of the pollution she hadn't even noticed in the physical world, and the pulsating life around her removed the last of the cobwebs from her mind.
She was Home.
The End

Remembering Maryanne
Copyright 2009 by Esoterica, All Rights Reserved
Fear­filled, she drove the jeep frantically, throwing it through the curves.
Hot tears screamed down her face as she wailed inside for a dead and dying world!
There was no going back, as there was nothing there anymore.
Insanely howling winds had come and fiercely scrubbed the land.
Her whole house was just gone, disappeared into the void.
Her work had gone under a month ago, and now her car was pretzeled.
She couldn't even afford to eat, much less replace all the stuff she had lost.
It was like the world had gone mad around her, and was trying to kill her off.
And it wasn't mad at just her, it was like it was mad at all the life growing on it.
She had even made plans for suicide, then this even more reckless plan had shoved its way into her brain.
It was like someone else was thinking for her, planning and even making things happen, like being loaned this jeep, so the plan could work.
She also knew that it was her choice to follow this pushing.
It was a wild plan, insane even, and she shook her head at the daunting idiocy of it!
Two years ago to the day, a woman named Maryanne had jolted down this same road, then had made the turn onto the small dirt path that she was determined to do, then there was that awful walk along the cliff path, back to the wall, hugging the rock and not daring to look over the edge that she dreaded.
Maryanne had disappeared, right in front of witnesses, being whisked off in what some said was a silver ball, never to be seen again until years later when an abductee told a remarkable story and one of the people in that story was a girl named Maryanne living and apparently working with the aliens aboard the craft!
The jeep bucked wildly as the tires explored the depths of an oversize pothole, and flung her mind back to the task of getting there before she could get out of there.
Maryanne had escaped this now useless world, and if she could do it, then others could too!
She would either get whisked away, or lose her grip and.., but her mind shied away from such a thought, as her plans for suicide didn't involve the pain of falling off a cliff!
Anyway, it wasn't her that was wrong, it was the world that had lost its mind!
From the economy and the stock market and her meager money 'busted', to the weather gone crazy, to people running amok and taking out as many around them as they could before they were put down, it was awful, and only getting worse as failure after failure set in.
The government screamed that it had everything under control, but the messages flashing into her head from wherever calmly said otherwise.
She understood the people's panic, and felt their pain, but she didn't want to hurt people, she just wanted out of here!
And that way lay, she was sure of it, with the invisible world.
Everybody said they knew about the fairies and elves and trolls and the other creatures of the invisible world, even though they didn't believe in them, the voices of the invisible world eclipsed from their minds by denial and rampages and weather and political arguing and corruption one­-up­-man-ship.
The control working in her head slowed her down a bit, and she felt her body respond.
Why would they need to control her like this and was the point of the control that was she such a poor listener or so stupid that she couldn't follow directions?
She was calm, although she had no memory of such an odd experience of being driven as though her body wasn't her own.
Still she had chose this path, and she could only hope the control was for her own good.
This was the end of the paved road, and it was in poor condition.
She wondered if the control would set her marching off down the dirt road on foot, but it didn't.
Some part of her wondered at her mastery of the jeep as she forced it through the potholes and onto the dirt road, which actually proved finally to be a better drive than the paved mess.
Would the earth have been better off without them?
The animals and plants would have been left unmolested, and the land would be clean and natural, without the virus of the humans tearing it up and making it sick.
But they were made to be here, and the land provided for their use, or misuse as it turned out.
It was the petrI dish growing the genetically engineered bacteria carrying the strands of god, and very soon there would be the harvesting, and then the autoclave to sterilize the planet for the next batch.
She hoped fiercely that she had not been skipped in the harvest and was headed for the sterilizer.
But either way she would be dead, as the harvested were chopped up for the genetic material they propagated, but she hoped she had remained true to the purpose of the experiment.
The last few hills of the dirt road loomed ahead and her heart skipped a beat.
This is where she would either live, or die trying!
She slowly came to the end of the dirt path, where the rocks began.
Oddly, the control lifted once she shut off the jeep, and she just sat inside, almost like it must be her choice that she get out of it.
She swung out, determined, and parked the jeep and locked the keys inside, as this was a one­ way trip and she knew it.
The rocky path awaited the soles of her brand­-new climbing boots.
It was easier than she had thought it would be, climb, then walk, then climb some more.
All too soon she made it to the footpath that edges around the huge spur of rock around the end of the mountain.
This was it, there was no going back now!
Here was whether she would live or she would die.
She thought she would shake herself off in the first ten feet, she was shaking so hard, and the control took firm hold again and forced her to eat the candy bar in her pocket, even though she had no memory of having a ever candy bar in her pocket.
It was some sort of trail mix, white with white chocolate chips, and it was the best candy bar she had ever eaten in her life.
It brought a bubbling sensation to her bloodstream, as if it were laced with oxygen, and the control issued a warning against that euphoria affecting her climbing ability.
She stood on the edge of the huge drop, the river a tiny silver ribbon far below, and noticed that her tears had stopped.
She had cried herself out, and they just didn't matter anymore.
The only thing that did matter was getting to the right spot at the right time, said the control inside her brain, and she pushed herself a bit faster, but to speed along here was to court disaster!
The cold grit of the mountain's bones fitted into the small of her back, and at least there was not much wind in this next calm before the storm.
She suddenly wondered if maryanne had actually disappeared into a ball, or just into the river as the physical­-world­-only debunkers had so loudly screamed, that there was no un-earthy thing to 'make false their gigantic ego' that could do things the humans, the pinnacle of existence as their ego told them, couldn't do!
If it was the river, that that would claim her too, but the control was still there as brooding hope, quiet for now but still powerfully inside her mind.
The path widened ahead, and it would not be long before she was there!
Bottling the thrill for later celebration, she inched along, the footpath barely wider than the length of her shoes.
Looking down at the path, and the lack of it where it wasn't there, made her sway too much, so she started taking quick peeks and keeping her main attention on the rock in front of her.
Congealed from matter, the tiny grains were universes of their own, with stars and planets and maybe even inhabitants, and she was standing on them, holding onto their bumpy surfaces.
Was there somewhere in them a girl who clung to a cold rock on her way to escape the final end of all of her treacherous species?
She knew she didn't care if this body she had died, it had to eventually, but she just didn't want it to end there, with the death of her eternal soul as well as this body, which was what would happen once the harvest came.
She also knew that there was nothing whatsoever she could do about about the huge soul die­ off that was coming, and for many this would be the last incarnation anywhere, and it made the breath catch in her throat!
A huge sadness came over her, fostered by huge almond­-shaped black eyes that were the source of the control, a face remembered from childhood, and one that loved her.
She was finally there, and she jumped the last few feet onto the thicker portion of the path.
There was movement in the bushes, but it was just some critters on their daily duties, oblivious to the hammer that would befall them because of the stupid humans.
She sent them a thought-blessing as she passed their rustling, thinking of the millions of small creatures that would survive, and she hoped they would be one of them.
There was a tiny whooshing sound behind her, and she turned and saw her, this friend from so many lifetimes, standling there a little awkward in what was a pseudo-physical body, and maryanne dropped to her knees and hugged her tightly!
The conrol left her mind, returning to her companion's eyes, their minds met, and the prodigal had returned home.
The End

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 21 2010, 07:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Apr 21 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

I would have to say yes, but how could you be sure that the problems you're escaping won't just be a different, more painful set of problems elsewhere?

I've never performed it before because I haven't really invested or see the point in it at all, but I would imagine you'd need two or three large-mammal's worth of energy to get a bit of yourself there.

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 21 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

It's more of a chance to get away for a little bit. I'm awful at meditation, and astral projection never worked for me... So I was hoping there'd be a way for me to get to a different world physically.

I'm Asian, so I'm into a lot of anime. It seems like things work more logically there than here, and people aren't so cruel. No, I'm not some drooly little fangirl who wants to meet Ash Ketchum or anything.

Like I said, I just want a place to get away to so I can think without being bothered by my own family/friends, and maybe make some so-called "fictional" friends along the way.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Apr 21 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

No.

I think a far more pressing concern, one worth really considering, is what it is in your life that is so awful you need that kind of an escape in the first place. Without knowing the particulars of what kind of issues are involved in the process of being you, I think we can all agree that a great many people manage to make it from day to day - under sometimes inconcievably heavy loads of stress, responsibility, adversity - without such an escape.

Conflict is inescapable. These fictional worlds created by our own collective human personality, don't function without conflict - the kind that makes for a good story, so typically a LOT worse than what your average person goes through. Sure in a good (matter of opinion) story the main character resolves the conflict, blah blah, but there are often casualties along the way.

Especially in anime.

Setting aside the possibility that this could happen at all, the other pressing concern is part of the more general practice of magic. It's related to the first issue and that is that we have to understand not just what we want to accomplish, and how, but also why. I'm guessing you have two, maybe three degrees of understanding or conceptualizing why you want to escape into these fantasy worlds. Likely it begins with - and i'm making very general assumptions here based on tons of experience with (pardon) teenagers - I have no world of my own, no privacy or personal control over my time/space/life. One degree from there is something like: this is so because my family/friends/etc., don't understand/respect me. One degree from there might start with "because I'm different."

Three degrees isn't enough for magic. It's enough to get something - something within the continuum of nature that we are at the present confined to (and, you are, there is no quck version of the get out of reality free card that you're looking for) - but not to get it well, and not to get what will really resolve your problems in a meaningful way. Why are you different? Why do you feel there is a need to define those differences? What is the basis for that definition? Where did you inherent that basis? These are examples in this particular above mentioned line of reasoning - but the end result will be the same, and that is that you need to reverse engineer your paradigm, your model of relating to the world and interpreting all phenomenon - physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, social, etc. - in order to understand who you are in the first place.

So there are lots of misconceptions and misunderstandings running around this subject, and they all warrant attention. If you feel you are ready to begin a journey into magical practice, then there is certainly an answer for you there waiting - it is unlikely that you will find the specific answer you are asking here in the particular case, but that is just a symptom of another question you aren't asking yet.

Magic and philosophy aside, at the moment my suggestion is that if you need an escape of some sort, start with sitting down and talking to the people you need to escape from face to face, and express your need for more privacy. Parents do understand their kids - not necessarily the way we want them to, but on a level that's deeper than we are capable of concieving up until we have our own kids. The kind of understanding acquired by watching a consciousness grow from perfect innocence into an individual. Kids don't understand their parents is usually the core of the problem. But they were kids too, and they remember being a teenager, and feeling like they couldn't express their needs to their parents either. Turn the tables and break the (sorry) very typical mold you are currently filling, and be upfront with what you need. There may be a degree of comprimise depending on your own personal history (maybe you just got out of rehab or something), but it is likely that you parents/friends/teachers, etc. will recognize you as a near-adult that needs practice and reassurance in the art of communicating needs and working with a community of some form to meet them.

Oh the grueling task of being human. We all have to do it, most of us dislike it, no one gets out of it.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 21 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Apr 21 2010, 09:36 PM) *

Vagrant Dreamer

If I must dig so deeply into the true intention of why I'd like to escape...

My father is a recovering drug addict and a self-denied sex addict. My college fund (parents' mutual fund) was withdrawn and wasted on both of his addictions: One payment made specifically for his mistress' hospital bills, though she dumped my father once she was "well" again.

There are many events concerning violent arguments between my parents, and both of their behaviors towards each other and towards me have affected me greatly. I have had objects thrown at me in anger, I have been threatened to be left off the side of a highway. I have run away from home, I have been suicidal, but what's the point of that?

There's a lot more I can go into, but I'm really tired right now...

I want to go to a place in anime so I can be happy. Sure, no one will know me at first, but I'd like it better that way. I came here, hoping that someone could help me achieve that wish. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 21 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Also, not to be rude, (pardon if it sounds as such), but for future reference I'd prefer answers towards the direct question, rather than an evaluation of my psyche.

(My father is also a psychologist, and as you can imagine, has taken a liking to analyzing anything about my mother or me. I'm neurotic and she's OCD, apparently.)

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Apr 22 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #8

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

I want to go to a place in anime so I can be happy. Sure, no one will know me at first, but I'd like it better that way. I came here, hoping that someone could help me achieve that wish. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Possible to travel? Yes.

Will the cosmos allow it based on your reasons? No.

In what I have learned in my meditations (and my few experiences in successful projection), you travel because of what you have, not what you need. It's very much like best-case-scenario capitalism: You have extra money, so you invest it, and gain more. You never deal in debt, because the chance is that the investment may be a bad one, making you worse off in the first place. Build your 'credit' (metaphorically, karma) so that you have something you can 'deal' and 'invest'. You cannot make a transaction without sufficient credit, and very much the same way, you cannot do anything magical without the magic within you, first.

How does one hope for miracles to happen to them? By being the miracle. You become the essence of the 'good credit.' By working this way, you build your 'credit' (karma? power?) to where you may then invest it to further develop your capabilities.

The argument, however, posits a question: Once I actually make life better, what's the point of leaving?

Ask that same question to people with a good life who choose to travel. They have no reason. They have it all. So why? Because they simply want to. They want more. They aren't finished learning. They make something else to learn.

(IMG:http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff4b2636f9a2.jpg)

Make your world a good one. Make it one worth exploring. Once that's done, begin exploring your imagination, because when the world without has reached the limit of what it has to offer, the world within holds wonders untold. The picture above is testament. An entire universe is within, and without. Collectively, the efforts to understand the outer world are bound to the limit of time. At this time, we have just begun to scratch the surface of the big bang. Science is the forefront. This is the collective effort, and compromise, of everyone's effort to cooperate. But you? Who else would know your universe but yourself? You have infinite ability to know the universe from where you are because you are a part of it as much as it is a part of you. Where science fails, the mind explores beyond. This is why imagination is the most powerful magic of all.

Learn as much of the world as you can, both good and bad. Make your place within it. Do your part. When you are rewarded with downtime, ask the cosmos to bless you with the ability to leave. I am in the process of doing the same thing. I know that I will never leave until I act as a miracle to myself (self-respect: Working out, getting a job, etc) and to others of this world (my actions to make this world better by making myself a better person). Then, explore yourself, and then further this quest by exploring your link to the grand cosmos within and without.

This post has been edited by Xenomancer: Apr 22 2010, 04:02 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

German
post Apr 22 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #9

Initiate
Group Icon

To be blunt, no. Sorry, but to be physically removed from our reality is something that almost never happens(if ever), and when it does I'm pretty sure you don't go live in Gurren Lagaan or whatnot. Although I admit that would be pretty cool.

Something you might try is to use magic to bring aspects of said anime(s) you like into your life. Try and draw people who act like your favorite characters toward you. I find that general magic works best whenever you're searching for something(although that might just be a personal thing). Try and find these people and then build a better life with them. That's the best advice I can give you.

EDIT: By the way, that's some good posting by Xenomancer.

This post has been edited by German: Apr 22 2010, 03:47 PM

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 22 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think that one of my issues is that I am unsure whether or not I wish to leave.

I've had many dreams concerning this subject.

One is of that I have returned from whatever world I have ventured to, but that when I find my boyfriend, he has aged to about his mid-thirties, has graduated from college, and does not know who I am.

Another is that I am kidnapped from my friend's house by two "game characters," and I ask one of them if they are taking me away. He replied, "Yes, but you cannot look back."

How can I ask the cosmos if I am ready to leave? As I have noted, I am dreadful in the art of meditation.

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Apr 22 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

QUOTE(Detraque @ Apr 22 2010, 10:02 PM) *

I think that one of my issues is that I am unsure whether or not I wish to leave.
I've had many dreams concerning this subject.

One is of that I have returned from whatever world I have ventured to, but that when I find my boyfriend, he has aged to about his mid-thirties, has graduated from college, and does not know who I am.

Another is that I am kidnapped from my friend's house by two "game characters," and I ask one of them if they are taking me away. He replied, "Yes, but you cannot look back."
How can I ask the cosmos if I am ready to leave? As I have noted, I am dreadful in the art of meditation.

It would probably be some sign that irreconcilable, like the sky being ripped in half, and gravity inverting or something like that.

Otherwise, you'd have to make due with different alternatives to make your environment a more livable place.

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 22 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

-sigh- I really want to get there somehow. Part of me just wants to, even if it's temporary. I have multiple intentions, I think. Some more than others, though, depending on my day.

Like last week was an amazing week, but the week before was awful (family issues). Y'know, a rollercoaster life. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

Right now, I feel more that I want to go to an anime world just because it sounds fun, and not so much as an escape.

But if my father decides to use me (and be difficult in other ways), I'd want to go to escape.

Argh, I apologize. Am I making any sense? xD

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 22 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #13

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

id say to just open your mind to the possibility of physical travel to another world and start looking about your home and neighborhood for an entrance way into another world

i think i'll start doing this myself! - it would be good to go back to that world, or i'd take what i could get

i had a nasty childhood too, but then i was shown how to squeeze through that place that took me away, but it was a real world i went to not anime, and though it didn't solve anything back here it was a nice break every now and then - i still had to face the problems here, go to school, etc

and yes there was a time difference while there but not years - time just passed more slowly there than here

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 22 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Apr 22 2010, 10:03 PM) *

i had a nasty childhood too, but then i was shown how to squeeze through that place that took me away, but it was a real world i went to not anime, and though it didn't solve anything back here it was a nice break every now and then - i still had to face the problems here, go to school, etc

and yes there was a time difference while there but not years - time just passed more slowly there than here

See? That's exactly what I want to do. (Except in anime...)

Okay, please do not tease me, but I want to go to Naruto's world, (Sand village). Yes, I am seventeen, and it sounds weird.

I live in suburbia: not much nature here, not many places to explore...
I wear a Naruto headband when I go to sleep, hoping that the thought and energy I put into it at night will one day help me get there.

I apologize again, it sounds so weird, but I'm open to trying new things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 22 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #15

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

the difference is that i didn't get to pick what the world looked like - it was a real place and i had no control over it

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 22 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Apr 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *

the difference is that i didn't get to pick what the world looked like - it was a real place and i had no control over it

My belief is that since there is a great love for it, it must exist somewhere, like this huge thoughtform realm (since it's admired by many)...

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 22 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #17

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

it probably is a thoughtform, but does that thoughtform exist in the physical to go through to it? - could such a world exist somewhere physically beyond the imagination of a whole big bunch of minds? - interesting... - time for bed here, g'nite all - oh yeah, we're off to see the wizard tomorrow am 'til monday, so talk to you then

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 22 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #18

Zelator
Group Icon

Yes. You could try lucid dreaming, its like reality but your dreaming. I've done it once, it felt very real rather than a dream. Many people use this to live out fantasies, etc. Although many websites recommend people with depression not practice it because they abandon real life for lucid dreaming (ie, they stop socializing, and trying to achieve things). You can join forums and people can give advice, support and techniques on how to develop this skill. So in a sense, yes you can transport yourself to a different world.

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 22 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ Apr 22 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Yes. You could try lucid dreaming, its like reality but your dreaming. I've done it once, it felt very real rather than a dream. Many people use this to live out fantasies, etc. Although many websites recommend people with depression not practice it because they abandon real life for lucid dreaming (ie, they stop socializing, and trying to achieve things). You can join forums and people can give advice, support and techniques on how to develop this skill. So in a sense, yes you can transport yourself to a different world.

Thank you, but I wish to do so without sleeping, partly because I have trouble sleeping, and the other part being that I want to go there physically. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 23 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #20

Zelator
Group Icon

Uh. . . you cant go there physically. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fool.gif) If anything you could astrally project some place similar but you cant physically go into an animated world and turn into an 2D anime caracter.

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 23 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #21

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ Apr 23 2010, 03:06 PM) *

Uh. . . you cant go there physically. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fool.gif) If anything you could astrally project some place similar but you cant physically go into an animated world and turn into an 2D anime caracter.

I bet there's a way to... No one knows how to yet, that's all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Apr 24 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Possible to travel? Yes.

Will the cosmos allow it based on your reasons? No.

To prevent confusion, I rescind this statement. The ability to edit that post has been disabled.

I did not understand the question, and did not see the edit to Detraque's post.

Here is a revised statement:

I bet there's a way to... No one knows how to yet, that's all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

In one ear, out the other...

Aphrodite is right. The only way to get there is astral projection. Yes, they exist in that fashion. Laws of time and space prevent them from ever manifesting in our realm, or cross-manifestation to ever occur.

You vaguely remind me of those pretend-mages I used to 'play' with years ago who caused much drama for me.

Anime is meant to inspire. Somewhere in the cosmos, does Uzumaki Naruto live? A real one? According to mathematics, it's very possible. Is it possible, physically for him to know you? No. absolutely not. Yet, what I said earlier was supposed to lay a groundwork for how to get to know him, or anyone else, if you wished to.

You have to realize that the science we have is the best the human race has to offer right now. We can't appear wherever in an instant. In your own universe, you can. Not to say, your own universe is not just imaginary. If it was, then how do we know THIS one isn't just imaginary (An argument still contested today!)? So, by this merit (and the picture I provided), the universe inside your mind is just as real as the one outside of us. It patterns itself much like layers of an onion.

While our universe is bound by time, yours is bound to your judgment of time. Therefore, instantaneous travel to the realms within is completely possible. Nothing stops you.

Conclusion: In -this- layer of reality, it is not possible. In the deeper layers, yes. You must learn how to reach the deeper layers.

ADDITIONAL EDIT:

And I mean physically, not in the astral

No, no, no.

And, no.

There is -no- way to. Arguably, so, because if there was, the technology would be well beyond humanity's time on earth. We'd have bent the universe by our will and supplanted ourselves across galaxies by the time we could do that.

Don't hold your breath. We can't do it in this lifetime. No point in fretting. You only have a maximum possible lifespan of 120 years. Make the most of it, and stop worrying about how to leave. How about making a world worth living in, instead? I know I'm doing my part, as best as I can.

This post has been edited by Xenomancer: Apr 24 2010, 06:32 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 24 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #23

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Apr 24 2010, 07:16 AM) *

[size=3][b][color=#FF0000]

Okay, so I tried AP this morning, but got the same problem as last time I tried, and the time before:

There is a loud static blaring in my ears, my heartbeat is going rapidly, and my whole body goes numb.
I keep fearing at the time that the stress on my body will kill me (like it's a health problem or something), so I cannot bring myself to go through with it.

I have not heard this happen to other projectors, therefore... I don't know if it's safe for me to AP.

So now what do I do?

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Apr 24 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

There is a loud static blaring in my ears, my heartbeat is going rapidly, and my whole body goes numb.
I keep fearing at the time that the stress on my body will kill me (like it's a health problem or something), so I cannot bring myself to go through with it.

I have not heard this happen to other projectors, therefore... I don't know if it's safe for me to AP.

So now what do I do?

What you are hearing is the arcing and sparking of your energy as it tries to leave the body. Think of a static charge. It will crackle when it jumps from one medium to another. Similarly, when you try to split energies from one medium to another, there is some contention between the two mediums on an energy level.

No one died from astral projection. If you get these signs from your body, then you, unique to your own case, are not able to handle it... yet. Your body will automatically stop you if you are not able to pull it off. It could be a problem of either body or mind. Either way, develop the whole.

For me, for instance, I need to meditate more and work out my body. I have to improve my self confidence and self image to feel good about myself, therefore letting my mind relax, therefore my mind and body being open, therefore being able to leave easily, therefore... yada ya. You get the picture.

Everyone needs to take care of some things before pulling it off. That, and practice.

In another sense, the white belt of a martial art can't pull off a black belt technique without straining or serious injury. Some people have natural black belt ability. Others have to train for it. In the end, it's all achievable. I've been studying and developing this for 5 years with limited (but still substantial) success. Was I able to pull it off? Yes. Consistently? No. I have to work on myself to get it right.

Train, train, train! Practice! Breathe! And good luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 24 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #25

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Apr 24 2010, 09:24 AM) *

What you are hearing is the arcing and sparking of your energy as it tries to leave the body. Think of a static charge. It will crackle when it jumps from one medium to another. Similarly, when you try to split energies from one medium to another, there is some contention between the two mediums on an energy level.

No one died from astral projection. If you get these signs from your body, then you, unique to your own case, are not able to handle it... yet. Your body will automatically stop you if you are not able to pull it off. It could be a problem of either body or mind. Either way, develop the whole.

So the heartbeat acceleration and body numbness is not normal...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

In any case, I'll try harder. It's rare for it to happen to me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleeping_.gif)

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Apr 24 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

So the heartbeat acceleration and body numbness is not normal...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Oh it is. It just means you need to spend some time learning, working out, yoga, etc --- life balance.

Balance is important. Metaphorically, think balance of a wheel. Spin an out-of-balance wheel, you bang and dent the rim. Need a new wheel.

Balance yourself in order to be able to move out of your body, or else you band yourself up. To do this, balance your life as much as possible down here.

On the other hand, it could be matter of timing in life (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 24 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #27

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Apr 24 2010, 10:46 AM) *

Oh it is. It just means you need to spend some time learning, working out, yoga, etc --- life balance.

Balance is important. Metaphorically, think balance of a wheel. Spin an out-of-balance wheel, you bang and dent the rim. Need a new wheel.

Balance yourself in order to be able to move out of your body, or else you band yourself up. To do this, balance your life as much as possible down here.

On the other hand, it could be matter of timing in life (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

Cool beans. Thanks for the info! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Apr 24 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #28

Unregistered

QUOTE(Detraque @ Apr 24 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Okay, so I tried AP this morning, but got the same problem as last time I tried, and the time before:

So now what do I do?

Astral projection is like any martial arts: talent is irrelevant, its about practice. I'm going to be blunt and say if you have been practicing for a good four months to four years, then you can discount AP but otherwise you have absolutely no say in the fact it doesn't work. Take it easy. There is no immediate answer. Ever.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Apr 24 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #29

Practicus
Group Icon

Or how about you dedicate you life to the development of artificial intelligence in virtual realities - then you could create whatever kind of world you want to and escape to it. And in the meantime, you wouldn't waste your time trying to hide from life.

Astral projection is not going to give you the experience you are hoping for here. It will, if pursued with an earnest intention to accomplish the task and an open mind, help grant you some insight and context to the issue of Living Life in general. But astral projection is not an escape either - you will still have a body to tend when you get back, and you'll still be in much the same situation, plus or minus whatever internal transformation occurred during your experience.

In another year you'll be 18, and if you work hard - really hard, as though it were something you truly desired - then you could move out on your own, get out of your bad situation. That's an escape of practical value.

I'm honestly not entirely sure what you expected to find here... maybe that if you draw this figure, say these words, do this little dance, kill a chicken and where your pants inside out then, POOF, you're in petshop of horrors world (possible misfire there).

There was once a story of an enlightened yogi who created a universe. I think the story had to do less with producing a new reality in the physical, scientific definition of that word, than redefining his own reality in spiritual terms - there's a lot of that kind of double talk in hindi mythology. But, even hypothetically, this is a person who has mastered their own life, their own mind, created true inner union with the divine, and done so through dedication, discipline, patience, experimentation, personal transformation, and HARD work in all of it.

Your opening line was basically "How can I get around working hard?"

With that basic attitude, you won't get anywhere at all in life, much less astral projection, and changing realities is frankly just out of the question.

My last word on this subject is the same as before, for the same reasons. Given your place in life as you describe it, and your apparent attitude, you should be focused on developing personal mastery over your life before you go anywhere near the kind of magic you are apparently looking for.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Detraque
post Apr 24 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #30

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Apr 24 2010, 09:24 AM) *

I forgot to ask! What do I do if this happens again? Anything I should visualize or focus on? I have a feeling it could happen again tonight.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 02:16 PM