Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Happy New Year 2010
+ Kinjo -
post Dec 31 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Well, it's only less about 5 hours away from 00.00 to 2010 in my local time here. Ten years has passed since we once worried about the 2K bug... and here we are TEN years later, it's finally the 2010!

We all shall reflect on where we are 10 years ago, what have we've done, failed, and accomplished in the past 10 years... what have we all learn? what we have accomplished? are we better now than we were? how? where are we now? .... where do we want to be 10 years from now in 2020? what we must do to accomplish our personal goals... to get where we want to be... what are your aspirations? Are we happy with what we have now?

The year 2010 is a new beginning... just a decade after the millennium yet somehow, it's felt to me it's still the 90's with new gadgets and technology and some personal changes. Time does fly and we don't have all the time in the world to accomplish what we want to accomplish. We all secretly wish that somehow the time would stood still and allow us to lay back and enjoy status quo without the burden of responsibilities and goals and deadlines! Often, we still want to be a child and let the other person to take care of our needs and never have to worry about tomorrow. But years gone by and we learned that we need to take charge of our own fates... and to shape our future we must take action today.... now!

I am wishing you all a happy Merry Christmas, and a wonderful New Year!

Have a nice year people and most importantly, go reach your dreams!

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Dec 31 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Thanks Kinjo! I really appreciate that!
Hopefully, 2010 will bring us more prosperity, health and happiness! 2009 wasn't as nice as it could have been
as the US economy tanked and the various wars continued to feed greedy men and their ever-expanding pockets... *sigh*
It is important to remember that here, on Forum, we have had an interesting time of good discussion and personal growth.
I would like to say THANK YOU to first Kinjo, who has held this Forum together, to our last member, without whom we would
be nothing but a small collective, talking into the night! You've been a great group of individuals - Huzzah!
We'll just have to wait and see what our futures hold for us...and, LOL, we are the ones who can DO just that! *grin*
Be Well and Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Bym

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Dec 31 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #3

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

yeah, me too - i''ll be making some major changes this year - i can feel it coming, but i'm not sure what it is yet, but i know its a major change - probably dealing with home or money or employment - here's to hopefully greeting it with a welcome when it comes!

time to ski - i used to be a pretty good skier before i got fat and old - the double diamond run looks like an old familiar friend with arms outstretched

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Dec 31 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

I realize that this past year was bad for many people, but for me it was a rather good year. This new year promises to be even better in some ways. I have a steady income, higher than the rather uneven income levels I used to have. My mind is occupied in planning the new Qigong class. Now I have a full class of real live people--or will when we start in two weeks. I'm getting older and grayer, but I seem to be stepping into my old teacher's footsteps. Now I'm going to pass on what he and others have taught me. It feels good.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Dec 31 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Happy New Year!

I too am trying to get into shape (I'm walking 3-4 miles every week -- not into the running thing ... Sorry.)

This post has been edited by The Sorceress: Dec 31 2009, 11:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Jan 1 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #6

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

ugh! - alive but bruised and battered - moon-dogged (night-skied) the first part of the run at midnight last night - like the economy i may recover by march

good luck to all in the new year

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

asimon2008
post Jan 1 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

Hybrid Theory
post Jan 2 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif)
QUOTE(Goibniu @ Jan 1 2010, 12:27 AM) *

I realize that this past year was bad for many people, but for me it was a rather good year. This new year promises to be even better in some ways. I have a steady income, higher than the rather uneven income levels I used to have. My mind is occupied in planning the new Qigong class. Now I have a full class of real live people--or will when we start in two weeks. I'm getting older and grayer, but I seem to be stepping into my old teacher's footsteps. Now I'm going to pass on what he and others have taught me. It feels good.

Hey dude, its great that you want to share all your knowledge with others. It truly is a great thing. To remain humble and loving ( in terms of sharing knowledge as it is a generated form of love) in the face of wisdom. Aferall, knowledge shared is NOT knowledge lost. That may be the case for a power-hungry fool who wants all the knowledge to himself without even wanting others to uncover and unravel the same mysteries. But NOT to a man of vision!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif) Kudos to you dude, oh and happy new year everyone! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse