Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Hi, New Here, Intro post
Zane Phoenix
post Apr 4 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hi I found this forum looking for Magick related forums.
I've been practicing the early part of Donald Michael Kreigs High Magick work for over a month now, and had been reading a variety of different things before then. So I'm new to Magickal practice although have some experience with meditation and learning from different systems of belief and understanding. To be breif a small part of what I am interested in is Hermetics, Tarot and Shamanic practices, but have also been reading a little about Enochian and Egyptian Magick. (The Egyptian theme reaches far back into childhood)

I'm currently only doing relaxtion and tarot contemplation rituals , and have managed to make a rough altar and tools while I attempt to aquire better working tools although I've made some good progress so far. I feel I have been guided to a particular pantheon of god energies to work with in my Magickal work, some representing aspects I wish to attain/balance and one in particular being a presence I wish to learn more from, being the capstone of my magickal work.

So I'm new here and to Magick practice, although I've been into things of this sort for some years and practiced meditation, had some mystical occurances both spontanious and induced (either consciously or via working with a natural substance in a shamanic manner).

I've recently discovered the influence of Hermes in my thoughts and
workings and have begun to understand and apply some principals of the tree of life to my situation to resolve some issues. Thoth came up in my contemplation rituals a few times and I discovered that Hermes/Thoth are the same or at least similar. Since going with this I've found that I'm able to understand the Tarot cards in a much deeper and broad way, as well as being able to relate their meanings to my path. So I'm interested in exploring this more, and on a similiar note seek contact with my guide.

It was only the other day I felt guided to finallise the method of calling on the Pantheon I've decided to use. How to lay out the symbols representing them, and how to symbolise my unity with them for magick work. It seemed very natural and to have multi-layered meaning for me so I'm trying to get hold of some altar objects to represent this.

I'm interested in lucid dreaming and astral projection, I've become lucid very breifly a few times and have been keeping a dream diary since my ritual work commenced and my recall is improving. In regards to astral projection I've had a spontanious OBE at age 11 or 12 (23 now) and a few breif ones since then. For the past few years its been an ongoing quest of sorts to achieve that state consciously, and to explore it much more than the breif glimpses have allowed. I'm intrigued by the Aethyr system and have worked with 3/4 of the Archangels of the directions, albeit in a less ritualised way previously.

My reasons for pursuing magick is both an ongoing fasination and appreciation for these things since I can remember, and particularly to take charge of my will and apply it to my circumstances in order to change my present situation, amongst various others.
I'll leave it there for now, I thought I'd try to cover the basic reasons for me joining here and explain a little what angle I'm coming from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

On another note quickly I also had a profound experience the other night following my Tarot ritual

I was laying there afterwards looking at the ceiling and it began to move and breathe! I watched this for some time, seeing patterns and shapes in the ceiling that were not visible before. Then my vision whited out and I somehow peered forward into the whiteness and saw lots of triangle/pyramids with eyes in the center. They were all staring at me. Then it faded away as suddenly as it began, I got the feeling something didn't want to startle me too much, but wanted to let me know undeniably that it was present and could "see".

Usually I get my hits through thoughts, feelings and other methods. The sight being my biggest block (both to my Lucid Dreaming and Astral attempts I feel).

I was thinking of Thoth when this happened, and had accepted that I am "The Fool" asking for guidance before Thoth.

Does anyone have any advice on this, I've really only been practicing for 22 days but have read alot of theoretical stuff before that started.

Hey ceewayne, what specifically did you want to know?

One point I should make is I'm still following Donalds beginner advice in which I'm not using the full 22 cards yet, (As he recommends for a few months to use less)so have taken some cards out. I was thinking of integrating them into the practice on my 33rd ritual.

This post has been edited by Zane Phoenix: Apr 4 2011, 07:30 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse