Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Black Mirror Skrying
gift22
post Oct 2 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

i have been trying to skry for a week and 5 days. My reflection goes and then light forms come up but nothing
How long should it take and is all of this right?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fledermaus
post Oct 2 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(gift22 @ Oct 2 2007, 09:50 AM) *
i have been trying to skry for a week and 5 days. My reflection goes and then light forms come up but nothing
How long should it take and is all of this right?

Yes, it is quite normal. You are just preparing your spirit and when it is ready you will fall into the mirror quite easily. The reason that you are still unable to skry is because you are grounding so that you are balanced and are able to return from the skry without mishap. It is a good idea to spend a few days actively grounding BEFORE your even start to skry. That way, you can bounce back and forth from skrying to the physical and back into skrying like a yo-yo.

--------------------
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Oct 4 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Hello-hello. Been a couple of months since I was last here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye.gif)

Like gift22, I'm having trouble scrying as well, and I've been doing it for about 3 months. Before I begin, I perform the LBRP, BRH, and Middle Pillar rituals. Manipulating the energy for these rituals is quite easy for me to do, and I can almost see ripples in the air when I hit the stars with the palm of my hand to charge them, but I'm blind as a bat (almost) when it comes to scrying. It seems that I am more of a Dee than a Kelly.

When I look into the mirror, I almost immediately see the haze clouding my vision (eventually becoming darkness that covers my periphrial vision) shortly followed by pinpoints and patches of light-- but that's it. I know the lights are supposed to congeal into images, but that rarely happens, and when it does, it's only for a few moments. Also, I sometimes feel a sense of lightness and veretigo off and on in deep sessions. Why am I not seeing more? I've been doing this every day for three months-- am I doing something wrong? And can you give a timeframe as to how long it usually takes to become proficient in scrying with a black mirror?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

gift22
post Oct 4 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

im exactly like that. My lbrp is having great effects. Im quite worried since im sure scrying is a key practise.

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Oct 4 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Scrying helps develope the astral senses, which can in turn assist the development in other areas of one's magickal path. Evoking spirits into the black mirror is an immediate benefit and can act as a crutch until one gains the skill to evoke spirts to our physical world. Other benefits of scrying allow one to see the past or future depending on what question you ask it via either signs and symbols or actual scenes being played before your eyes. Finally, mastering scrying allows for an easy transition of one's sight to viewing other's auras, and by reading the aura, one can know heart and thoughts of the one being read. In conclusion, proficiency in scrying has quite a number benefits and is an extremely valuable tool in any magician's arsenal.

People like you and me have no problems raising power for rituals, charging sigils (like for Chaos Magick), or working Psionics, but unfortunately our handicap early on is the lack of observable results. Basically, we're working in the blind. But just because you don't see what you are doing right now doesn't mean you aren't doing anything, so don't get discouraged. Keep working at it. Many neophytes try magick at first but cease the Arte shortly after because they don't get the immediate, observable results that they expect.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

gift22
post Oct 4 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

wait, should i have my refection on the mirror or should it be blank when i look at it. would this make difference.
Thank you slayden foe the info

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Oct 5 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

I am curious about this as well. Some say that you should see your reflection in the black mirror and that your reflection will change into a vision for your answers, while others say tilt the mirror back enough so that you cannot see your reflection. Personally, I tend to opt for tilting it back because reflections can be distracting. I just started doing this and I'm getting quicker results in seeing the lights, but again, I seem to get hung up once I reach a certain point in scrying and I need to know how to progress. It's rather frustrating to make quick progress in a few days of scrying then get stuck at one point for a few months with no progress.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

gift22
post Oct 5 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

well since we work well with ritualistic work an sigil work surley you can boost up your chance of see something by creating a sigil to boost it up and then invoking a god,(not really sure about this one, say thoth, or some god that has relationships with the astral plane.

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Oct 5 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Honestly I wanted to become proficient with Ceremonial Magick before getting into other forms of magick since CM is the one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) form of magick in existence. Chaos Magick the next thing I want to master after CM because the sigilization and charging of the sigils makes it a very potent and extremely flexible system to master. I agree that scrying is pretty good for getting information and all that jazz but it is more of a stepping stone for me in my progress toward becoming a Ceremonial Magician.

I could try it at least, though I'm not sure how long Chaos Magick takes before one begins to see noticible results.

Another thing I'll work on is astral projection. I've been trying it off and on but I should really practice it every day. I know that learning to AP properly exponentially improves one's astral senses.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Oct 8 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

Hello-o? I'm still looking for multiple solutions on how to develop my astral senses. I'm just starting to work on the Chaos Magick bit and staying consistent in APing, but I would still like some answers to my original questions, like why am I hung up at a certain point and how long it usually takes to get good at scrying (good enough to see an entity).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Joseph
post Nov 23 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(gift22 @ Oct 4 2007, 01:49 PM) *
wait, should i have my refection on the mirror or should it be blank when i look at it. would this make difference.
Thank you slayden foe the info

Greetings Gift 22, and Slayden,

The actual method of Black Mirror Scrying was rediscovered in the 1970's for Ceremenial Magick users by (Poke Runyan). He is the Founder of the Order of the Temple of Asrtarte. The method requires two practitioners within the circle of magick. One member, the Magician does the evoking, while the other does the actual act of Scrying into the Black Mirror.

My wife and I have adopted this method to the Black Mirror Scrying. The Magician uses the Conjurations and Words and Names of Power according to the system they are working with, whether that is Solomnic, or Phoenician, or any other Ancient System. The Scryer who does the actual gazing into the Black Mirror should first see their reflection with the two lit candles next to the Mirror. The actual reflection should change as if you were looking into any Mirror for prolonged amounts of time and seeing the reflection alter to look almost foreign to you.

The images of anothers face or reflection of a Conjured or Evoked God/dess, or Spirit comes from the Collective Unconscious aspects from deep within the Scryers own Psyche. These images will come after a period of gazing even if you receive no utterance from the Scryer. The Magician Proper asks the scryer if they have receiived a form of image in the Scrying mirror and if they have an utterance. The Deity, Spirit, or Daimon, which is actually represented from within the Psyche of the Collective Unconscious of the Scryer will make itself known to the Magician during the Ceremony. I.E. the aspects of the Deity, Spirit, or Daimon will sometimes alter the audio sound of the Scryers own voice. I have heard my wifes voice sound very masculine at times or authoritative to a degree that it sounds as if from a foreign voice issuing forth from her mouth to my questions. She often gets frightened after we go back over the recording of our sessions because she says she can't believe thats her voice.

One thing to remember, you must be well grounded in a System of Magick Working and able to retake control of your Psyche as a Scryer once the session has ended. Some people use a Banishing Ritual, but I find a Dismissal more in lines with the Goetia and Almadel.

Good luck with your endeavors, and remember, the first image you should see is your own, and the last image you should view should be your own as well. If any other image is forcing its way into your Psyche you need to thoroughly ground yourself to the Earth.

Respectfully,
Helel (Joseph)

This post has been edited by Joseph: Nov 23 2007, 06:31 PM

--------------------
Aude est Facere - To Dare Is To Do

+Quote Post

Anika Divinorum
post Dec 15 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #12

Initiate
Group Icon

Hi everyone. I use a black mirror but I don't like seeing any reflections in it. My question is, a lot of people say you should start by scrying things like the Hebrew alphabet first. Does this mean, to start with a letter and go back and forth from staring at the letter to staring at the mirror? Are there any other ideal symbols or ideas for people new to scrying? I suppose the tattwas could be another option. More often than not, I read posts about people that are relatively new to magick and evoking spirits and not seeing or hearing anything. I think scrying practice should be as important as doing banishing/grounding rituals everyday. Thank you.

+Quote Post

Dreamer
post Jan 7 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

I would suggest that you would practice skrying by using the Tattwas.

Earth (Prithivi): It's a yellow square.
Water (Apas): A white or silver crescent.
Air (Vayu): A sky-blue circle
Fire (Tejas): A red equilateral triangle.
Spirit (Akasha): A black egg.

You can make them out of colored paper; the size that I would recommend is about as the two palms of your hands connected, but this size is optional, you can use any size that fits you.

Just lower the lights and stick them to a white or black surface (most prefer white), and start skrying on them while using a breathing technique (i.e. the four-fold breathing technique could help).

After that, you can try it by using sub-tattwas, you can search these on google.

As for the black mirror, it is better to be in a dark room and place a candle behind the mirror, in order to avoid light striking it, and it also may help you avoid seeing your self.
For avoiding seeing yourself, what if you'd also adjust a bit the degrees that the mirror is placed? I'm not sure which technique are you using or whether you are allowed to do so, but it could help a bit if you are.

--------------------
"We shall dive down through black abysses...
and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever"

H.P.Lovecraft

+Quote Post

xXDaemonReignXx
post Oct 5 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

Well you said you saw can see your reflection in the mirror first thing is to tilt it up a bit so you cant see your reflection. not unless you are using the face destortion method.
than you need to have the mirror well illuminated. not to reflect the flame but a bright glow from two candles at both sides will help. the size of the mirror should be desent size too.
the incence should be of the smoke variety and placed in front of you. the twirling smoke helps

you say the mirror fades out this is the first sign that you are entering a receptive hypnotic state
then I actually feel like I am moving into the mirror and things start to pop up. no cloads or anything. I like to visualise water to kick start the images so the first thing I see is the surface of water. like ripples of water on a pond before a picture comes into perspective.

I have scryed for long times on end and I have seen places and people like remote viewing very clearly. I dont know about past and future. but present and past is very clear. sometimes the past is of things I have long forgotten.
the remote viewing thing is in extreme detail. I wonder if I could remote view a unknown location.
I am not gifted in pyshic sight. I am more of a empath so visions are not always only visual.

The prelimanary exersice to master scrying is candle gazing or tatraka. this will teach you how to stare with the fixed concentrated gaze and puts you into a trance that is neccasary for scrying. this is the most important thing. without it it is much harder.

Just do some Tatraka for 15 before hand than scry for 15 min. you will have much better results. its not just a visual thing. you dont see images in the mirror. it just an aid for self hypnosis after that you may forget the mirror and continue to have visions and recieve information not all the information from scrying is visial. it can be noises and smells aswell (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by scryer: Oct 5 2009, 09:48 PM

--------------------
“Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.”

+Quote Post

grim789
post Nov 13 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #15

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Slayden @ Oct 5 2007, 05:43 AM) *

Honestly I wanted to become proficient with Ceremonial Magick before getting into other forms of magick since CM is the one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) form of magick in existence. Chaos Magick the next thing I want to master after CM because the sigilization and charging of the sigils makes it a very potent and extremely flexible system to master. I agree that scrying is pretty good for getting information and all that jazz but it is more of a stepping stone for me in my progress toward becoming a Ceremonial Magician.

I could try it at least, though I'm not sure how long Chaos Magick takes before one begins to see noticible results.

Another thing I'll work on is astral projection. I've been trying it off and on but I should really practice it every day. I know that learning to AP properly exponentially improves one's astral senses.

Ok i am so glad you posted this response Zelator because i have been working on charging sigils and astral projection. I tried scrying but i had wrong kind of mirror (IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif) . But im getting another one soon. I am starting to develop my astral senses i am still kinda new to magick but i am working and practicing everyday. And studying auras was the first start to magick and i have been getting skilled at that. But anyways what kind of ceremonial magick do you practice?

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse