Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Skrying Mirror., is it worth the time? any alternatives?
paxx
post Oct 21 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Resident Fool
Group Icon

Never used one, never cared too, but have been doing meditative practice to do astral projection/pathworking/whatever it is (lucid dreaming while truly awake to interact in an another place or dimension.)

Ok all that said, I am looking at it as a quicker way, time will tell. Or at least a more consistent way…my current method is annoying me now that I have something I am after…not sure what but that is another story or point.

Now while I’ll recommend a circle / triangle setup for anyone who asks me…I don’t feel that is particularly useful to me, my current set of beliefs and mode of thoughts are:

1. I’m becoming minimalist in time.

2. I am willing to deal with the consequences if they come. At least until they come :-P

3. How is that triangle going to keep anything there if you do not have a strong connection to your protector?

4. If I am using the mirror to trance, how is it any different then me sitting and meditating?

5. I am getting lazy, and just want to try something new.

6. Preparing to get into trance as I do it now for this goal, takes me too long (.5~3) hours.

7. I want to use my File Cabinet altar for things other then putting CD cases on.

9. I have this witch I want to impress with my voyages into the off world.

10. I been doing intense path-working, and it is spilling into my dreams where I have less control of myself, waking up and feeling as if there is liquid in my spine after a giant spider caught me and injected me is not pleasant.

11. Meditation I like using to ground and recharge, using it for path working is messing up my meditative practice, messing with my abnormally controlled state of mind.

12. I want to do something with my 3 year old black spray-paint I have in the bottom drawer of my file cabinet /altar/cd case holder

I think I can go on and on, I see the benefits of continuing to follow my current path, but it is not working to my satisfaction.

Soooo. What advice do any of you have, is it worth being paranoid?
I honestly don’t think it is inviting more then I already do into existence…and I can cover it with a tee shirt when not in use :-P

What have you found of use with the black mirror?

Is it worth the 2-3 weeks I will give it to produce and compare results?

Will I be able to bounce my laser pointer off of it?

Any cool ideas to accomplish the same results (get into trance to do pathworking) in a faster way.

Just so you understand, I typically will have to do some hatha yoga or work out (with mellow music, not my norm) to quiet the mind depending on my state of mind. This can take longer or shorter. Sometimes I can just sit and go, but if I am not getting it after 15 minutes…I then have to resort to yoga, and so the 15 minutes are wasted.

Between all the normal rituals LBRP, calling corners, making a sacred space……….I see it taking at least 1 hours to do it and undo it.

Chanting seems like a cool idea.

Spinning and chanting really attracts my attention…but need to be outside for that, too many thorns in the backyard for my tastes of spinning…means park.

Ok I am rambling for no reason other then to enjoy this keyboard.

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. I am going with Chaos type answers cause I am not sure other would get my orientation, If I should ask there, I expect I will get the “take all the steps answer” and that is not worth my time except in that it would keep my mellow out meditation, split from my lets see other worlds meditation.

Thanks all,

-Paxx

--------------------
--Paxx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Oct 21 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Here is a quick way to make a magic mirror.
1. Take a flat glass mirror and paint the back with either Black lacquer paint or silver amalgam.
2. Load the magic mirror with whatever power you wish. ie...light/akashic principles or the elements.etc.

By the way, thats a way to make one per Iniation into Hermetic's by Franz Bardon.It'll take as long as you want it to take it doesn't have to take 3 weeks to make. There are different ways to make one do a search here or google it. So thats just some food for thought.

gmcbroom

+Quote Post

SeekerVI
post Oct 21 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Don't use just one mirror, use two, so that everything is re-reversed. It's a real pain in the neck to get directions to someplace and only later find that everything is the opposite.
You might also want to look up how to construct a psychomanteum. It's basically a reflective surface in a dark room that you stare at. I recall the idea came from some archaeologist who stole got the idea from a Roman or Greek ruin.

--------------------
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
- Saul Bellow

+Quote Post

paxx
post Oct 23 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #4

Resident Fool
Group Icon

Thanks for the answers so far. The word psychomanteum was a real boon.

I feel I must clear up a bit of my post.

I figure 3 weeks to get some level of proficiency to see if there is value behind it.

I know how to construct a skrying mirror, coincidently I constructed 2 (just in case I screwed one up) but they where fine.

I do need to figure out how to do the reflection of a reflection thing and still be able to take the first reflection. This will take some thought.

Also I am not sure it matters, as I plan on using it to “step through” or as a stepping stone then close my eyes and go where I am skrying.

However I am more interested in what practices have had success for you, what are the minimum necessary items, what are not?

Lots of candles, none?

Stare at your reflection or not see your reflection?

Force a image onto the surface, or let whatever come to come?

However thanks.

--------------------
--Paxx

+Quote Post

sycho
post Nov 14 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif) This is my system i haven't used it to astral project but I have used it to channel spirits successfully

First I make my psychic tea

1 tbls-Mug wort
1 tsp-lemon balm
1 tsp-peppermint
1 tsp-yarrow
1/4 tsp-cinnamon
1/4 tsp-ground clove
1 ion 3-pinch spearmint
1-2-pinch wormwood -(careful even that much will make it to bitter to drink)
optional- honey to sweeten but deludes the power of the tea
Add to 8 to 10 Oz boiled water steep for ten minuets

Drink in pre-meditation then i meditate in till I’m centered and fell calm. Next I look into the magic mirror and let my face and surroundings go out of focus. I continue to gaze into the mirror in till i get the urge to say hello and i introduce myself and ask there spirits name.
At the end i say good bye and bid the spirit farewell. I have even contacted psychological entities from my own mid this way
USE A CIRCLE OF PROTECTION IF YOU FEEL ANYTHING NEGATIVE STOP .[b] When i started i didn't use a circle and channeled what i thought was a dark part of my psych and i entertained it for some time before i realized it was to take over me through subversion
At one point it felt like it was me. And i was it but other times we were separate entities. And it fought like a b#$%h when i banished it and cleansed the mirror. And still to this day it try's to come back. Even though i have a new mirror

--------------------
ALL THINGS BOUND BY THE LAWS OF NATURE--EVEN THE GODS

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse