Reply to this topicStart new topic
 A Possible Angelic Evo(invo?)cation
Petrus
post Jun 25 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

(First, a bit of background)

So the last few days, I've had bad gout in one foot, and reduced renal function as well.

My mother and an aunt recommended I go to a doctor, but the reason why I haven't yet is because this isn't the first time I've had gout, and the first time I did, when I went to the local GP here, after taking a blood test, he announced my kidney fine and wasn't able to offer me further diagnosis, let alone treatment.

I've been dogged by medical incompetence my entire life. My current renal situation started at the age of four, when I developed complications that led to kidney stones, due to the delayed diagnosis of a bladder reflux problem. (Although, in medical astrological terms, the scenario shows up very clearly in my natal chart; Pluto in Libra in the 7th house)

The stones occurred repeatedly in the left kidney, to the point where I ended up having it removed in 1990. I will confess I haven't been good to the other one, either; there has been binge alcoholism and long-term consumption of Coca Cola, although the alcohol consumption largely ended several years ago. The Coke consumption, however, ended only recently.

Anyway, I'm lying in bed, in not an insignificant amount of pain. The gout was originally only in one foot, but since spread to the other, and although the first foot has now largely healed thanks to some self-medication, the second has flared up considerably.

I was going through my mind, wondering how I was going to find a doctor to hopefully help me recover from this situation, now that I've determined to be more responsible with my diet. "If I could just find one good/competent doctor!" was a final mental thought.

A few seconds after that, I suddenly and entirely randomly had the thought of how Fio Prater Humanus wrote here that he'd been able to evoke the archangel Raphael Tiphareth, and also the reference in the book "Summoning Spirits," to Raphael Tiphareth being "the Divine Physician." The thought initially caused me to draw in breath sharply; I've done some reading on the Golden Dawn recently and by their standards, I apparently wouldn't even qualify as a neophyte; Nero (I think that was his other name on here) was fairly obviously a lot more experienced. I also wasn't in any shape to get up and go into the back room and attempt to draw up a circle either, let alone equipped for the task.

Still, I thought to myself. He's an archangel, right? If I'm respecful, I assume he probably won't bite.

So I sent out the thought, "I would not even begin to presume to attempt to evoke you at my current almost non-existent level of advancement, noble Sir, but I wonder if I may offer a prayer?" I didn't mentally verbalise the nature of the problem; I figured he'd be able to determine it better than I could explain it anywayz. A few seconds later, I was a little startled to mentally get what seemed like a reply.

"And what will you offer me in return, if I render you this assistance?"

This caused me to panic momentarily, as I didn't have anything to offer on hand.

"Forgive me, Sir, but I am a man of extremely limited means. Would it be acceptable if I were to offer you public praise and recognition online, as I have seen another do?"

There was a pause.

"It is."

For some reason I got the impression however, that he was very slightly miffed about it, but that it wasn't a huge issue.

I then had a vague impression of him coming into the room. I didn't get strong visuals, but did get a sense of great height in particular (my ceiling is around 9 feet up; I think he would have been about 12) I also had an equally vague sense of disapproval directed at the statue of Bhadra Kali which I keep opposite my bed; he apparently considered it unlikely that she would help me heal from this, but that could have been just me.

I then had a sense of heat rising from my feet, moving up to my shins, knees, and then calves, as well as a transfer of the pain in the same direction. There was some kidney pain immediately after that as well, but nothing major.

"Your kidney is indeed greatly taxed. It is under siege, and near exhaustion."

He didn't say anything else, and I didn't have any other sensory impressions as far as my kidney or legs were concerned at that point, either.

After a few seconds I mentally gave him license to depart. "I trust, Sir, that when you are finished, you will graciously depart, and again, I thank you for your assistance."

There was no further reply, other than when I was mentally repeating this experience several times to commit it to memory. He seemed to complain that continuing to think about him in that manner had the effect of inadvertently re-summoning him, so I told him that he need not consider it such.

Results? Although I bought a kilogram of cherries earlier, which are also supposed to be excellent for gout, as I currently sit here typing this, the earlier pain I was experiencing is now almost entirely non-existent, to the point where I was at least able to get up in order to type this, and will possibly be able to go to the supermarket over the road from me as well. Since it's only been a few hours, time will tell as to whether or not it assists me in healing.

In the event that it does work, however, I do genuinely very much offer my thanks and praise of Raphael for his treatment of my condition. I also offer an endorsement. Assuming this does work, and it wasn't merely a product of my imagination, for people who are ill, it seems that as his reputation states, he's definitely the Angel to see.

I hope I will not be chastised excessively for lack of caution by Mr. Curi, bym, or the other more experienced evocationists here. I get the feeling I may have successfully called Michael once before as well, and to be honest with him at least I actually got the impression that he greatly preferred not being called into a triangle like some common demon.

I found an image somewhere else online which I thought I'd link, as it definitely matches what limited visuals I felt I had; short or tightly curly hair, and a vaguely foppish/18th century type appearance. It's interesting; given his assumed age, his choice of clothing must at some point have been positively futuristic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:http://www.pyracantha.com/images/raphael.jpg)

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Jun 25 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #2

Theurgist
Group Icon

Congratulations on your operation. I hope the results are beyond your expectations. The only critique I would like to offer is in the future be sure to test any spirit that appears to you, but I understand sometimes when you are desperate you could care less who exactly the spirit is as long as he does what you need done.

Do keep us updated to your results. Also if he does come through for you, Raphael has a particular fondness for yellow roses.

--------------------

+Quote Post

bym
post Jun 25 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
Now why would you deserve a chastisement? You already know the answer to that.
Watch the heavy proteins and stay away from processed foods! Oh...the Coke can cause phosphate stones that will accumulate in the kidney(s)...drink pure water (NOT distilled!). Be well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/33.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Jun 25 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fio Praeter Humanus @ Jun 26 2008, 12:00 AM) *
Congratulations on your operation. I hope the results are beyond your expectations. The only critique I would like to offer is in the future be sure to test any spirit that appears to you, but I understand sometimes when you are desperate you could care less who exactly the spirit is as long as he does what you need done.

Do keep us updated to your results. Also if he does come through for you, Raphael has a particular fondness for yellow roses.

Thank you!

It seems to have been extremely successful. When I woke up earlier, the pain in my feet and ankles was almost entirely gone. There had earlier been some moderate stiffness in my knees due to having spent a few days in bed, but that has almost entirely gone as well. I was also feeling unusually clear mentally. As far as testing the spirits is concerned, do you have anything I could read on doing that? From what little I understand, it involves making the elemental signs, I know. Is there much else involved with the process?

I'm going to have to get better with banishing as well, I've realised; after a few minor things I've done in the back room, my housemate and his girlfriend have occasionally complained of some vaguely disturbing sights in the house, as well. Nothing truly nasty; a cat in the peripheral vision here, an unidentified male figure seen momentarily there. Definitely cause for more use of the LBRP though I assume.

I will definitely have to go to the local florist and get some yellow roses as well!

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Jun 25 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Jun 26 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Greetings!
Now why would you deserve a chastisement? You already know the answer to that.

Well, I wasn't expecting anything harsh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I just know that technically speaking, a circle and the other particulars are considered good for safety. Admittedly, I normally don't advocate the type of bedroom procedure I engaged in here, myself; but as Fio Prater Humanus said, when you're desperate, sometimes it happens.

Thanks for the dietary tips, too. I'm moving to pescatarianism; fish is apparently allowed, some types at least. Am definitely on the water as well. Someone told me that gout can also be caused by a phosphorous deficiency to a degree, and given that I got the gout a few days after, I'm considering it a possibility. I think a blood test could be good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Jun 25 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

One last brief update.

After reading Fio Prater's suggestion of yellow roses, as mentioned I went out and grabbed some; it was a minor adventure in the sense that of the two florists near me, the first didn't have any. I saw a bunch of orange ones there, and contemplated grabbing those, but suddenly felt that I had to be very specific; yellow it was! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The second florist was selling bunches of ten. That was a little more than I'd originally planned, but given that I've recently developed an interest in herbalism among other things, Raphael is one spirit who I wouldn't mind establishing a good friendship with, so I figured it wouldn't hurt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohyeah.gif)

I definitely like the idea of establishing something of a friendship with evoked beings. Although tbh I'm only really planning on working directly with more auspicious beings, (certainly at least at first, anywayz) I feel that even with the angelics, I'm still likely to catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/respect.gif)

This post has been edited by Petrus: Jun 25 2008, 11:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post Jun 26 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Raphael the angel is mentioned in (some) Bibles as a spirit of healing, driving away Asmodai with fish. The most meager searching online for Raphael should give you lots of positive support for connecting it to healing.

I have sometimes heard grumbling about the attribution of Raphael to the solar powers and Michael to those of mercury. From experience I couldn't tell you anything on the angels, but from the armchair mercury might be understood as knowledge of healing and the solar powers tend to focus on wellness and recovery themselves.

This spirit has been called upon as an intercessor for thousands of years, more or less exclusively for healing. We should be pretty well aware that the "procedure" employed through all that time was diverse and very far from ceremonial magic in most cases, so don't beat yourself up on a matter of form.

As for testing spirits, especially something so widely-known as Raphael the Archangel, I would not be too confident in making little gestures or drawing signs in the air. If you feel uneasy about something, the best weapon for testing any spirit is going to be your careful determination to analyze what happens and compare that to watever you feel is in your best interests. I have grave doubts that making "the proper sign" would seriously help or hinder any spirit powerful enough to warrant your personal audience.

Most people approach the angels as intermediate spirits who relay human prayers to God and are not normally expected to claim gifts on their own accord. I may have missed it in your recounting, but did you offer the prayer to God? Though I wouldn't discourage you, from what is said of angels, Raphael might value this above any material service.

Apart from this episode and from any consideration of invoking angels for this or other reasons, are you motivated to become more "spiritual" or prayerful as a result of your apparent revitalization?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Jun 26 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Imperial Arts @ Jun 26 2008, 05:03 PM) *

Most people approach the angels as intermediate spirits who relay human prayers to God and are not normally expected to claim gifts on their own accord. I may have missed it in your recounting, but did you offer the prayer to God? Though I wouldn't discourage you, from what is said of angels, Raphael might value this above any material service.

Due to her own apparent possible contact with me, and what I also believe to be her ongoing protection of me, (as well as feeling as though in some respects, there's a bit more accessibility/commonality than what I experienced with Christianity) I will admit to having adopted (or having been adopted by (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) Kali Ma as my primary deity. I was praying to her on a previous night for pain relief, and actually felt that that prayer was answered as well, (at least, the pain subsided for a while) however truthfully I tend to view Kali's areas as being more personal development and spiritual protection rather than physical healing per se.

I'm usually paranoid about the idea of cultural appropriation where Hinduism in particular is concerned, and this is one of the main reasons why I haven't done more ritually than I have. Loki once wrote to me with some book references about Hindu occultism, and I'm still trying to find that post. I don't know any adherents of Hinduism offline, and have been reluctant to try and make contact with any due to my own ethnicity. (I'm not ethnic Indian) On top of that, the only nearby formal Hindu organisation that I know of are ISKCON or the Hare Krishnas, and there is a lot of controversy attached to them arguably being a cult group.

I've thus tried to develop with Kali where I can, but the amount of truly useful information I've been able to scrounge from the Internet has been limited. I went to the Theosophical Society bookshop here in Melbourne a bit back to try and find something there, but there were only a couple of books; there's loads of stuff on Ganapati/Ganesh primarily, but due presumably to some of the more barbaric forms of physical sacrifice that are still performed in some places, Kali apparently isn't considered politically correct.

As I've written elsewhere however, nearly all of the other ritual I've been able to find is Golden Dawn based, and uses either Egyptian or Jewish terminology. Although I no longer consider myself primarily an adherent of Christianity, my apostasy from it was initially due more to the fact that I felt unwelcome within the temporal institution, rather than any antagonism or hostility towards the associated entities themselves. Basically, Christians in every church I attended were apparently instinctively afraid of me, sometimes quite deeply and visibly so.

Because of that, the Jewish stuff doesn't bother me as such, but I've been uncertain as to the appropriateness of claiming Kali as my Ishta deva on the one hand, and then doing rituals where I'm continually making verbal invocations of the God of Israel on the other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) As I said, I still need to find Loki's old post where he mentioned some books for me.

QUOTE(Imperial Arts @ Jun 26 2008, 05:03 PM) *

Apart from this episode and from any consideration of invoking angels for this or other reasons, are you motivated to become more "spiritual" or prayerful as a result of your apparent revitalization?

Truthfully, I'm not sure my aim has been that specific.

There is an urge there to develop myself, and to try to figure out on an ongoing basis, "what works," (in terms of diet, meditation, at least some daily time spent focusing on/offering to/worshipping Kali in the few ways to do so that I've found) and an equally general desire to ensure that I'm a very different (and hopefully better) person at the end of my life than I was at the beginning, but beyond that I haven't really been able to nail it down too much. I'm recently focusing back on astrology a bit, and also learning some things about herbalism here and there as well; not only for when I myself get sick, but for the benefit of some of my relatives possibly when/if they do as well.

I'm starting to notice that my lifestyle is apparently more or less ideal for magical work at this point. Aside from a housemate and his girlfriend, I live alone, am celibate, and have recently been compelled to adopt a much more beneficial and limited dietary regime in order to attempt to maintain my health. I'm also lucky enough to have a third vacant bedroom for dedicated use as a shrine room/circle room.

Truthfully I initially wasn't intending to delve into evocation all that much, (primarily due to an initial strong distaste at the idea of essentially using spirits as a substitute for Santa Claus) but I will admit to continuing to be insufferably curious about it and interested in it, despite my moral concerns, as well as the stated opinion of Mr Curi in particular that I am nowhere near developmentally ready for such adventures.

I do want to set as a moral ground rule for myself that I only work with positive/auspiciously minded beings, however. This is for a couple of reasons. The first is safety, the second is that I generally at least hope that I don't have malefic or overly materialistic intentions, and the third is that according to her background, Kali is primarily a slayer of demons, and I thus have no desire to offend her by wilfully inviting demonic entities into a space which I have asked her to protect.

Also, as far as offering the prayer to "God," was concerned, according to my own belief system, that's a little too generic. In my own interpretation, at least up to this point, "God," in generic terms, refers to what has been called the Holy Spirit, or what I would more specifically describe as a central guiding positive force of intent; thus if I was to pray to "God," for assistance, I'd still very much have the expectation that He (or It) would very likely send Raphael to help me anyway, since what I needed was in Raphael's area of expertise/jurisdiction.

This I feel is also inline with the idea in physics, that Nature values conservation of energy. To me it doesn't make as much sense to have an overall being (God) with all of the knowledge that currently exists, and then have beings like the Archangels or 360 heads with duplicates of the individual parts of that knowledge as well.

I see God as more like the head of a government; rather than actually doing things him/her/itself directly, he/she/it is more a provider of instructions and strategies, and works exclusively through intercessories. If something needs to be done, the being with the appropriate knowledge/authority is dispatched to perform the task; and I see this as being a lot like the role Bardon describes an evocationist playing, actually; if they actually see themselves as representing or standing in for the Divine. They're basically issuing orders to spirits in exactly the way that I could envision God doing.

If I didn't know who to ask for, I would have asked God for help in general terms, yes, and left it up to him to decide who to send to intercede; but I felt it appropriate to ask for Raphael directly in this case, since if we were going to use the analogy of God as Commander in Chief, as it's been said, Raphael would be referred to as the Surgeon General. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Petrus: Jun 26 2008, 04:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Jul 11 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

One other question about Raphael; for some reason I've found myself thinking of him when listening to Vivaldi in general, and Pachabell's Cannon in particular. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a particular association of his, or is it just me?

--------------------

+Quote Post

JackConnor
post Aug 31 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

Just a few questions from a neophyte.. why would an archangel, a being of light and good intention, require any kind of sacrifice or offering at all? Why would the angel of healing ask for a vanity picture in a forum thread in exchange for doing the job given to him by God? Doesn't that seem a bit out of character to anyone?

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Sep 6 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(JackConnor @ Sep 1 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Just a few questions from a neophyte.. why would an archangel, a being of light and good intention, require any kind of sacrifice or offering at all? Why would the angel of healing ask for a vanity picture in a forum thread in exchange for doing the job given to him by God? Doesn't that seem a bit out of character to anyone?

I don't personally consider a certain amount of recognition to be an excessive thing to ask for. Spirits in general, from what I've read anyway, tend to expect something in return for what they do; that isn't just confined to demons. It's also possible that the reason why he asked for an offering is simply because I expected him to; I got what I was expecting, not necessarily how he alone might have felt.

--------------------

+Quote Post

altpath
post Sep 10 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(JackConnor @ Aug 31 2008, 11:10 PM) *
Just a few questions from a neophyte.. why would an archangel, a being of light and good intention, require any kind of sacrifice or offering at all?

Are you in a good position to know if that's really out of character for Raphael? Not a question out of hostility, but I'm just curious about this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like angels as much as daemons, and I don't think either of those types of entity work for free. Just my experience.

--------------------
www.occult-desires.com/english/
Lust/Love, Money, Healing, Divinations - SpellWork with Daemonic Aid

www.occult-desires.com/espanol/
Ahora disponible en Espaņol, con servicios mas baratos para los Mexicanos.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Oct 11 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

As another update to this thread, I was only just on my way home from Melbourne on the train, not even an hour ago, when I remembered that I hadn't done the LBRP yet, and I've been trying to do it daily now. Making use of the Chaote flexibility, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) with the aid of a pocket compass I did it on the train.

That hasn't been the only time I've done so, either...at least to a lesser degree. Before I fully knew the LBRP, I had done the Qabbalistic Cross once in bed, and once in the shower, and in the former case at least, I received fairly compelling evidence of its' effectiveness. This would tend to suggest to me that as long as sincerity and due deliberation is applied, the location in which at least these two rituals are performed is largely irrelevant. The full LBRP is a little more awkward in some locations, primarily due to the need for the directions, but as long as you have a compass with you, (which I now generally do, for that and other reasons) it is still possible.

The relevance to this thread is that, not only was I wide awake afterwards, when before I had been fighting off falling to sleep, but my feet had also previously been sore, and my legs stiff from walking around the city earlier. Although the pain still hasn't entirely gone, it had been reduced by probably 90%, and my legs were no longer as stiff, either.

Given that he is one of the angels evoked by the LBRP, although this was not something I specifically asked for at all, I again give Raphael credit, and thank him for this. I don't have any yellow roses at the moment, but I am playing an mp3 currently of Pachabel's Cannon, since my mother had it playing the day after my first evocation of him, and for some reason I had quite a strong impression that he likes Vivaldi. This might be of aid to anyone else attempting to evoke him.

I will also re-iterate what I said earlier; that if anyone else who reads this has dire medical problems, in my own (admittedly very limited) experience, where evocation is concerned, Raphael is overwhelmingly the man to see. He has done outstanding work for me, and is friendly and fast; he is highly recommended.

This post has been edited by Petrus: Oct 11 2008, 02:37 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse