Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 King Of Kings, lord of lords
Casadeluna
post May 5 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

i'm confident in my saying that all of us here have seen felt experiance delt with other beings or strange entitys, now i ask you, where did they come from if not your own mind, maybe someone else's mind, a common belief that this god does this, and this god does that, but what are we really doing besides giving labels to a feeling or experiance that cannot be labled, were doing our best as humans to make sense of something so vast and powerful sense as we know it cannot be made. what would happen if we let our feelings take us over instead of symbols, letters, sayings, words, ideas, thoughts, ? my question is basicly, and i know there may be differences among the responses, each entitled to you own opinion without fearful criticism, is there one ring to rule them all?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 5 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

biting my tongue (too much data to bother with the porch) and wandering off - of course it might be the pussy khat i had the other day - i prefer the divine but somebody gave me some

This post has been edited by esoterica: May 6 2009, 05:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

ron stafford
post May 5 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

If you want to find the Ring That Rules Them All,you need to stand in front of a mirror.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post May 6 2009, 05:27 AM
Post #4

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

sweet answer!

>>let our feelings take us over instead of symbols, letters, sayings, words, ideas, thoughts

This post has been edited by esoterica: May 6 2009, 05:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Lucifer
post Aug 20 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(ron stafford @ May 5 2009, 03:19 PM) *

If you want to find the Ring That Rules Them All,you need to stand in front of a mirror.

I like this answer.

--------------------
My Profile: http://www.magickcircles.com/BadGirl

+Quote Post

Azrael lee
post Aug 20 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #6

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

rule your self or theres rule you

--------------------
Be spiderwebbed and glazed in frost
She wears death beautifully
More stunning now than in her life
On a bed of autumn leaves
Into her eyes and quite surprised
I whispered don't you leave
Sing macabre songs and we'll dance til dawn on all

Hallows eve

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Aug 20 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #7

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

I like this answer.

I second the liking.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

XIXxApolloxXIX
post Oct 1 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Casadeluna @ May 5 2009, 08:07 AM) *

i'm confident in my saying that all of us here have seen felt experiance delt with other beings or strange entitys, now i ask you, where did they come from if not your own mind, maybe someone else's mind, a common belief that this god does this, and this god does that, but what are we really doing besides giving labels to a feeling or experiance that cannot be labled, were doing our best as humans to make sense of something so vast and powerful sense as we know it cannot be made. what would happen if we let our feelings take us over instead of symbols, letters, sayings, words, ideas, thoughts, ? my question is basicly, and i know there may be differences among the responses, each entitled to you own opinion without fearful criticism, is there one ring to rule them all?

well, casadeluna
i must say u have a very good question, but of course (as the others before me) i have an answer as well!
1st
to answer ur first q;
where did they come from......
i cannot answer this exactly but as most they precede "us" and usually have something to do with time before we have dawned. also i believe they do not come from our mind at all ( most of the time lol) but come through us as a medium, a link to both worlds, if i may say. for instance symbols shapes beliefs etc, all play a crucial role to people when they experience this because when making these connections with dieties gods patrons etc. we influence them in appearence and behavior etc. BUT i think that because symbols ceated by man for man to use to summon evoke or call these beings they simply reflect upon the medium ( you ) and the mediums tools (our symbols alters offerings etc.)

2nd q
what would happen if we let our feelings take us over instead of symbols, letters, sayings, words, ideas, thoughts, ?

i believe and have experienced this exact instance. ( which is why i study so many different religions)
i went through an outer body experience at the age of 4 ( yes the age of 4 ) due to a sudden and very enlitening accident....
a shelf ( large heavy and made of steel ) had fallen on me and cut open my head.
after the accident occured i ( rite aftr the shelf landed on me) i remember watching my body on the floor motionless and a large pool of blood everywhere, (being young i had no influence of symbols religion etc. except that there was a god and the belief of good and bad) as i watched my body all i felt was this weird warmth, and lightness like i could do whatever i wanted (like fly ) also i remember watching my body getting picked up by my uncle ad it talked to him! it was friggen alive and talking! ( though i dunno wat it was saying i wasnt really paying attention ( again i was 4) lol
but eventually after wat seemed to be forever i felt weird. and i started to feel heavey and tired, and i jus closed ( what i guess was my eyes though i dont remember blinking or breathing during this time) and i woke up in a hospital with a thing on my head. lol
so from my experience thats wat happens.

as for ur last question, as in both our modern and ancient worlds there is always a supreme all powerfull entity

hope it helped some
apollo

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Oct 29 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(ron stafford @ May 6 2009, 07:19 AM) *

That's the LHP answer, yes.

To put it in slightly less dualistic terms, however, I believe that we have the potential for it to become the case; but I would advise extreme caution when it comes to assessing whether or not you are at that point yet, in terms of your current level of development.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

xXDaemonReignXx
post Oct 29 2009, 04:03 AM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

I third the liking. I say there is no God but our selves. we rule our own perception. we rule our own understanding.
If there was an all powerful God it would be all encompassing and thus incapable of personality. to make judgment to like or dislike. because it would be everything at once it could not separate into duality without breaking its perfection.

--------------------
“Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.”

+Quote Post

Kath
post Oct 29 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

I view many, probably most, maybe 'all' religious deities as 'super-egregores'. we create them to suit archetypes of our own design, and then we fuel them with belief, focus, & energy, making them into something more than just a figment.

The same could be said for other 'named' entities with official archetypal duties and such, like goetics for example. although they are more complex since they are a sort of compound egregore, being first the gods of cultures neighboring the hebrews, and then the demons of the hebrews' religious xenophobia.

I think that 'many' "entities" which people encounter, are actually bits of their subconscious mind.
__

BUT, I also think that there is such a thing as genuine human-independent "astral wildlife" which can vary from very simple beings to very vast ones.

And I also think that there is such a thing as a "true deity" which I define as any being with a dually finite (having persona) and infinite (depersonalized/vast) nature. in my model a bodhisattva is actually a fair example of a true deity (assuming they are in the state they claim to be). Such a deity is not dedicated to rain or fertility or the moon or any such archetypal human concept, but is an infinite, omniscient being which paradoxically retains individuality in the form of a persona which can be interacted with. following a khemetic/hindu notion of deity as a dumbed down interface between finite man and the ultimate divine, 'the all'. I don't think you actually find beings like this in religions though, since tapping into a direct & real experience with such a being is a fairly rare thing, and creating & worshiping an egregore is a fairly common thing. I think that any spark of connection with a true deity is rapidly drowned out by the egregore experience in organized religion.

all of which is an extremely condensed version of my view, hopefully not too condensed.

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Laila
post Oct 31 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Aug 21 2009, 02:33 AM) *

I like this answer.
I second the liking.

third to like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE(Azrael lee @ Aug 20 2009, 05:21 PM) *

like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
http://marsskarlet.weebly.com/

photo GodLucifer_zps72c53be8.png
Was and stay loyal :D to my father..teacher..master...guide.......God.....

+Quote Post

SharkLover
post Oct 6 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Azrael lee @ Aug 20 2009, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(xXDaemonReignXx @ Oct 29 2009, 04:03 AM) *

I third the liking. I say there is no God but our selves. we rule our own perception. we rule our own understanding.
If there was an all powerful God it would be all encompassing and thus incapable of personality. to make judgment to like or dislike. because it would be everything at once it could not separate into duality without breaking its perfection.

QUOTE(ron stafford @ May 5 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Agree ^^ + They are Aliens ^^

This post has been edited by SharkLover: Oct 6 2014, 04:57 PM

--------------------
http://delightearth.weebly.com

+Quote Post

SharkLover
post Oct 6 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

OR if you want to know of ... IS KING ANU HE WAS AND IS AND WILL BE KING OF THE KINGS GOD OF THE GODS Always and 4EVER (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/001.gif)

--------------------
http://delightearth.weebly.com

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse