Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Hexing Someone
grim789
post Mar 14 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

So i was wondering about hexing someone i was reading Anton Szandor LaVey's Satanic Bible and there is a passage in there that describes hexing someone. And from what i got from it (Just my own interpretation of it). Was that when hexing someone that they have to know of it even if they dont believe in magick or anything just the fact they know your putting a hex on them can trip them up and cause problems. But i was curious what if you did'nt tell the person that you were hexing them and they had no clue about it would it still have an effect on them? What are your ideas on this? This caught my attention i figured if you curse them without them knowing that the effect would be the same am i right to assume this?

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Mar 14 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

The whole point of letting someone 'know' of the hex is related to the placebo effect.
I've seen 'hexes' work when the 'target' was/is unaware of the hex. Still...you must make the 'target' aware of the attack (like making the target receive the intended violence)
before you get results. A bullet does the same thing, the target may be totally unaware of the shooter and the gun but will still fall victim to the bullet as it hits them. There are
odd cases where the recipient is unconcious of being struck...onlt to find out years down the line of a bullet that is resident within their body! Odd, yes! Typical, NO!
Hexing can work in two ways...either through the placebo effect, where the victim convinces themselves of the eventuality of the hex working thereby having their own
subconcious alter their behavior so that they find themselves in harmful situations or that they actively believe the harm into being (psychosomatics) directly in their body.
The other way is by actually causing an attack upon the victim by whatever means the perpetrator wishes to use that is NOT actively known by the victim. There are ways
of alerting the recipients unconcious mind to an attack and then letting the placebo effect work or by actually causing harmful energies to enter the sphere of influence of the victim.
Sympathetic magic, contagion magic, etc. all encompass methods to bring about these influences. You also have defenses against these attacks...utilizing the exact same
methods of the attacker at your disposal in order to defend yourself! When dealing with the unseen it is handy to have astrong array of astral energy fields working. Psionics can
be countered. Magic can be countered. La Vey was dealing with the placebo effect when he was speaking on this. By using the placebo effect, the attacker doesn't have to
expend much personal energy to achieve his/her desired results. The human mind is extremely inventive when it comes to this! Demons have got nothing over the inventive
horror that human beings can inflict on themselves/others! Yuck!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

grim789
post Mar 15 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Ha thank you bym very insightful. the bullet metaphor actually helped out quite a bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). Yes i was just curious on this it was confusing to me i just needed some insightful information on it appreciate the post.

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse