Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Choosing crystals that work for you, How can we find the right crystal at the right time?
Radiant Star
post May 6 2005, 05:37 AM
Post #1

Theoricus
Group Icon

I have a thoughts that crystals only work for people if they are genuinely in need of that particular energy or they are suited to the crystal itself. I have had crystals that I don't feel particularly attracted to and have not noticed any effects; if this is the case, would it be that I block the crystals energies since I am subconsciously rejecting them or that there are indeed crystals that suit each person at various times?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 6 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #2

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

From my experiences I find that crystal tend to pick you and not the other way round ... they tend to have a consciousness (crystal consciousness) which can be very unpredictable ... seriously! I find some crystals to not work sometimes then work perfectly for the programming given to them (or the programming which they appear to dictate).

I find the best thing to do ... is to pick up a crystal and meditate upon it with a completely empty mind ... the trick is then to recognise any changes in your mental or physical state ... do you feel better, worse ... has an ache stopped ... do you have a more acute awareness etc??? Reach out with your mind into the crystal and ask it for an insight into its programming ....

Disregard the suggested meanings given in new age type shops for crystals ... the meaning might work perfectly for some in the way described but it is not calved in stone so to speak ....

Remember crystals contain divine and immortal energy ... they contain the entirety of creation within their energy ... they are very powerful .... and underestimated ....

I give all my crystals deep respect and treat them like living entities (they are in truth) ....

I tend to hold a crystal permitting its vibrational field to influence mine and not the other way round ... each time I hold a crystal I have no preconceptions on what to expect ... I rely on a memory link once I hold the crystal ... I permit my own sensitivity to recall the effects of a particular crystal has and then go from there ....

I find that some crystal can be awkward or stubborn!!! They refuse to generate any effect at all just for the fun of it (seriously) ....

Crystals require your love and your affection because after all they are made of universal energy ... the very energy us humans know to be unconditional love ... give a crystal unconditional love which is a love with no conditions or any expections and it will never let you down .... give a crystal a conditional love and it will work against you .... programme a crystal to a pattern which you expect and it won't work .... let a crystal be itself exerting the universal right of freewill and its self expression will work wonders on your spirit ... because after all the crystal is part of you as you are part of the crystal .... your spirit will find itself in the crystal just as the crystal will find itself in you!!!

Enjoy ....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif)

One more thing .... always go into a day dream state while choosing your crystal ... so your subconscious will be influenced by the consciousness of the right crystal for you ....

Never 'own' a crystal ... we are merely custodians of the crystal at this moment in time ... be willing to gift any crystal to the next crystal custodian when the crystal lets your subconscious know the next custodian has come along ....

Good luck .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1238.gif)

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post May 6 2005, 06:43 AM
Post #3

Theoricus
Group Icon

I have found that the general guidance in Melody's book Love is in the Earth is helpful and although there are some crystals that I would never have considered, I think your idea of letting the crystal choose you is a good way to find the one that suits your energies of the moment.

I have never been drawn to Lapis Lazuli for instance, but I have found a little shop on the Kings Road, where I feel relaxed and comfortable asking the staff for help; I think the last time I went, I was in the right frame of mind to get this crystal and did find it useful for my needs.

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 6 2005, 06:55 AM
Post #4

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

I often used to go to Glastonbury for the wonderful shops there (I can't now we live in New Zealand bohoo!!) ... one visit I was looking for a small fragment of Lapis ... and all could find in Wilderness Gems was a piece of Lapis about two inches by three inches for about 14.00 pounds .... the first time I used it in meditation I got one hell of an energy surge which went from base chakra right up my spine to my forehead ...

I then saw a matrix like web around everything in the room ... and I was never the same again!!!

The same lapis hardly does anything anymore as it has served its purpose and seeking its next custodian .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tomato.gif)

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

+Quote Post

Saintgeorge
post May 6 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif) Top posts these, and very little I can add to that already given.

In my own experience working with difficult and stubborn crystals, one can with
a lot of effort and time achieve with them, but then why bother as it is true to say
that they will find and choose you, a bit like Dragons really.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

It is very important to charge and clean them often, they do like that, and do truely
all have characters of their own. I keep some favorite pieces on my kitchen window
ledge, it is amazing how the mundane task of washing dishes can promote an
altered state of conscientious, LOL and how they grow and change some slower than others.

This post has been edited by Saintgeorge: May 6 2005, 09:34 AM

--------------------
=========================================
互户互户互户互户互户互户互

You are Ammi-seshet, Destructrice, Protectrice!
You are the Terror In front of Which Demons Tremble!
You are Desire! You are Life! That Which Burns Eternally!

互户互户互户互户互户互户互

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post May 6 2005, 09:37 AM
Post #6

Theoricus
Group Icon

is true to say that they will find and choose you, a bit like Dragons really.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

You made me laugh, I love you Saintgeorge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

babyalien
post May 6 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Mr_Merlin, that maybe right!

I work it out that wise old people learn to sense many crystals, so it's about knowing that energy, to be able to use and sense it, this maybe another reason, we must learn to sense.
beware, newbie perspective!

This post has been edited by babyalien: May 6 2005, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 6 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #8

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Hey Baby Alien less of the OLD and less of the WISE!

I am what I am ... and that is a very curious and sceptical soul. I've had an affinity with crystals since I was a 9 year old ... I would wander across quarries and mining slag heaps to find them and then tour every crystal shop in the district .... I had dreams of being a geologist ....

I am an energy being (aren't we all?) and have always been very sensitive to shifts in energy and vibrational fields ... crystals have distinct effects on energy and vibrational fields and the trick is to be sensitive enough to detect these shifts ....

Crystals contain a VERY powerful consciousness .... a very ancient power source .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

babyalien
post May 6 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

I believe by adding a perspective will help always, even from a child.

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 7 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #10

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

You are correct there Baby Alien .... Even the teacher can learn from the pupil ... and even the pupil will be the teacher at times

There should be no ranking in magic ... we all learn at different rates ... we are all one collective being anyway ... so we should all learn together ...

But sadly ... vanity and envy and jealousy are rife in the collective ... things we can all be guilty of from time to time ....

Crystals are one of my PET subjects but I by no means know everything there is to know ... I'm pretty sure there are aspects of crystals you know a darn' sight better than me ...

'we can learn together kiddo'

Tell me what type of alien are you (joke)???

--------------------

+Quote Post

josef77
post Oct 10 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #11

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello all. Been lurking for awhile & wanted to share my situation. It seems that many of you are quite experienced and I certainly would appreciate any help or comments at all.

A few months ago, I purchased a beautiful brazilian quartz crystal that is large enough to hold firmly in the palm of my hand. It has a lovely veil inside. This is the first crystal that I've purchased out of metaphysical curiousity, although as a young boy I was fascinated with rocks & gemstones and had quite a collection. I've read about how the "crystal picks you out", I wonder if this is possible even through the internet? I bought this one from a website called mineralminers.com, where they post the picture of each individual crystal available for purchase.

Anyways, I've been keeping this crystal on a bedside table all this time. I haven't done anything to "activate it" (not really sure what this actually means) and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to begin tapping into it's unique consciousness. I will say that since having this crystal about 1-2 feet away from my head during my sleeping hours, my dreams have been more vivid (in color) & memorable. I have also noticed that I've had more control over the events of the dreams themselves, rather than being a "passive observer" I feel I am more of an "active operator".

Does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

J

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse