Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Palo Mayombe
teopiltzin
post Mar 26 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about Palo Mayombe. I've read a few books on it and have searched all across the internet for information on it to no avail. I still know nearly nothing about its secret practices and rituals. I know that in order to become a Palero or Ngangulero is to get a Padrino or Madrina to show you the way. This relationship with your spiritual godparents is very costly. It could cost from a thousands to ten thousand dollars depending on the Munanso (House of Palo, Temple of Nganga). I already have a prenda, or nganga. It's a spirit pot in which i have placed things with Nkisi or life-force. Herbs, rocks, sticks, dirts, bones, waters are all things i have in my prenda. But I don't have a Muerto (spirit of the dead in my service; nfumbe).

Also I don't want to sacrifice animals because I think it's just wrong. Paleros are said to hex as well as cure, but i've tried to learn the good Palo, that is, Palo Cristiano, and have rejected evil Palo, or Palo Judio. They use human remains in their ngangas, something I find morally repulsive. But my interest in Palo deepens. I have learned a lot from my spirit pot and treat it like an egregore, which it is. I also use firmas, which are like Palo's version of Sigils, but they are handed down from generation to generation. They are drawn on the ground, if it's a trabajo cristiano they'll use white chalk, if it's palo judio they'll use charcoal. In both cases, they will set off mounds of gunpowder called fula over the firmas in order to evoke certain spirits that are attracted to that sigil.

When I do my nganga rituals i use a rattle and rattlestaff and look directly at my nganga and scry over its surface whatever i wish to see. I then ring a bell nine times (for the nine aztec powers) and hit on the surface of my altar with my first three times to wake up my nganga, Then I say Asalam Alekum to my nganga, as i rattle it speaks to me and i receive its message, i enter a trance state in which i'm possesed by the aztec mpungo Chalchiutotolin the ruler of my nganga and my teacher and spirit helper. I spray the nganga with rum and blow tobacco smoke on it from my cigar. I feed it agua de florida and tobacco water. Also rub chamba on it.

So you see, my own religion, which is Palo Mexica, is simlar to Mayombe but rejects all evil practices as relics of the past. Palo Mexica is white magick, It's meant for healing, not for doing trabajos judios

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jyoti
post May 25 2011, 02:19 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(teopiltzin @ Mar 26 2011, 01:01 PM) *

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about Palo Mayombe. I've read a few books on it and have searched all across the internet for information on it to no avail. I still know nearly nothing about its secret practices and rituals. I know that in order to become a Palero or Ngangulero is to get a Padrino or Madrina to show you the way. This relationship with your spiritual godparents is very costly. It could cost from a thousands to ten thousand dollars depending on the Munanso (House of Palo, Temple of Nganga). I already have a prenda, or nganga. It's a spirit pot in which i have placed things with Nkisi or life-force. Herbs, rocks, sticks, dirts, bones, waters are all things i have in my prenda. But I don't have a Muerto (spirit of the dead in my service; nfumbe).

Also I don't want to sacrifice animals because I think it's just wrong. Paleros are said to hex as well as cure, but i've tried to learn the good Palo, that is, Palo Cristiano, and have rejected evil Palo, or Palo Judio. They use human remains in their ngangas, something I find morally repulsive. But my interest in Palo deepens. I have learned a lot from my spirit pot and treat it like an egregore, which it is. I also use firmas, which are like Palo's version of Sigils, but they are handed down from generation to generation. They are drawn on the ground, if it's a trabajo cristiano they'll use white chalk, if it's palo judio they'll use charcoal. In both cases, they will set off mounds of gunpowder called fula over the firmas in order to evoke certain spirits that are attracted to that sigil.

When I do my nganga rituals i use a rattle and rattlestaff and look directly at my nganga and scry over its surface whatever i wish to see. I then ring a bell nine times (for the nine aztec powers) and hit on the surface of my altar with my first three times to wake up my nganga, Then I say Asalam Alekum to my nganga, as i rattle it speaks to me and i receive its message, i enter a trance state in which i'm possesed by the aztec mpungo Chalchiutotolin the ruler of my nganga and my teacher and spirit helper. I spray the nganga with rum and blow tobacco smoke on it from my cigar. I feed it agua de florida and tobacco water. Also rub chamba on it.

So you see, my own religion, which is Palo Mexica, is simlar to Mayombe but rejects all evil practices as relics of the past. Palo Mexica is white magick, It's meant for healing, not for doing trabajos judios

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye.gif) It seems you already have the Padrino or Madrina in the form of mpungo Chalchiutitolin, you just did not noticed it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hideingbhindcurtian.gif) . As for Good Vs Bad or Evil Vs Good or White Vs Black mindset, i think it is due to a totaly unmaturity. Because, Black is the other side of White, Evil is the other side of Good. One exist due to the other. i think it is due to this partial view of you, you had failed to notice that you already have a Padrino or Mandrina. it is like a two polar of the Magnet. Just Meditate in this point and you will realize (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Lighten.gif)

This post has been edited by Jyoti: May 25 2011, 02:20 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse