Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Alchemical Meanings Of Inri, explanation for a complete layman, please
Heathen
post Oct 22 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Greetings. I need explanation of the two versions of INRI acronym: Ignae Naturae Renovatur Integra and Igne Nitrum Raris Invenitum (and, well, if you know any other, just write them down too). I tried to google it, with no results, unfortunately. The only things I could find were the translations - which I had already known. But they tell me nothing! "nature by fire is renewed in its integrity"?? "shining (gliterring) is rarely found in fire"???? Erhm... OK, I admit, I know practically nothing about alchemy. So why am I bothering you? Well, the point is I'm writing a short story (which might grow a bit and not be so short, by the way) and I wanted to include those INRIs. Kraig just mentioned them, implying that he would explain them later but he never did - and now I'm stranded on the crossroads of the plot, really. I need to understand those acronyms at least superficially (the readers won't know too much about the occult anyway so I might apply some simplification) so please, help me out.
Thanks in advance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound :)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse