Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Herbs That Correspond To The Moon?
Mchawi
post Jul 27 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Am attempting to dry some watercress for my first alchemical experiemtn but have found it difficult, perhaps its due to the high water content in watercress, it basically dosen't dry too well just goes bad by the look of it... made a mistake in trying to heat it in the oven to drive the water from it, some sucess I suppose but I'd rather use another herb that can be bought dry and ready to use.

Any resources available that list plantery correspondances for P.Alchemy?

Thanks
.M.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

amongthehidden
post Jul 27 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well, Mountain Rose Herbs sells a lot of herbs, I dunno about watercress though. Did you try heating it in the microwave? Just put it on a paper towel, cover it with another paper towel, then microwave it for 2-3 minutes on 30-50% heat. Carefull though. It gets really hot. If it's still not dry do the same thing except for like a minute or two at a time.

Hope I helped,

Amongthehidden

--------------------
Le Parkour:

Tougher than LaCrosse,
More exciting than Football,
Less competitive than Solitaire.

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Jul 28 2010, 03:20 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Thanks for the info... was being lazy and didn't read the Alchemists handbook that was in my bag at the time of posting, has a full list of herbs and their correspondances (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

Microwaving herbs wouldn't be a good idea for an alchemical experiement, it'd denature the sample. Put the watercress in the oven and it didn't seem to help, turned it to crispy edged goo and generally felt so rushed, hastened, that it has probably imbibed it all with a negative vibration... looked at it today and it seemed unhappy with me, not too keen on consuming it, think it'll find its revenge there .lol.

+Quote Post

Dulcea
post Sep 1 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mchawi @ Jul 27 2010, 05:32 AM) *

Am attempting to dry some watercress for my first alchemical experiemtn but have found it difficult, perhaps its due to the high water content in watercress, it basically dosen't dry too well just goes bad by the look of it... made a mistake in trying to heat it in the oven to drive the water from it, some sucess I suppose but I'd rather use another herb that can be bought dry and ready to use.

Any resources available that list plantery correspondances for P.Alchemy?

Thanks
.M.

The only plants that I could find with a planetary correspondance to the Moon are Camphor, Cucumber, Eucalyptus, Gardenia, Lettuce, Poppy, and Sandalwood.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
As above, so below. As in music, so in life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

diary-of dissonance.tumblr.com
&
theogonic-symphonic-tragedy.tumblr.com

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse