Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 When To Take Elixirs/general Alchemic Products
Mchawi
post Feb 17 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Related to the other thread on the Moon....

Most books on alchemy give advice on taking any given product in the time following any given planetary hour system on its given day yet also give detail on the well known image/glyph of the Macrocosmic man depicting the astrological signs and their relation to various organs. In reading into moon astrology and herbalism the same glyph is given but in this case one is advised to follow the passage of the moon in attending to ailments and issues regarding specific body parts.... as far as practicality and method goes this approach is sound, in that it can be proven, cutting your hair in tune with the relevant sign of the moon in its waning period does well to keep it healthy etc and yet many authors on Practical Alchemy seem to follow the Planetary Hours approach... another idea given to me by a P.Alchemist is to balance the taking of a product with its opposing energy using Astrology and the passing signs. Perhaps the idea in many books is to simply attune the Neophyte to various energies but anyway.... just wanted to throw this one out there.... in my opinion it makes more sense to follow the passing of Lunar tides in taking Alchemical Products.

[Plz excuse the fact that I'm new to Alchemy and refuse to return to the other thread which no doubt states the same but in a more confused/embarrassing way]

Peace
/M/

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Feb 17 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mchawi @ Feb 17 2012, 01:39 PM) *

Most books on alchemy give advice on taking any given product in the time following any given planetary hour system on its given day yet also give detail on the well known image/glyph of the Macrocosmic man depicting the astrological signs and their relation to various organs. In reading into moon astrology and herbalism the same glyph is given but in this case one is advised to follow the passage of the moon in attending to ailments and issues regarding specific body parts... and yet many authors on Practical Alchemy seem to follow the Planetary Hours approach... another idea given to me by a P.Alchemist is to balance the taking of a product with its opposing energy using Astrology and the passing signs.

I am not well versed in western alchemy, but I have always assumed that the hours lent a charge to the elixir and the moon reflected the more general expression. Stimulating elixirs are taken during the waxing and full moon while subduing ones are taken after the full moon.

It might not be applicable but the alchemy I practice is very particular about when to make and administer elixirs. In making them the type of energy most prevalent by the hour, day, lunar month, and luni-solar progression all dictate haw effective the elixir will be. But in taking them, one needs to find a time when the most chi is in the appropriate organ/meridian for it to have the desired effect. The time to take an elixir depends on the calendar and on the physical location of the person taking it.

There are tonics which work without regard for time or luni-solar position but we do not consider them elixirs.

It might hours are so popular simply because the moon, being a reflection of the sun, has less a role than the planets which have there own associated powers that augment the suns as it goes thought the day.

May I ask what project you are working on that sparked this thought?

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: Feb 17 2012, 01:16 PM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Feb 17 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Decided to reinterpret my practice a while ago, from practicing magick with the GD to focus more on Practical Alchemy, am still a practicing "magician" but leaning more toward or attempting to balance any "internal" work with external... would still call magick internal for as long as one invokes. Went from working with "soft books" on P.Alchemy to a more robust way forward, John Reids course... have been wondering about ways/times to make and take elixers etc since, he gives an approach working through the moon signs as compared to stages of the craft, seperation, distillation relating to various signs etc, from there it seems to make sense to continue using the flight of the moon to apply toward healing/augmenting ones state of being where the use of planetary hours tends to be a contested approach given the numerous versions used... another would be to go all out and stick to sidereal indian astrology, am aware of the actuality of the the standard approach through practical moon sign work enough to know its valid... your method is the second approach I've bumped into outside of the norm... shows that people advance on a personal receptivity to such things.

[Typed on a mobile]

/M/

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse