Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Twilight, TLoK definition?
Sachiel
post Oct 26 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Okay...I'm new, and this is an interesting place, but I'm afraid that I've carried with me from my old forum (The Library of Knowledge, now apparently permanently removed) some terms which seem sort of unfamiliar here, except with maybe Ilmatar, who has quoted the site which is linked...here
http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekeeper/types/sorcery.html

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with the realm called "Twilight here... more information here
http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekeeper/re...es/twilight.txt

If nobody has heard of this, the methods for attaining such a state are basically to overload your psychic filter with emotional input. I will try to find more material soon, if it exists.
So yeah, if you know what I'm talking about, if you have advice, I think this magical path (called sorcery as well, incidentally) has a lot of potential.
If people here don't like TLoK for some reason, I'm sorry. I've met people who feel that way.

--------------------
Non Occultere,

Sachiel

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Pandora
post Oct 26 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Sounds like a wild trip to me. Fields of blood red grass 10 feet high? Woah...

Overloading anything with emotion is about as safe as trying to juggle steak knives, so I wouldn't advise it. I've been having emotional troubles myself, and it's no picnic.

--------------------
looking for my box

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Oct 28 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #3

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sachiel @ Oct 26 2007, 07:00 PM) *
If nobody has heard of this, the methods for attaining such a state are basically to overload your psychic filter with emotional input. I will try to find more material soon, if it exists.
So yeah, if you know what I'm talking about, if you have advice, I think this magical path (called sorcery as well, incidentally) has a lot of potential.

Greetings,

Have you any experience with "twilight?" I only ask because The Library of Knowledge site seems to be the only one to talk about it. For myself I have no experience with it, and I must say that overloading ones "psychic filter with emotional input" can't be a good thing; most magick- aside from curses and the like- require a calm mind. Is it some how desirable to do this?

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: Oct 28 2007, 06:55 PM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Igisi
post Mar 21 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

i kow of four basic ways to enter twilight [this is kind of my area]. the strongest and perhaps most common is through sleep deprevation, i dont want to go on and on about my experiences but if you go deep enough into this realm you can get results seemingly impossible just by dreaming it and then there it is in full view. and that isnt even mentioning the visual stimulation so intence as to render common consiousness obsolete. the other way is to feel every thing around you, take in all the colors sound and shapes and keep the variety of what your sensing in cconstant motion. in this case you can still sleep but after about 3 days youll find yourself in another realm. theres also a way which is the opposite of what i just mentioned which would be sense deprevation, let your mind and emotions go blank for as long as it takes until a gloaming appears and the scenary grows. the final way which becomes possible after youve experienced twilight enough is just to cast visual scenarios around you that you have collected in other experiences and this can usually be done with a calm balanced mind once you have grown used to this type of consiousness. i understand that to many this stuff may sound like a big turn off or dangerous { which it can be}. but i cant begin to explain the vistas ive reached in working with twilight, just layers of magic oozing living full blown true to life fantasy, its simply divine.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Mar 22 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

Twilight is just another term for the etheric world - it's kind of apt, I think, twi-light = between the lights; between the light of the physical and spiritual worlds. You access awareness of that space the same way you access the etheric world, the two terms are interchangeable, I think that the term 'twilight' is just a more enjoyable term to use. Words have power, though, I think there are good reasons to use the term on that basis.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse