Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Tarot Community Enjoying The Last Troubadour
Mezu
post Sep 12 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

"Kudos to Derek Armstrong ... this is a wonderful work of art, and I highly recommend it to all who are interested in the Tarot, in the history of the 13th century, and in a mystery that crosses many boundaries!" Bonnie Cehovet, Aeclectic Tarot Reviewer

Ultimately, I wrote The Last Troubadour out of my thirty-five year passion for all things Medieval, Magickal -- and the Tarot. Tarot addiction, I call it. Nothing to be ashamed of. I've collected decks since 1972. The Last Troubadour is first and foremost an epic fiction adventure and the quest of the hero. In my opinion, any fictional hero's quest from The Lord of the Rings to the Iliad is the Tarot archetypal Fool's Quest.

Yet I remained nervous of the Tarot community. Nothing inspires more passion than Tarot archetypes amongst those who live and breathe Tarot. Would the community love or hate my fictional epic? A review on Aeclectic, the largest online community of Tarot fans seems to indicate some early approval. The review is by Bonnie Cehovet, a well known personality in the Community (VP of the American Tarot Association I think) and a major book and deck reviewer in her own right. Thank you Bonnie! I won't reproduce it here due to copyright, other than a little snip I'm rather delighted to quote:

"There is such magic in this book...it combines humor, mystery and history in delightful proportions" Thank you Bonnie! Full review is on Aeclectic or my Troubadour site: www.lasttroubadour.com.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse