Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Book Of Doors, a divining tool and a book of Egyptian Netjers
bym
post Apr 1 2006, 02:04 AM
Post #1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

I've been itching to post this on Forum but, somehow, have been neglectful in doing so. Maybe it is the sharing of something that I've found to be very dear to me...maybe something else. With the latest flurry about the Aurum Solis appearing here in Forum I have become even more sensitised to systems that are ogdoadic in nature. "The Book of Doors, an Alchemical Oracle from Ancient Egypt", by authors Anton Veggi and Alison Davidson, is such a work. Its oracle system utilizes 65 (64 + 1) cards, each representing an Egyptian Netjer and a corresponding Alchemical phase. It uses a Ogdoadic system that include the very ancient Primordials (8) of the Egyptians. The Oracle consists of the Deck of Cards (Doors) and a very well researched book explaining various facets of ancient Egyptian myths and cosmology. The very stunning aspect of this Oracle, to me, was the very powerful and personal effects the Netjers have when interacting with human beings. No one that I have showed the Cards to have a neutral reaction. The Netjers are very much 'alive' and active. If you have a penchant for the ancient Egyptian Gods and their Magic, then I reccomend this Oracle set to you! It's abit pricey (about $30-40 US currency) but well worth it! My copy is horribly dog eared due to much use! *grin* It's published by Destiny Books. Happy Reading! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse