Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Real Life *hogwarts*, This thread fits perfectly in class or studies but won't have acce
Harkadenn
post May 24 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

If you didn't know, Oberon Zell-Ravenheart basically the real life "Dumbledore" a very wise old man and a Wizard himself. The author of the book: "Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard" and a few others... has opened a school of Wizardry specially for Adults.

Take a look!

http://www.greyschool.com/index.php

Here is also an interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffFpbO8zeY0&feature=related

This post has been edited by Harkadenn: May 24 2011, 11:44 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post May 24 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Harkadenn @ May 24 2011, 10:47 AM) *

If you didn't know, Oberon Zell-Ravenheart basically the real life "Dumbledore" a very wise old man and a Wizard himself. The author of the book: "Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard" and a few others... has opened a school of Wizardry specially for Adults.

Take a look!

http://www.greyschool.com/index.php

Here is also an interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffFpbO8zeY0&feature=related

Oh hell, is this nut case still running around. I ran in to his lot some time ago and stole a few of his books to see how much he teaches. The two text books wheigh in at 800-something pages and cover magical theory in the same why Charmed does. Most of the stuff he talks about relate the sort of "ethics" my 3-yo niece get from sesame street. What magick he does teach is a very standard form of witchcraft with vague wiccan influences. There are many better places to spend your money.

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: May 24 2011, 05:30 PM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Harkadenn
post May 24 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ May 24 2011, 07:21 PM) *

Oh hell, is this nut case still running around. I ran in to his lot some time ago and stole a few of his books to see how much he teaches. The two text books wheigh in at 800-something pages and cover magical theory in the same why Charmed does. Most of the stuff he talks about relate the sort of "ethics" my 3-yo niece get from sesame street. What magick he does teach is a very standard form of witchcraft with vague wiccan influences. There are many better places to spend your money.

I see... thanks for clearing that up.

I still admire him for trying to make a real life version of "Hogwarts".

This post has been edited by Harkadenn: May 24 2011, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post May 25 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

I find Oberon to be an entertaining guy. He's been a part of the pagan scene from at least the 70s and maybe part of the 60s. In his way he is a pioneer. If I remember correctly, he was involved in the start up of the Church of All Worlds (CAW) which was based on the novel Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein. For some years he made most of his living by breeding unicorns. Essentially they were goats who had their horns grafted onto the middle of their heads. Yah I can easily see him jumping onto the Harry Potter train, but in fairness probably his Hogwarts type school is better than the Corellian Witch School, or the Frosts' school. I've met a few Correlians and wasn't impressed.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse