Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 [sell] New Traditional Goetia Website
loki
post Jun 18 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Since starting this endeavour a few years ago and having made some items for individuals. I have decided to run a website dealing in Traditional tools for the goetia. The website is still in the early days of development and I was helped enormously by SI Frater on this board creating the format etc, and I would appreciate any feedback concerning the site, theme, usability as it stands or ideas or comments. Agreed I need better quality hi res photos, which I'm working on.

One of the thoughts I had was to upload the sloane and harley manuscripts, though I'm still checking with the British Museum as to copyright or licensing issues. Thanks in advance. Here's the link, though its not hosted at present so ordering still needs to be done through the pm system:

http://www.evocationmagic.com/products/

Loki

This post has been edited by loki: Jun 18 2009, 10:50 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jun 18 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

Circle of Solomon...
Goetic circle 9ft diameter on thick robust cotton. Written in hebrew.

100% Cotton and not a single thread of any other blend? I mean, if we're going into Traditional Goetia, might as well follow the rules to the letter.

Calfskin

As in, leather from a young bovine? Of course, sounds like a stupid question, but perhaps anyone can take deer or lambskin leather and use that and pass it off as calfskin. Genuine 100% CALFskin?

I don't know if you harvest the skins, yourself. I don't know if they are real, and I don't know where or who you get them from. Please understand my skepticism.

Lion Skin Girdle

This seems almost incredulous. Aren't Lions a protected species? If they are, would it not be illegal to deal this item in retail or trade? I could be wrong. Please correct me. If this really is all genuine, I am definitely saving for this investment!!

Handmade Irish linen robe.

This one, I look forward to. It's hard to find a decent linen robe, no blends.

And REAL silver rings. NICE!!!

PM me with the details of your workshop and tools. I may be interested in starting such a business venture stateside.

This post has been edited by Xenomancer: Jun 18 2009, 01:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

loki
post Jun 18 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I live in England. There is a slaughter house some 15 miles away, who supply the calfskins from animals 3-9 months old. I also have access to deer skin if I ever wanted one, from a gamekeeper who culls the animals on a yearly basis. Both are possible to aquire, and I don't get confused about which one is which. I have a friend who is in the trade and can tan the hides.

Yes fine silver rings (99.9%) and pentacles. I can even get them stamped if you're in doubt by the local assays office.

Lionskin just as easy if you have the money to buy a hide which generally goes for thousands. There are no laws preventing shipping of an item like a belt. I have done my homework, and have sent at least 12 belts to people over the course of the last 12 months or so. I don't have a ready supply of belts as it says on the site there are 8 available, which is from a skin I recently bought. After that I can't say when I would get any more lionskin if at all. Additionally that I have no intention of going to the local zoo and negoiating with the lion population. Skins of lions are readily sold on ebay and other places on the internet.

As for the linen robe, the material is ordered which is 100% (no blends), and the robe handmade from scratch.

In short what it says on the website is what you get.

I have a full time job however, though I enjoy doing the work regarding the tools, and having reasonably consistent enquiries from individuals for circles, belts etc, I thought it prudent and more organised to have site catered for this pursuit.

I understand your sceptisicm. Its rare these days especially concerning magical items for sale on the internet, that they should be hand made or worked by hand and traditional in every respect, and that they should look the part and have a long working life.

This post has been edited by loki: Jun 18 2009, 02:26 PM

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Jul 26 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

I pretty much think that stuff is sweet. I mean I have a sharkskin belt but a LION belt...I might get that magick or not

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Aug 23 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

loki,

do you currently have a blank belt in stock? I'd like to purchase one, but I understand that when you run out it can take a while to get more.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Ankhhape
post Aug 23 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(loki @ Jun 18 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Since starting this endeavour a few years ago and having made some items for individuals. I have decided to run a website dealing in Traditional tools for the goetia. The website is still in the early days of development and I was helped enormously by SI Frater on this board creating the format etc, and I would appreciate any feedback concerning the site, theme, usability as it stands or ideas or comments. Agreed I need better quality hi res photos, which I'm working on.

One of the thoughts I had was to upload the sloane and harley manuscripts, though I'm still checking with the British Museum as to copyright or licensing issues. Thanks in advance. Here's the link, though its not hosted at present so ordering still needs to be done through the pm system:

http://www.evocationmagic.com/products/x

Loki
Congratulations and best of luck on your endeavor, it is near impossible these days to purchase legitimate handcrafted occult items.

--------------------
Kheper-i kheper kheperu kheper-kuie
em kheperu en Khepri kheper em Sep Tepy

+Quote Post

loki
post Aug 23 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Aug 23 2009, 01:56 PM) *

loki,

do you currently have a blank belt in stock? I'd like to purchase one, but I understand that when you run out it can take a while to get more.

peace

I have over half a hide left, so there is skin for another 6 belts at least.

Loki

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse