Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Banishment
Violet
post Aug 29 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Alright, this was my first actual spell. I did a banishment on a rather uncoopertive family member who had earned much of my disrespect.. and he just doesn't belong. He a jack-ass. Anyway, I began by calling the elements, lighting a candle for each one and saying a small prayer/chant to them, then cast the fifth candle as white and used it the pillar of the spell. I then used four pieces of paper, each with his name on them and a pentacle on the back, then burnt them one by one one for each element. The smoke curled in a very distinct upwards and widening spiral, then distburst.

During this I burnt a apple and cinnamon incense. Before the spell I burnt a bit of sage, mint and cinnamon as well as after I spread the ashes of the papers.

Afterwards I somehow found myself annoiting my forehead, left breast. both shoulders and down the middle of my torso with the burnt remains of the spell... Does this mean anything?

I have no idea if it's pertainent or not but it really strikes my curiousilty, so, if anyone can answer I would be most thankful. I know also that thi smay very well be perfectly normal... but it's not something I've ever come near doing before, even when participating in others spells/rituals....

On another note, if anyone is willing to tell me if I did this correctly, that would be very nice.

Thank you all,
~Violet

This post has been edited by Violet: Aug 29 2010, 10:09 PM

--------------------
You and me
we'll all go down in history
with sad statue of liberty
and a generation that didn't agree

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

monkman418
post Aug 30 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Violet @ Aug 29 2010, 10:57 PM) *

Afterwards I somehow found myself annoiting my forehead, left breast. both shoulders and down the middle of my torso with the burnt remains of the spell... Does this mean anything?

Hi Violet,

Three thoughts...

First is that things like this happen in the middle of a spell, they seem dreamlike insofar as they are both impromptu and meaningful (though, like a dream, the meaning is often unclear). I'd say that this is a good sign that you are achieving a good ritual state of mind.

Second thought is that the meaning of this experience is ultimately going to need to be decided in terms of your own personal framework of images and archetypes. From where I'm standing, it almost sounds like you made the sign of the Qabalistic cross from the Golden Dawn's LBRP (or just the sign of the cross, which is many other things in addition to the Christian symbol). I'm not sure what anointing the left breast means; the left breast is specifically pinched/offered in the sign of Mater Triumphus, and thus annointing it could signify a blessing your own ability to nurture the world and your higher self. Mater Triumphus (http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Image:Sign_isisrejoicing.gif) Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, and consider that your own associations to the actions you took are likely their meaning (or a hint of their meaning).

Third thought is that anointing yourself with the ashes could be a very powerful way of helping the energies/intention flow through you as a vessel. This would be a good thing, and affecting yourself to make a number of subtle changes that result in your goals is a very grounded approach to magick.

I don't know about the symbolism you used in the ritual, but it sounds cool and like your intent was behind it!

Good luck getting rid of the jackass!

This post has been edited by monkman418: Aug 30 2010, 01:31 AM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 30 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Do what feels right. Even though I'm not going to say going off track is always a good idea, I also think that feeling and going with those feelings during a ritual is important and can be more effective. Generally I try to stay aware to what I feel needs to be done in a ritual and like I've found with astral traveling, it seems being aware is the first step in increasing spontaneous occurrences. I after that I doubt deliberate action is very far off.

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Violet
post Aug 30 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thankie very much, Monkman and Tomber! I appriciate the insight very much seeing as how I was unsure if this was anything strange or what have you due to being very much unexpierience in actual casting. I'm mostly a bookie... I find books and information for people. I'm the Mystical Librarian....

Thank you again!
~Violet

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/worthy.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yes2.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/victory.gif)

--------------------
You and me

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Aug 30 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Violet @ Aug 30 2010, 01:10 PM) *

I'm mostly a bookie... I find books and information for people. I'm the Mystical Librarian....

The mystical librarian...I kinda like that. What kind of books do you specialize in?

--------------------
MonkMan418
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

+Quote Post

Violet
post Aug 31 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

No specialty really. You ask me for some kind of book. I find it. My boyfriend says I have the mystical ability to find any modern arcane tome/book. I'm just awesome like that I suppose..... I can find just about any book.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rule.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rule.gif)

This post has been edited by Violet: Aug 31 2010, 08:49 AM

--------------------
You and me

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Sep 12 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Violet @ Aug 31 2010, 09:49 AM) *

No specialty really. You ask me for some kind of book. I find it.

Do you have to know what title a person is looking for, or are you able to intuit what a person is looking for when they ask for a magickal book?

--------------------
MonkMan418

--- Stephen Hawking

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Sep 13 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #8

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Violet @ Aug 31 2010, 10:49 AM) *

No specialty really. You ask me for some kind of book. I find it. My boyfriend says I have the mystical ability to find any modern arcane tome/book.I can find just about any book.

This is likely the most interesting talent I've heard in some time.

How, might I ask, does it work? Does it work on themes, as well?

This post has been edited by fatherjhon: Sep 13 2010, 06:00 PM

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 20 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #9

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

For your original question I had some thoughts:

For me personally I find it useful to use grounding and purification rituals before and after ritual magick. For me grounding is basically charging myself with the energy of my surroundings. The way this is done is through physical contact with my surroundings. In wicca this can be akin to "walking the circle" or basically declaring a location to be a magickal spot followed by meditation. If you use the same spot often, grounding is less important. Grounding is important to me because if I don't do that in a location I am not used to then I feel that I am leaving myself exposed to external energies. In this way grounding sort of purifies a location to my intentions and removes outside forces that might interfere with my magick. Now after ritual magick, ground is important again because this helps to return any forces or energy you used to where they came from. This way they don't linger around and lead to unwanted side affects. (feeling drained, bad dreams, sleeplessness, constant hunger, agitation - to name a few)

Purification is solidifying my own personal intentions (within me) and, for me, this acts as a way to clear my concsious and thoughts that might interfere. It also affirms my intentions. This is usually done through meditation and simple washing. For example taking purified water and literally wipe my face and my hands. This symbolizes a cleansing of my personal being. To focus my energy towards my primary objective and help prevent internal forces from jeapordizing my goal. Purification may also involve fasting and celebacy. But for a simple banishment I think that is over kill. For me personally, for simple spells or rituals, purification a second time after the fact is not as important to me. But just as grounding returns external energy, purification can help ensure you return yourself to the state of mind your were in before you did your ritual. And again the idea is that you keep yourself from experiencing side affects.

The point is I take magick very seriously - I'm sure you do as well. I don't use it on the drop of a dime. And I believe that if I have a legitimate reason to use magick - at all - that I need to be sure of myself and my intentions. Grounding and purification sort of places me at a point of no return where something through ritual magick is going to happen. But the other thing is that through this process I also have found a much higher success rate. Not only in accomplishing my main goal, but doing so as I actually intended it to happen. And it helps me avoid an unclear conscious or other side affects.

Another point to consider is that these grounding and purification exercises do not have to be complex or take up much time. In Wicca walking the circle can involve a witch walking a ritual circle some number of times (say 13, for example) and she does this clockwise. Then after the rite or ritual, she then walks the circle counter clockwise another 13 times. This signifies both declaring a sacred space for magick and reopening that space to release any residual forces. And purification really can be as simple as washing your face or anointing yourself with insense or natural oils.

So I share this with you so that maybe in the future when you do cast another spell if you use this, your self, that you will be not only more successful than you are already, but much more accurate as well.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Sep 29 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

what a great post above me, I like it a lot. I always appreciate it when people can give an answer that I can benefit from even when it is based on a question I don't particularly find interesting (no offense ha). I was wondering though, what benefit do you see from fasting Acid?

--------------------
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 29 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #11

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

In shamanic traditions fasting serves as a way to purify one's self and to open one's self to spiritual energies. Fasting may involve not eating or drinking at all. Or only obstaining from certain foods and drinks (like pork and alcohol). The things people eat can also effect their energy. So by not eating certain foods, or by not eating at all, one can alter their own energy. Again the main idea is to prepare one's self for a spiritual, magick encounter.

In my life I really have not used fasting a whole lot. For me hunger is a distraction, not an aid. But on the other hand I also know that hunger can be controlled. And being able to fast takes mental discipline. Sometimes fasting can be a tool, not just for magick or spiritualism, but as a way to train one's self, self control and it can be a good mind over body exercise. Within reason of course. I would not recommend anybody try to fast without at least drinking water to stay hydrated.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Sep 29 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

I will have to look for some info covering fasting, I don't think I have come across it much before. thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post

Animal Shaman
post Nov 15 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(☞Tomber☜ @ Sep 29 2010, 09:48 PM) *

I will have to look for some info covering fasting, I don't think I have come across it much before. thanks

This link might help you.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2052064_fast-safely-avoid-anorexia.html

--------------------
totem guiding me in life right now:
The Frog
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic