2 Pages< 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Your First OBE Experience, Share first experience here
Godmagick13
post Nov 24 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #31

Initiate
Group Icon

My first obe happened a couple of days after reading the "mastering astral projection" book. I did some of the energy work recommended in the book, then fell asleep afterwards. I was in a dream, and it became lucid. I told myself to come back to my body, and for some reason I tried to wake myself up. It didnt work at all and I couldnt open my eyes or breathe. Finally I got my eyes opened, only it wasnt my physical eyes, it was my third eye. I was floating above my body, and I looked around my room for about a second before I slammed back into my body. From what I seen in the astral, my room looked the same, only everything was kind of transparent, and brighter. Anyways, when I finally opened my physical eyes, and woke up, I didnt feel too great. I felt sore all over, and like I hadnt slept in two days. Although I didnt feel too good after the experience, I wasnt really disappointed. I was happy to actually see the astral plane, and conciously be out of my body. I hope you enjoyed reading about my experience. Good luck to everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Faustopheles
post Dec 1 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #32

Zelator
Group Icon

This has been a great thread, as it has been interesting to learn about other people’s experiences. My own first experience with Astral Projection actually occurred quite recently. I've been mediating for several years, but mostly as a means towards relaxation and self-reflection. This practice has been essential as it has allowed me to learn to control my mind and steady my body without any other ambition than to feel nothing and think about nothing. As a result my progression toward Astral Projection came quite naturally. Well, here is my experience (I apologize if this a long post, but I feel as strong urge to share this experience):

Sitting facing east with my palms flat against my quads, feet flat on the ground, and head balanced above my erect spine I breathed in and out rhythmically (4x4). Once I'd settled my mind and body, I began to envision that with each rhythmic breath a small portion of the light of Kether trickled into me and expanded within. This lead to a feeling of another self (composed of pure light) encased within the gross body... I felt this light-form vibrate with energy. This may sound confusing, but I knew I was on to something when rather than feeling the vibration beneath my skin, my senses had shifted into the body of light and I felt restricted by the corporal body. Using the same neurobiological impulse to move my extremities (which we all use on a day to day basis) I lifted my arms, but it was my astral arms that moved dislodging from the physical arms. I could see them with my minds eye. As far as I could tell, they seemed very week (composed of a dim translucent light) and sort of flickered in and out of sight. There where also thread like appendages that connected these astral arms to their physical counterparts. After practicing this for three days and trying to stand and completely dislodge, I finally succeeded last night. Looking with my infant astral vision I saw my room (but only certain things were visible and in a bluish tint); however, this is where doubt entered my mind. Was I seeing this or was this simply a mnemonic recollection of what my room had looked prior to beginning this exercise? Before I could contemplate this further I realized that I was not longer in my room but rather above my house seemingly hovering above everything. There is a blackout in my memory as to what happened next, but I can recollect that I ended up somewhere else. This was an outdoor place I had never seen, I called out to see if anyone or anything was there. Silence…nothing. Then a white ram with dark (I think brown) circles around its eyes appeared (????). Shortly later I felt that something else was with me, I looked up and saw a built figure with a canine head (resembling Anubis in appearance). He did not speak but rather directed my gaze to one side where I saw I predatory bird (eagle, condor, or something along those lines). Turning back to face the canine-man figure he was gone, but in the distance lay a stepped pyramid (not an Egyptian pyramid, but rather more akin to that at Chichen Itza)…. Anyway, this post is getting too long. To make a long story short, I climbed the Pyramid, met a women who bathed me in a pool. This “baptism” of sorts strengthened my astral body, rather than being ghost-like in appearance it was much more opaque – I can best describe it as frosted glass. The canine-man figure then led me back to my room where I first saw my physical body… this was slightly horrifying as I looked almost dead! I entered it, and with in a moments time felt an almost violent thump (mainly in my knees as though my feet had slammed against the floor). There was also a slight pain in my lower back and a mixed feeling of exhilaration and exhaustion….

One last thing, throughout this whole experience I felt rather deaf. I guess I clearly need to attune my astral hearing. Nonetheless, there was a level of communication (in particular between the canine-man figure and myself) but this was mainly in the form of flashes of images (his eyes!!). Somehow I was able to understand his instructions. Well that’s it, if anyone actually gets through this post and has an opinion feel free to PM me.

Peace!

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 2 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #33

Zelator
Group Icon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ahhh so you want to come see me??? lol

Ok last night was insanity.... I erupted like a hulking energy being from my body last night. There is no doubt about it. I have left my self and i was awake. It started very late as i got home. i sat down and ended up quickly in a deep controlled trance. I had so much energy flowing that i had trouble keeping control. I sat and relaxed myself but kept the Vibe state i was in. Than i began to think of my body being at one vibration and my energy body being much faster and in no time bam i had split. I was trying so hard to keep the enrgy controlled that i could not move away from my physical. But it was so obvious that i had split.
I decided to move to bed so i could relax even more and even try to get into a sleep state so i could split fully in dream. But thats when the weird shit started to happen. Slowly and one by one all of you began to fade into my awareness. I mean all of you. Each of you was at a differant point in my chakra line up. Like as i spoke to Somnium he was at my third eye level and as i thought of lilac she was above like at my 7th chakra or higher even. It was so real to me but i feel foolish almost writing it. As i layed in bed and talked (not really talked) to all of you i shared things secrets techniques and much more. It fealt as though we were a group of sorcerers all together and sharing all. The vibrational state lasted the entire time. It was strongest before i moved but still very powerful. So much so that i fealt as if i had to hold it together when i did move to my bed. We laughed and at mainly me because i had problems with you all seeing into me so easy. So PRIVATE things we all just laughed off together. It was amazing and i have much more to add but need to go for now. I had a point on me that i could feel total control over that slid around me and seemed to be the focus of what i truly am. I feel my energy body has been completed

Excert from my dream journal as Osiris. This was the first. I know this thread is run a course but im new...Enjoy.

--------------------
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". Abrahadabra

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

GoDmAn777
post Dec 7 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #34

Initiate
Group Icon

I think one must be in great physical shape to experience OBE. You must be good with your mind and relax well. Im suprised Kinjo has difficulty as he qualifies greatly. Now I feal discouraged to have 100% success.

There was a time period when I tried to do it. And the closest I came was a night when I was real tired and I had not put any effort in actually trying to pull it off as before. I think it was my subconsciouness acting on my mind from previous attempts. I had already trained my mind to try and do it because of so many failed attempts. The method I used was to relax lying down. And than blank out my mind entirely WITHOUT FALLING ASLEEP. Which is the hard part.

You have to be in a trance between sleep and awake. Your whole body you must ignore and not move or become distracted. So I was doing quite well with this. And than suddenly I began to shake and vibrate. I very quitely told my self to calm down don't be afraid and let it be. The vibrations got bigger and bigger. And than I began to get afraid because it was scary trust me. After a while I told myself that I will now roll over to leave my body because I felt the vibrations getting weaker and weaker due to my FEAR. Not to my suprise when I rolled over I did not leave my body. I was severely mad with myself I will try more in the near future and when I succed I will post my results.

+Quote Post

business voodoo
post Dec 12 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #35

Neophyte
Group Icon

i do know that relaxation is key ... especially if one is particularly 'earth' based ... to free the energy body double from this field is very much a challenge for those who have a heavy dosage of the earth element ... while the fire and air people tend to be able to do it with little relaxation requirements ...

oh, to be an aquarius .......... well, if only while i'm working on obe's anyway!

--------------------
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
listen to "THE sideREAL world" on BlogTalkRadio
Live or Pod Cast ... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/businessvoodoo

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 12 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #36

Zelator
Group Icon

You have to think of obe on a "Franz Bardon" level. Even though im new to his work it fits perfect into obe. "There is nothing hard about it". Tune yourself through meditation and focus. Use the vibrational state i applied. your physical body is at one vibration and your energy body is at another.

Practice at many levels. If you need to fast for a couple of days to purify. Make sure you are very relaxed and have had a good meditation on that same day. Stear away from the negative that people say about it. Its not harder than lucid dreaming. Its just that it has a state of fear associated with it that you must surpass.

You see in my world its hard to do ritual magic. Im new to it and find it to be exhilerating. For me the dreaming is where my background in the occult lies.

I find that a very monotone but nice shamanic drum beat helps me a great deal.

By all means do not get mad or annoyed. Laugh it off and continue to practice later or the next day.

It takes no more energy to do that lucid dreaming. Its just that your initial energy level has to be up so you can feel the sensations unless your a sensitive.

This post has been edited by Enochian: Dec 12 2006, 07:35 PM

--------------------
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". Abrahadabra

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

Aleph
post Apr 15 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #37

Initiate
Group Icon

Well, to be honest, I’m a little curious as to why everyone seems to have such pleasant experiences their first time “out”. Other than daev, everyone seems to have had a relatively agreeable experience for the most part.

I didn’t, but I’m actually thankful that I had a horrifying encounter. It was that single experience that allowed me to make the transition from a dabbler/"wanna-be" to a true practitioner.

Regardless, I hope this thread continues. I’ve enjoyed reading about everyone’s experiences.

--------------------
"There are no new methods in magick, merely rearrangements and refinements of old ones."

+Quote Post

saiph
post Jul 25 2007, 05:02 AM
Post #38

Initiate
Group Icon

Yeehaa,I just had one last night!....sort of.I did the whole not moving thing,lying flat on my back, repeating to myself "I will have an OBE tonight!".Occaisionally I'd catch myself drifting off - I thought I was reading a book at one point,and another time I thought my hands were on my mouth when they were really at my side.I began to feel a burning sensation on one of my fingertips,kinda like intense pins and needles.Got a little paranoid as well,trying to come up with rational explanations for why the hell windows and floorboards would creak of their own accord.My brother had the scariest moments of his life on the verge of having an OBE,so I was a little wary of that happening.

And then woosh!I was sitting up in bed,although I'd told my body to do nothing of the sort,and there was a low thrumming in my ears,like being underwater.And then I crapped myself,and with a jolt I was in my regular old body.A little miffied I didn't get around to opening my eyes,but mebbe next time...

That was only my third attempt at having one,so I'm well chuffed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

leolad
post Aug 7 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #39

Initiate
Group Icon

my first obe was strange. i laid still and focused on a silver ball until my body was calm and then my eyes seemed to open but i knew they were still closed. i proceeded to move my hand about and i wondered how i was to get up. so i just kinda thought about getting up and bloop i stood up and began to walk out of my room and my dog turned and started barking at me and i knew this would instantly wake me up and then snap i was back in my body. i guess he sensed something come into the room. . i had one earlier her today while at work. i was finishing the nec's last few pages on the second rant of the arab when i started to doze off, but i knew i was at work so i couldent fall all the way asleep so that the door bell wouldn't make me open my eyes. and i noticed after awhile in a deep zoned out state that i had looked around and then got up and started walking and then decided to do a cartwheel for some reason and then snapped into my body halfway through and then almost flipped out of my chair. i was quite shocked. then i began to laugh out loud at what happened.

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Oct 10 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #40

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm through with astral projection!

I tried to AP last night. I ended up astrally resetting the thermostat in my house! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

(My mother woke up wondering, "Why is this on 74? I usually have it on 83!")

As if that wasn't bizarre enough, this morning I saw some shadowy figure out of the corner of my eye WAVE at me from the back room of my condo! (It goes without saying that I did some heavy-duty grounding, banishing, and cleansing right then and there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif) )

I'm through with AP. It's too difficult to control! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tickedoff.gif)

This post has been edited by The Sorceress: Oct 10 2007, 02:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

NightWolfe
post Oct 16 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #41

Initiate
Group Icon

My first OBE was quite easy, I was young. My uncle was living with us in a tiny apartment building after my mom and dad split up - while my uncle had lung cancer, my grandma was visiting as well. I was use to meditating by then, so I was sitting in the living room while everyone was asleep with the window open and clearing my mind, using the rope method. I started to feel the vibration, it felt like my body was lying on a sideways bass amplifier. I lost my breath and I was staring at the living room, I had trouble knowing if I was really having an Out-of-Body Experience or not, because the moon was shining in and I didn't quite know if it was the moon light that made everything seem brighter but then I seen my uncle except he was healthy looking but he looked faded and his aura was so bright and yellow.

I couldn't hear him talk, and he walked away and I felt like I was floating towards him and I looked back and knew I was having an OBE, it kind of startled me but I kept following him into his bedroom and he was pointing at his body. At that point I slammed back into my body and I was sore and couldn't move for a few minutes, I began crying and finally I could move but my body felt like it was jello. I ran, of course stumbling to my mother's room to wake her up to check on my Uncle. He had passed away. So my OBE was easy, but it was frightening. I felt very calm though knowing that he had restored his health in the after-life though, I intentionally OBE still despite my first experience.

Signed,
Night Wolfe

+Quote Post

Aunt Clair
post Oct 22 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #42

Neophyte
Group Icon

My first OBEs that I recall occurred in 1962 when I was 6 years old . I began a series of projections to Viet Nam to soul rescue . I would pull my little red wagon up to dead soldiers and 1 to 3 would get on dazed . I dragged them to a pillar of light and pointed upwards to angels . I began to wet my bed and have horrific nightmares and my mother took me to a hypnotist to prevent my recall . My older sister continued her work in the same manner and told me I did not have to go but she saw no reason to be afraid . She was 10 . I do not recall how I manifested the red wagon or how we even started the journey. The USA where I was born was not in the war yet . It was the French .What called us there I would like to still learn . I was not aware of current events and recall wondering why the teachers and parents cried when Kennedy died . I did not understand about politics or war or global concerns . But I suspect that our higher self retains such memories and skills .

--------------------
~*~Love , Light n Laughter, Aunt Clair ~*~

+Quote Post

Neris-
post Nov 15 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #43

Neophyte
Group Icon

Do you need to be lying down standing up or sitting to do the rope technique?

+Quote Post

Moonchilde
post Feb 22 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #44

Initiate
Group Icon

I couldn't give you the date of my first OBE experience. I came to that through lucid dreaming and it seems to me that many experiences in this transition period were probably weaving across that boundary. I used to have what I would classify as dreams that had a lot of the feel of astral projection, or the same themes and issues as my beginning OBEs. Also, my dreams can sometimes be pretty indistinguishable from waking reality, so...

A common beginning experience I would now have to definitely classify as an OBE:

It may be a few hours before I would have to get up, probably on a weekend when I didn't have to rise 'til I was ready. I would dream of being asleep in my bed, or know I was asleep in my bed and feel it. Being lucid, I would then try to kinestheticly 'roll' out of my body (I read that technique somewhere at one point, no idea where) - having a body sense of rolling onto the floor - without moving my actual body. Sometimes, I would just 'snap' back into my body and feel myself very near waking. Sometimes I would actually move my physical body. But if I relaxed and breathed, I could try again. And again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Then, even when stabilized outside the body, I was very very weak, and could barely crawl or stand, often times leveraging myself up from the corner of the bed.

At first. Well, okay, for months. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif)

Of course, I grew stronger. Sometimes then, I would just be standing by my body. Or in a kind of empty space. Can''t see anything, if I don't have gravity, I can create it if I want. Simple "this way is down ->" and land on an unseen surface, just hanging out in blackness. Yet if I concentrated, I could feel what seemed like my physical body as well. Strange to feel both upright and lying down at the same time...

I used the same method of interaction as I use for my lucid dreams. I generally do not interfere or push my conscious will to change my dreams, I use my conscious will to act within the scenes as presented. I feel that dreamscapes have far more overt reality than many would admit and thus generally treat the citizens of my dreams as I would real people.

In later journeys, sometimes I would roaming empty cities with empty houses (although some seemed to have some nasty electronics!), sometimes other city type scapes (mostly interior scenes) with more people ( sometimes not very nice places).

Rarely, I would be in Circle. In these group interaction scenarios many times I had trouble keeping my focus with the group. It might fade in and out as I struggled to maintain connection, either sight, hearing, or both. At least once I was #boot'ed so to say, although I never did figure out what I did.

I really had no goal beyond the experiences themselves, and I haven't practiced in quite a while.

I have not read much focused material about OBEs or the Astral plane (just mentions in some literature with other focus). I was also more interested in my own experiences without pre-seeding any programmed experiences based on what I read, so refrained after I got a start. Now, though I guess is a good time to take a look. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It should be interesting because my understanding of psionics vs psychics, OBE vs Astral, Chi balls (I am a Tai ji practicioner & Kung Fu student) vs psionic energy balls, etc., is a huge twisted ball ATM. Another map or two would be great and I'd like to make sense of some things.

namaste,

moonchilde

--------------------
The present post is very long, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter. (adapted from) Blaise Pascal

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Mar 1 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #45

Neophyte
Group Icon

Just like manny others the first time was unexpected and frightening. It was an "odd" sensation to what were used to when you know.. moving about in our phisical body. hehe.

I wont be of much help since when attempting to have an OBE i didnt fully succeed. It did happan freequently but naturaly though without my intervention. So by now i just got used to it, maybe in the future when it is more interesting for me(at the momment other projects demand my attention) i think ill get back to it to finish the process with intent this time. xD

Anyway, back to the first time it happaned. I was about 14 years old and i went to rest on the sofa in the living room, in mid day, just to think about stuff and relax. Suddenly i didnt feel my body anymore, it was very odd. Nor did i feel heaviness or the sofa or the wind from the open window. I was still in the same spot, space wise(if you get my meaning?), but everywhere i put my attention to i could see as if i was looking straight ahead at it and at the same time i was aware of everything else around me. Hard to explain. Ermmm... To cut things short i just suddenly remmembered a show about egypt and some tomb i was curious about that before i watched on tv. As soon as i thought about it i found myself there. Well at least i think thats where i was. xDDD Inside it. Everything looked sandy and allmost pitch dark. Then i felt a pressence grabbing me which felt like pressure where it "held" me(even though i didnt see myself, as in body wise, i just felt the sensation and "knew" it, same with the offensive pressence). I got a bit panicked and wished to "get up" and i could feel my body again but for a few minutes i had this really heavy pressure on my back and even though i could move it was very hard to get up like i wanted. Long story short, the unpleasent feeling passed and i got up and had a lot to think about.

First of all i think that i am prone to astral projection just before going to sleep. Further more that in this specific OBE i had a bit of a sleep paralysis going on during the OBE itself which could have explained my sensations.

So thats me. If it helps. :3
Shimi.

+Quote Post

Whisperling
post Mar 1 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #46

Neophyte
Group Icon

Last night I think[b] I had my first OBE.

I couldn't sleep but I was very relaxed. I lay on the futon (as my partner had fallen asleep in my bed and I didn't want to wake him!) and focused on sending white energy to each of my chakral points seperately. When I got to the "Minds eye" chakra it was as if my mind had explanded and I was in fast darkness that just kept going.... Then I realised my arms that were folded over my chest were cold and felt like they were hovering over my actual arms.

Soon my legs (which regardless of temperature I always keep under the blankets) got the same cold, numb feeling and began to get the floating feeling too.

I continued to manifest my energy into my very top chakra where I then got an onset of vertigo and the feeling of sliding head first, downhill on my back. Through my minds eye I saw a vision of the sitting bhudda (I do not consider myself bhuddist in any way!) Then suddenly it stopped and I opened my eyes...

I haven't really read anything about or practised or even KNOW anything about OBE's... All I know is when I opened my eyes I felt completely reenergised (and I had only been lying there for about 20 minutes and it was 1am and I'd had no sleep!)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

idrathernotsay
post Apr 17 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #47

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I've never intentionally attempted one, but I guess what happens to me on a semi regular basis counts. I am always lying down, I am usually meditating when I have this queer sensation that my eyes are open while I can still feel them to be shut. I can see the entire room and all the objects in it in perfect detail "through" my eyelids. I will get up, move around, sometimes even do things(like turn on the television). For some reason I never, ever think to look at the bed or couch I just left. When I say move I don't mean walk, it's a different sort of light feeling. If you've ever surfed you'd know it. That sensation of gliding. At some point I will return and open my eyes while I'm seeing everything anyway and whatever I did will be undone(the t.v. will still be off, I never actually made a sandwich). It's weird. I've also never strayed far from the immediate surroundings because things get a little creepy.

--------------------
"For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been!"
-John Greenleaf Whittier

+Quote Post

ellmaring
post Apr 26 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #48

Neophyte
Group Icon

This has been an interesting topic to read, not to mention most enlightening!

I had my first OBE a week or so ago (I made a topic about it in fact where I was debating whether it was, in fact an OBE - but with my second I've been able to draw corresponding evidence and reach a positive conclusion!) and my second one only a night ago.

My first OBE occurred after a very long time that night of attempting to project consciously. I had decided to give up and go to sleep instead, only to get the feelings while trying to fall asleep of projecting (feeling heavy, vertigo, feeling as though the world is spiralling, etc). I then found myself seeing through my eyelids! Movement was very sluggish, and I found it very difficult even to get out of bed. As time wore on things began to get a bit surreal as sleep tried to take hold, but luckily I awoke remembering the entire experience.

I found myself unable to replicate this experience for a few days, and so decided to take a new approach. I made a sigil which would enable me to succeed in conscious projection and immediately gave up all attempts, instead focusing on dream recall and recording (as at that point I had been pretty lax with regards to my dream diary, I'm ashamed to say). I found it difficult to 'forget' the sigil, which from my reading was immensely important. However after a while it paid off!

My next OBE was much more interesting than the first. Might I say that the astral realm is so much more interesting during the day!

Unfortunately because I didn't immediately record the experience I found myself forgetting parts (cue me banging head against desk - I shan't be making that mistake again). I remember being in my room and leaving out into the street. To test to see whether I had actually projected I tried jumping, only to fly up into the sky! Needless to say I was quite pleased, but this was soon replaced by surprise as I kept going up and then the feeling of falling as I crashed back to land. From them on I vaguely remember travelling across a field.

It's such a fantastic feeling when magickal work pays off. I would say to those trying hard with little success: keep going! As I recall Kraig saying in his book; results must follow.

This post has been edited by ellmaring: Apr 26 2010, 07:05 PM

--------------------
Hope

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Oct 8 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #49

Zelator
Group Icon

I've been trying to project for the longest time.

According to this new book I'm reading, people don't HAVE souls so much as they ARE souls (in essence, people are eternal souls that are temporarily sealed within fleshy bodies).

With this teaching in mind, I decided to project. I lied down on my bed, went into trance, and repeated to myself the mantra, "I'm glad I'm now a soul". I visualized my legs dissolving away. As I moved up towards my head, my torso, chest, arms split open like sides of meat, revealing muscle and bone. The top of my head melted away, revealing a hollow shell (no comments from the peanut gallery! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/badmood.gif) ) It was then that I saw the bare outline of my soul floating up and out of the top of my head.

I went back-and-forth through time and space. I saw a lighthouse, a 17th-18th century square-rigged sailing ship, and a nuclear submarine traveling on the surface of the ocean.

I visited alien worlds. I saw strange-looking underwater vessels and a creature wearing some sort of bizarre diving gear. After seeing images of planets, I decided to come back to earth and back into my body. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post Oct 9 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #50

Zelator
Group Icon

My first out-of-body experience occurred involuntarily during an automobile wreck. I was in the back seat when a DUI driver ran a red light and destroyed the car, and didn't realize what was going on until after the fact. It was very sudden, leaving me with a broken nose and several other head injuries. During the impact, for a duration of about three seconds, I was viewing the entire scene from about fifteen feet away as though I were a bystander. I couldn't remember where I lived or where my parents worked, but I vividly remembered placidly watching the accident from outside the vehicle.

I had long been fascinated with the subject and had attempted many different approaches. Some seemed to be just on the edge of working... but didn't. I met older people who had been working with some of these methods, and reported their results in a very matter-of-fact way, so I assumed there was more than fantasy involved in the subject. I was to remain disappointed until my wife introduced me to her technique, which is that given by Aleister Crowley in his "Liber NU."

The technique is relatively simple, requiring five minutes of instruction and about an hour of consistent effort. The process begins with locating the inner voice, expanding it to fill the head, the body, the room, and finally the whole of comprehensible space. Unlike other methods which aim to provoke the etheric form to emerge, this technique is simply an attempt to expand consciousness. The complementary effect, that of "Liber HAD," is to reduce the apparent expansion by degrees into another location.

Special precaution was taken to avoid going to sleep - an upright posture and locked thumbs - but it felt like going to sleep suddenly while simultaneously standing up. I moved forward about five feet, with very unsteady "legs." Moving away from my body was like pulling taffy, where it was hard at first but very quickly became easy and then almost effortless. After about thirty seconds, I realized that I was out-of-body, and fell involuntarily backwards as though into a pool. Though my perceived location was across the room, I "awoke" in my normal perspective in my body. I was very excited.

I've never believed that the astral or etheric body is identical to the soul or spirit. Rather I feel that it is a physical component of life that we are presently unable to examine by ordinary means. Maybe it carries our consciousness within the body and can be made to leave on errands, maybe not, but I am at least confident that the experience is natural and not necessarily significant to spirituality. The experience proved to me that the experience is real and can be obtained by work or by accident, but it did not prove anything to me about the soul or spirit, the influence of which I believe transcends the experience of even remote physical sensations.

This post has been edited by Imperial Arts: Oct 9 2010, 05:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages< 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 01:56 PM