Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 A Question About Inanna, She appears to like me?!
Magus Habilus
post May 11 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

So twice now,the being I understand to be Inanna has come out of the blue to
save me from another sorcerer,any way to say thank you and maybe strengthen
my relationship?

P.S
I am NOT a Necronomicon user.

This post has been edited by Magus Habilus: May 11 2008, 10:42 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Matthew Kelly
post May 11 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

If I were you I'd just submit. Give up and reserve a section of your altar for her already, or make a separate altar just for her. I know you crafted a wonderful gift to her before, but it seems to me that her intervention when you did not even call for her shows her compassion for you regardless of what path you follow. And she probably wants you to use that gift you made to send offerings to her often. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Regardless of your path, if Inanna says "Come to me, child...", I know from personal experience that she means it. She will protect you fiercely. You do not have to change your path to that of the priest of the Necronomicon to show gratitude to her, but take her as your own... as she wants to take you. If you have no patron goddess, she wants that you turn to her. If you have a patron goddess... tread carefully. Inanna chooses her own. You may say you have no patron goddess, but after all that's happened I think it's clear that Inanna is telling you otherwise and wishes that you reach out to her now. Yesterday. A year ago!

If you have a patron goddess you may find it wise to study her origins and see if there is any connection between her and Inanna, for truly her heart does shine in the wisdom of other goddesses (Isis, Ma'at, Sekhmet, Nuit, Diana, Aphrodite, Ariadne).

IA ZI DINGIR INANNA KANPA!

edited:

Reserve a section of your altar for her, or make a separate altar just for Inanna. Any images of her that you can find or create, place there. Burn sweet-smelling incenses (kick it up a notch: nag champa incense in a white a blue box that says Satya Sai Baba, or if you can find it "Super Hit" made by the same company Satya Sai Baba also, it comes in a black and silver box -- they both smell of Tibetian field flowers), light new candles for her, let them burn all the way down. She is a warrior and of the greatest strength among the gods: a red candle. She is light, the brightest star of the heavens and the jewel of Babylon: a white candle. White is her color. Her metal is copper, she adores flowers like every lady: a copper vase in which to offer arrangements of field flowers? Her number is fifteen. You may wish to draw the seal of her Gate as found in the Necronomicon, draw it on parchment or engrave it in copper to place on your altar as well. Be creative... looking over your posts on this and other forums I know creativity is one of your strong suits. Write hymns, poems, in the form of prayers and address her with your candles lit, meditating on her Gate or on an image of her likeness, and at the end dedicate the flowers or incense to her and if applicable light it up.

This is her gate:

(IMG:http://www.cthulu.info/pics/necr13_3.gif)

Inanna makes me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) in all of her aspects, and sometimes I go overboard... I can see her shaking her head "Silly boy..." but she loves it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

And thus ends this psychotic post, brought to you by a dude who isn't drawn only to her lusty side, or just her warlike side, her merely her creator side, or her destroyer side - no, I embrace all aspects of her personality equally.

This post has been edited by Matthew Kelly: May 11 2008, 01:54 PM

--------------------
Regards,
Matthew

-----------------------------

IPB Image
Myspace.com/Dehumanation - Death / Black / Industrial Metal

.:Order of the Necronomicon | Disciples of Enki:.

+Quote Post

Magus Habilus
post May 11 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have the ability and means to draw her gate upon copper,is there any special way to keep the gate icon once it is created?I remember some stuff isn't supposed to ever see daylight or it loses its power,not to mention makes her play tricks on me[ask me about leaveing an engraved dagger in broad sunlight sometime!]I don't want to accidently mess up her gate.

Also,how do I give myself to her.
I'm on personal terms with Sekhmet and Mafdet who are my patroness.I've taken notice and want to act on it.
(IMG:http://i28.tinypic.com/b5l06u.jpg)

This post has been edited by Magus Habilus: May 11 2008, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post

Magus Habilus
post May 12 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Magus Habilus @ May 11 2008, 05:30 PM) *
I have the ability and means to draw her gate upon copper,is there any special way to keep the gate icon once it is created?I remember some stuff isn't supposed to ever see daylight or it loses its power,not to mention makes her play tricks on me[ask me about leaveing an engraved dagger in broad sunlight sometime!]I don't want to accidently mess up her gate.

Also,how do I give myself to her.
I'm on personal terms with Sekhmet and Mafdet who are my patroness.I've taken notice and want to act on it.
(IMG:http://i28.tinypic.com/b5l06u.jpg)

Uhh,lets pretend I don't know anything,what do I do with this thing again?

+Quote Post

Matthew Kelly
post May 13 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Beautiful work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

As far as what it's for, what you can do with it, etc. -- doesn't really matter what anyone else says: you created it, it's within your power to consecrate it however you may see fit and to use it for whatever purpose you decide. To start with I would place it on your altar with offerings for her - whatever way you usually have of making offerings, do the same for her (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) She seems to be calling you, anything that you decide to do is suitable in this case.

To my mind her gate sigil would be used to make contact with her easier. I don't recommend you attempt any gatewalking, per se, but I believe if you put the proper intention into your offerings and prayers this piece of art you created can strengthen your bond with her, acting as a fulcrum or focal point for any communions you may hold with her. It will go well with any images you have / make of her, whether it's a statue or a picture, a drawing, etc.

I just got home from a 2-day adventure abroad so do forgive me my brevity. Once I've had a chance to settle in I may be able to formulate a more appropriate response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
Regards,
Matthew

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Magus Habilus
post May 13 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'm out of red candles that are new. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif)

+Quote Post

Matthew Kelly
post May 13 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Magus Habilus @ May 13 2008, 04:36 PM) *
I'm out of red candles that are new. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif)

That's okay. Her color is white. I was merely suggesting the red for its attribution to strength and will... truly white would be the best, being her color. But what's also important is what the tributes you make mean to you, not tradition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Inanna/Ishtar was the special guest star of a dream I had the other night, actually. I just posted to the Necronomicon forums thejlx put together as a Disciples of Enki base UBB if you'd like to go read it. It's really short. lol

This post has been edited by Matthew Kelly: May 13 2008, 03:00 PM

--------------------
Regards,
Matthew

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Magus Habilus
post May 14 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Matthew Kelly @ May 13 2008, 04:58 PM) *
That's okay. Her color is white. I was merely suggesting the red for its attribution to strength and will... truly white would be the best, being her color. But what's also important is what the tributes you make mean to you, not tradition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Inanna/Ishtar was the special guest star of a dream I had the other night, actually. I just posted to the Necronomicon forums thejlx put together as a Disciples of Enki base UBB if you'd like to go read it. It's really short. lol

I'll put something together.I was reading the Necro the other night and plan to do her seal in copper too.

+Quote Post

Joseph
post Sep 20 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Magus Habilus @ May 11 2008, 04:39 PM) *

So twice now,the being I understand to be Inanna has come out of the blue to
save me from another sorcerer,any way to say thank you and maybe strengthen
my relationship?

P.S
I am NOT a Necronomicon user.

Greetings Magus Habilus,

I would suggest if you wish to receive the favour of Inanna-Sumerian, Ishtar-Babylonian The Queen of Heaven, that one way to do so is to Honor her as did the Ancient Sumerian and Babylonian Priests. They offered to her Offerings of Prayer, Hymn, and Offeratory Meals, according to the Studies I have done along the Inanna/Ishtar Gate.

You would find an excellent Source of these Hymns in a Book called "Inanna - Queen of Heaven and Earth" -"Her Stories and Hymns from Sumer", by Diane Wolkstein and Samuel Noah Kramer. This Book cost me about 13.00 Dollars brand new.

Another Source for actual Prayers taken from Cuneiform Tablets and Translated into English can be found in a Book called "Babylonian Magic and Sorcery", being "The Prayers of the Lifting of the Hand." by Leonard W. King, M.A. this book was a little more expensive.

Some of the Offerings that were given to Inanna for her pleasure consisted of, Clean Water (Spring Water), Honey, Butter, Dates from the Date Palm, and Milk. According to the research I did her preferred Incense and Perfume are Benzoin. And Asperging the Altar site with a Fresh Sprig of a Plant and the Clean Water is another token of respect.

Remember "Who she claims as her own, She will not allow another to have."

Respectfully,
Helel (Joseph)

--------------------
Aude est Facere - To Dare Is To Do

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse