Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What Spirits Are Safe?
PrimaMateria
post Aug 5 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I have never done evocation before but i have read up on it and i was wondering what spirits are safe to summon and if you can just scry to see what spirits are in the area?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Aug 6 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

I have never done evocation before but i have read up on it and i was wondering what spirits are safe to summon

That's like asking, "What guns are safe to fire?" It depends on how you hold it. Practice awareness so you aren't aiming at yourself.

if you can just scry to see what spirits are in the area?
Short answer, yes. Long answer.... that involves a dash of ability, awareness, talent, calm mind, state of mind, attitude... You know what? I'm going to avoid talking too much, and just say, "Learn to see without seeing." If you can intuit things quickly, you can tell just by the vibe of the area, what kinds of spirits are around.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

PrimaMateria
post Aug 6 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #3

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Thank you very much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Aug 6 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrimaMateria @ Aug 5 2010, 09:58 PM) *

I have never done evocation before but i have read up on it and i was wondering what spirits are safe to summon and if you can just scry to see what spirits are in the area?

I think Xenomancer pretty much hit the nail on the head there! In my small experience of evocation, the safest spirits to summon are ones that you already have a strong connection with, as they're then easier for you to communicate with (in my experience at least).

As for scrying to see which spirits are about - good luck! I'm quite natural to divination in general and I struggle to do that! Some people place the spirit's seal on/in front of a scrying mirror as a means of summoning the spirit, so that you can then see the spirit in the mirror, but in general I think the best way to see which spirits are about is to go into a relaxed, meditative state and see what you can see psychically. If possible, ask your spirit guide or patron deity to help you. I've also found learning to work with your brow chakra useful for this kind of thing too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Aug 31 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrimaMateria @ Aug 6 2010, 12:58 PM) *

I know of at least one person who can scry effectively.

As far as which spirits are safe, avoiding demons is probably the best piece of general advice I can give you. Bardon would probably tell you that avoiding elementals for the most part is advisable, as well.

The four cardinal archangels are fine. I've never heard of anyone having problems with planetaries, either; although you will probably want the relevant initiations for those. Bardon lists 360 heads of the Earth sphere, and he implies that they are at least agreeable, if not actually virtuous.

Avoid the Goetia. Not all of them are outright evil, but many of them are, and different people tend to get very different results. Avoiding the Necronomicon also should hopefully go without saying. I would probably also avoid Enochian stuff as well, myself. I'm not sure why, but the Enochian spirits have just never felt right to me, for some reason.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

SharkLover
post Oct 6 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

None ^^

--------------------
http://delightearth.weebly.com