Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Why Hasnt Anyone.., summoning
Chorozon
post Apr 3 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Why hasnt anyone filmed the summoning of a demon to physical manifestation? Ive heard dozens of stories of people seeing the demon before them, speaking to it, and it being as real as anything else in the room. I dont buy the whole "oh you just feel the demons presence and talk to it in your head"...sorry but that sounds like the evokation didnt work and your imagination is just playing around.. Im a skeptic but i believe in demons ONLY because of many first hand accounts people who DONT practice any kind of magic have had and have nothing to gain by telling me their experience...but it seems the people who DO practice evokations dont physically see them...and for those who have..Well why hasnt anyone filmed one?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fenice
post Jun 22 2013, 06:13 AM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

Magician can see and hear entities with his spiritual senses. Normal people usually can't 'cause of their bonds to physical world. To make yourself able to see entities, you need special magical training, that will bring you to higher level. These are basics of ceremonial magick.

I have never experienced physical manifestation of any evocated entity. I doubt it's possible. Grimoires say that you can evocate spirit to visible form. There's nothing about materialization. I once made evocated spirit visible (for other person that isn't magician) on physical plane. It's possible by using black mirror or smoke of the incense (it looks like the entity floats "behind" smoke/mirror). That person could clearly see the same character as I did. And I didn't mention what kind of entity I was summoning, so that person had no idea of entity's look. Also with my friends, we keep working on astral plane (pathworking) together. And we can say who's doing what, without using any normal communication. That doubts those were just images made of imagination.

You can't simply make a video with ghost. Everything made of physical matter, that people can see, is just a picture of reflecting light. Cameras and all that stuff work the same way. Since entities have no material form that reflects light, they can't be filmed. Magician works in darkness, where isn't any (or much) light. That makes his physical sight useless, so his mind automatically activates his "inner eyes". It's normal for everyone, to see "non-existing" images in darkness, isn't it?

But anyway, forget all that. It doesn't matter if you can see entities or hear them outside of the head. There is another proof that they exist - they work. Even if you got bad day, so you can't see or hear anything spiritual, you still can order entity to work for you. Here I got in mind just one phrase: "Succes is your proof!"

Being sceptic isn't bad. I think it's even better, 'cause it makes you use logic. To practice magick you don't need belief. You need confidence. Don't belive in entities, be sure that they exist!

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jun 23 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

If I recall correctly, Imperial Arts actually did attempt to film an evocation in which someone else was in the circle with him. Before the entity made any kind of appearance, the individual in the circle without the robe, girdle, etc., became violently ill and the evocation was terminated. His preliminary conclusion, if I remember, was that the purpose of the various garments and protections are both to prevent the spirit from doing harm as well as deceiving the exorcist. This actually in certain ways suggests that the spirits are perhaps always present, but only visible when they are constrained, not so much to appear, as to not make themselves invisible. This is in line with some of the other observations he has made regarding the nature of the spirits' powers to bestow certain abilities and powers - namely, that rather than do something to the exorcist to enable these abilities, the spirits are constrained - exorcised - such that their influence no longer prevents the exorcist from accessing a god given ability that was already available but obscured by the spirits.

This being said, and assuming I interpret the information correctly, and assuming it of course reflects accurate accounts, my conclusion would be that a spirit does not have to be filmed if it does not want to, and filming it could potentially be dangerous as well.

On the other hand, it could also be that the construction fo the circle, the ritual involved, etc., is intended to create a kind of spiritual holographic 'screen' upon which the scene external to the circle plays out - in other words, it is a psychic event only possible to observe from inside the circle, and only by the exorcist or compatriots who are living beings with a consciousness to operate upon.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Jul 29 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Props to the magician who can pull that off. But on another note, I didn't know IA tried that. Doesn't he have a website or something? I need to find that.

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse