Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Problem With My New Familiar!, problem
Shogunronin
post Aug 7 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi there, im in the process of the creation of a new familiar using Donald Tyson's system of familiar magic and my spirit is composed of mostly the elements Earth and Spirit but MOSTLY spirit. When painting my 'housing' for the spirit (which the colour needs to be right with the element) do I assume 'Spirit' as the element in selecting the colour OR..because SPIRIT is a makeup of all the elements and neutral, do I just consider the makeup to be EARTH? and just paint it a dark green/green colour? This has me very confused and would really appreciate feedback. When finding out the elementals of the spirit it came up with this

Spirit
Earth
Spirit
Earth
Spirit
Fire
Spirit

What do you think?

ShogunRonin.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Aug 7 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shogunronin @ Aug 7 2008, 01:43 PM) *
Hi there, im in the process of the creation of a new familiar using Donald Tyson's system of familiar magic and my spirit is composed of mostly the elements Earth and Spirit but MOSTLY spirit. When painting my 'housing' for the spirit (which the colour needs to be right with the element) do I assume 'Spirit' as the element in selecting the colour OR..because SPIRIT is a makeup of all the elements and neutral, do I just consider the makeup to be EARTH? and just paint it a dark green/green colour? This has me very confused and would really appreciate feedback. When finding out the elementals of the spirit it came up with this

Spirit
Earth
Spirit
Earth
Spirit
Fire
Spirit

What do you think?

ShogunRonin.

I would go with either white or black depending on the nature of the familiar - destructive or creative spirit respectively, or reversed depending on your point of view. I see black as coalescence, white as the dispersal of energy.

Also take into account the purpose determining whether the emphasis should be on spirit or earth. You could paint it for any element and spirit will harmonize, because it's the substrate from which all elements are formed. Pure spirit is really more inconceivable than most people consider it, and is mostly only good as an undertone for the creative or destructive aspect of a thoughtform, energy, etc., If it takes any kind of action - expansion, transmission, foundation, movement, etc., - then spirit has manifested into an element. So for instance if your familiar is intended to be a helper of some kind for, say, studying or learning/practicing magick, then you might want to give it more of an air focus, even if it's 'secondary' function is to connect you with higher 'spirit', or Akasic, energy.

Now, if you wanted, say, a familiar that influences, activates, or otherwise explors your Karma, then you'd want to put an emphasis primarily in spirit. But, remember that you can root it in an element while giving it a heavy emphasis on Akasha, it can still be primarily spirit, just manifest as that element empowered. Likewise it can be rooted in spirit but with elemental overtones, which is more along the lines of spirit prepared to be manifested towards that elemental end.

Hope that helps.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Aug 8 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #3

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

how about a mixture of colors, i.e., not just red green blue white black whatever, but an intentional mixture of distinct colors, like a wall where the top half is one color and the bottom half is another color, or diagonally split or something - nothing in nature is one solid color - also, color associations are in the eye of the beholder and associated with previous incarnations and experiences, you might just ask the future familiar-to-be (you are probably going to be talking to it anyway), a color blind familiar might choose differently than you would, and after all, it has its own experiences and ideas of what is what, and maybe it doesn't like tyson's (king/queen) scale - communication is everything between you and your nagging familiar

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Shogunronin
post Aug 10 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you so much for all your advice so appreciated! I decided to paint the house white all over and im going to paint the insides and outsides of the (sides) dark green to emphasize it's earthy nature. I have gone alot more further this time on the housing and have a huge box I found which is like 2 foot by 2 foot, it's going to be perfect. Although in the book Tyson kind of left out what to put in the box as a attractor if the familiar is of a spirit elemental. So I will maybe put in four stones (four the number of manisfestation) to express it's earthy feel for a attractor, would that be okay do you think? The kind of familiar I am contacting is to be my spirit lover (not for sexual purposes lol)

ShogunRonin.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Aug 11 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #5

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

be sure to put some of you in there - a lock of nice clean hair, and if it was me, i'd think like the attraction/connection had already worked and ask what it was that attracted your friend to you - since the connection is beyond space and time anyway, you can go to where it has already worked by just trancing while deeply focussed on it - and so years after it having been attracted to you, you're having a conversation about the attraction with it and you ask it what it was that attracted it to you - and if it says something like 'o man, it was the peanut butter', then put some in

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

bym
post Aug 18 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #6

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Hey there! Just a quick idea...read up in Bardons Initiation into Hermetics the chapters that involve color assignation to the body, etc. It may give you some inspiration in your endeavor! ...or not. But I think it will! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/connie_mini_oldman.gif)

PS We have a copy of that book in the Library. PM me if needed.....

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse