Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Organic Entities, advice on destroying unintentional thoughtforms
simone
post Mar 4 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I think that I have created a thoughtform unwittingly. It is born from and fed by an obsession and is driving me insane.

Without going too far into a description-- it's peronal, I guess, and sorry if this is vague-- can anyone relay accounts of thoughtforms created unintentionally, how to understand and connect with them, and how to dissipate this entity that is causing a lot of destruction.

And really, I may be off track, is this really a thoughtform or just an obsession? Nevertheless, I feel that is is possible to engage with this obsession in the same manner as a thoughtform or servitor and to anihilate it??? Any ideas or explanations?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Mar 8 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I saw this post a few days ago and was thinking about how to reply. I'm surprised no one has yet commented. I think we are creating unintentional thought forms all the time and they do have the power to "take over" and become obsessional entities. I've had my share and the reasons why we create them are both simple and complex. In these instances, you also need to address issues such as anxiety issues, because intrusive or obsessive thoughts are very common in persons with high anxiety or other chronic emotional problems related to stressful life situations.

I had a thought form that had been with me probably on and off for decades. It became so entity-like during a difficult period in my life that poltergeist activity began to occur around me that had the effect of protecting me but freaking out everyone who witnessed it. But it was not healthy for me emotionally or psychologically. A few years ago, I began to regard it as a thought form and communicated with it as such. I sought to make a deal with it to see what I could reasonably give to it in exchange for what I needed. It stopped being obsessing or intrusive then and became more like a friendly guide. Then, it asked me to create its sigil. I made a sigil for it and kept it dear to me. When I did that, it stopped being a thought form. I seemed to get closure and it is as if it has reintegrated in a balanced way back into my own psyche. If I need to, I can invoke it (feel like I am it) but it is not something that is gnawing at me; it is something that has a protective and endearing quality--but I know now that it is all me but w/o the conflicts and emotional turmoil that I had before.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Mar 9 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(simone @ Mar 5 2010, 09:33 AM) *

I think that I have created a thoughtform unwittingly. It is born from and fed by an obsession and is driving me insane.

Without going too far into a description-- it's peronal, I guess, and sorry if this is vague-- can anyone relay accounts of thoughtforms created unintentionally, how to understand and connect with them, and how to dissipate this entity that is causing a lot of destruction.

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram works particularly well against such thoughtforms in my observation.

And really, I may be off track, is this really a thoughtform or just an obsession? Nevertheless, I feel that is is possible to engage with this obsession in the same manner as a thoughtform or servitor and to anihilate it??? Any ideas or explanations?

Phil Hine wrote about the concept of approaching psychological complexes or problematic emotions via the spirit model; that is, viewing them as a demons. It's a useful concept, because it gives you a lot of tools for dealing with them. Focus on externalising the obsession or emotion that you want to get rid of, into an external thoughtform, and then banish.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

kaboom13
post Mar 15 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

Its kind of a colder, less 'magickal' approach, but to be perfectly honest, the said thoughtforms are really emotional qualms. Most of them are yielded through inconsistencies in emotional processing, or just nasty irrational thoughts. The construct (I prefer the word compared to entity) itself is based in this 'bug' which can be honestly debunked through processing said problem.

It's clearly feeding off of the energy you're wasting upon it, and if you wish for it to go away, I'd seriously just sit down and use your preferred form of cognitive behavioral processing. Petrus was definitely super right, and got to the point that Hine's model is accurate, but I feel that a far, far more productive, though its often considered callous way of seeing this is to 'productively' get over/confront your emotional problems.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse