Reply to this topicStart new topic
 3 Dreams From Last Night
CosmicInferno
post Feb 13 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

hey all,
i don't often speak with others about my dreams but figure it may be beneficial, some of you seem really good at deciphering meaning and i often wonder if i'm missing something. if you'd like to give it a go i'd be very grateful. following are three dreams i had last night in order, and if it's of significance i asked for my dreams to have messages pertaining to my health/healing journey upon falling asleep.

my girlfriend and i were in a sport's clothing shop looking around, i noticed a pair of knitted gloves that were on special which i liked, the gloves had different colours and patterns on each hand and that was part of why i liked them. The colours were mostly purples and greens from memory. i decided to buy these and went to the counter with them, but the lady thought that i had picked up two different sets and went to get somebody to help me. i told her i was pretty sure that's how they were meant to be and i liked them that way, she said that's fine and processed them and then we left the shop.

for some reason i then found myself back in the shop for some unknown reason browsing around again. an employee who worked there stopped me and asked if i'd be able to score some pot for him and i sternly refused. i was then on my way out of the shop looking around for something, probably my girlfriend. a lady at the counter near the door stopped me and asked what i was stealing and why i looked so suspicious (just for the record i've never shoplifted in my life). i laughed and admitted that i must have looked really suspicious but i had not stolen anything and she said ok but i could see in her eyes she wasn't sure. i confidently offered her the bag on my back to look through and she seemed to ease up and become a bit more friendly while she looked. but then much to my amazement in one of the pockets she found a pair a running shorts (not something i would wear), became quite angry and took the bag out the back to look through further. i tried to explain myself to the other male employee, saying i realise how bad this looks but i can only give my word that i had no idea how they got there. neither of them seemed to care what i was saying but handed the bag back and seemed uninterested in taking it any further, they said something that indicated they were happy enough to know that i was a thief and not to be trusted. i shamefully left the shop feeling confused and that my character had been wrongfully damaged with these nice people.

my girlfriend and i were at my parent's place, playing video games like we did when younger but in the room where the kitchen normally is. my parents were away but we saw out the window that they were pulling in the driveway. my girlfriend has been smoking pot (i would have been too if we were younger, but i don't often anymore) so i quickly took the stuff downstairs to hide somewhere. my brother and his friend were downstairs still awake and i made an attempt at hiding what i was carrying but it would have been obvious, and i hid them in a pretty poor hiding spot. i had the feeling like they were shaking their heads in disappointment at me (my brother and i have a great friendship however we are completely different, he's the 'straight' one is probably the easiest way to explain). i felt a bit ashamed that that is what they thought of me, but moreso annoyed that i hadn't even been smoking but was going to cop the blame for it anyway.

i was on holiday in India (i've never been there but i knew that's where i was). at some point me and the others i was with needed to get across a large river in a fairly industrialised area, but the only way to do so was join up these tiny pieces of metal to make longer planks and stretch them out across the river to form a bridge. i worked at this for a while but i felt the effort was futile, there was no way we could get them all the way across and even if we did it would have been frighteningly dangerous to walk across. i dont remember ever finishing or getting to the other side.

i later found myself in a restaurant with my companions and we were ordering curry (my favorite!), then sat down to wait for our meals. someone suggested we have a beer while we wait and i said i'd go ask the waiter. i went into the room where he was to organise some drinks but it seemed to be a lot of trouble to do so, i wasn't too worried and told him not to worry. he asked me to wait and went out the back for a moment, and came back with a bun wrapped in alfoil. i wasn't sure what had happened, thought maybe something was lost in translation but accepted it and thanked him anyway. at that moment the guy saw a bunch of fairly sinister looking guys leaving the restaurant, and told me to be quick and avoid making eye contact with any of those guys. on my way back to the table i saw a friend from school who i was fairly close with but haven't seen in many years. we didn't say hello and i went back to the table, and that's all i can remember from that dream.

--------

so there we go, i tried to be brief but not leave out too many details. some of the similarities between the first two are quite interesting to me but would be nice to hear an objective analysis from anyone with the will and time. thanks guys and pleasant dreams!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Feb 16 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Hey! Why do I need to be doing school work right now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_bookread.gif)

Dream #1 (my take)

my girlfriend and i were in a sport's clothing shop looking around, i noticed a pair of knitted gloves that were on special which i liked, the gloves had different colours and patterns on each hand and that was part of why i liked them.

A store can represent a place where we go when we need something. So in that sense perhaps you need something in your life right now. Since you went there with your girl friend, perhaps it is something from her or a feminine aspect of yourself that you need. The gloves I think reflect how you may handle things. Combine that with the store and I think both the store and gloves represent a need to handle either your girl or a feminine aspect of yourself a certain way. "knitted" gloves, to me, means perhaps this need is about delecacy or sensitivity.

The colours were mostly purples and greens from memory. i decided to buy these and went to the counter with them, but the lady thought that i had picked up two different sets and went to get somebody to help me. i told her i was pretty sure that's how they were meant to be and i liked them that way, she said that's fine and processed them and then we left the shop.

Colors are a bit ambiguous to interpret. They can mean so many things to people on an individual level. From an occult point of view purples can represent high magic and are often worn by priest. Green is often associated with elements or nature magic. From a psychological point of view purple can represent anything from intelligence to depression. Green can mean anything from sickness to life and being mellow and calm or out going. But they tie into the meaning of the gloves. The girl who mistook the gloves for another pair represents an aspect of your feminine side that has a hard time recognizing the meaning of the gloves you chose to wear.

for some reason i then found myself back in the shop for some unknown reason browsing around again.

Returning to the shop could represent that you are repeating some behavior or way of thinking but are not getting what you are looking for. Some introspection may help you understand what it is that you need (what you were really trying to buy from the store, metaphorically speaking).

an employee who worked there stopped me and asked if i'd be able to score some pot for him and i sternly refused.

To me this part simply underscores your own morality, you know the difference between right and wrong.

i was then on my way out of the shop looking around for something, probably my girlfriend. a lady at the counter near the door stopped me and asked what i was stealing and why i looked so suspicious (just for the record i've never shoplifted in my life). i laughed and admitted that i must have looked really suspicious but i had not stolen anything and she said ok but i could see in her eyes she wasn't sure. i confidently offered her the bag on my back to look through and she seemed to ease up and become a bit more friendly while she looked. but then much to my amazement in one of the pockets she found a pair a running shorts (not something i would wear), became quite angry and took the bag out the back to look through further.

Despite your moral character, you subconsciously still feel that you are doing something wrong. This is indicated by the girl finding the pair of running shorts. Shorts themselves, to me represent physical fittness. By unintentionally finding the shorts, perhaps your subconscious is trying to make you aware of some aspect of your physical self. In that since, perhaps the store (representing things you "need") along with the gloves is telling you that need to handle yourself, your physical self differently, perhaps more delicately.

i tried to explain myself to the other male employee, saying i realise how bad this looks but i can only give my word that i had no idea how they got there. neither of them seemed to care what i was saying but handed the bag back and seemed uninterested in taking it any further, they said something that indicated they were happy enough to know that i was a thief and not to be trusted. i shamefully left the shop feeling confused and that my character had been wrongfully damaged with these nice people

This part represents a conflict within yourself, a sort of program malfunction. Metaphorically, if you know anything about computers, a program is not working properly in your brain because a conflict with a device or another program. So if you can figure out which device or program is causing the conflict, you can turn it off or alter its settings to not interfere with the other program.

In otherwords your moral character is at odds with another part of your mind that might disagree with it. Not necessarily in a bad way, but perhaps your logic and your reason question some of your moral values. The conflict within you is demonstrated by not being able to resolve the delima in the store. Unlike a computer you cannot just look up programs and devices and switch their settings. You need to look within yourself and ask what these aspects represent within yourself and what you need to do to fix them.

Dream #2

my girlfriend and i were at my parent's place, playing video games like we did when younger but in the room where the kitchen normally is. my parents were away but we saw out the window that they were pulling in the driveway.

Playing video games where the kitchen is represents something that is out of place in your life, which may be the pot itself. The pot does not represent, necessarily that smoking it is bad. But it does represent an aspect of yourself, part of your personality (perhaps some rebelliousness), that you feel may disappoint you and your relatives.

my girlfriend has been smoking pot (i would have been too if we were younger, but i don't often anymore) so i quickly took the stuff downstairs to hide somewhere. my brother and his friend were downstairs still awake and i made an attempt at hiding what i was carrying but it would have been obvious, and i hid them in a pretty poor hiding spot. i had the feeling like they were shaking their heads in disappointment at me (my brother and i have a great friendship however we are completely different, he's the 'straight' one is probably the easiest way to explain). i felt a bit ashamed that that is what they thought of me, but moreso annoyed that i hadn't even been smoking but was going to cop the blame for it anyway.

Doing down stairs may mean that you belittle yourself over this aspect of your being. But hiding it is pretty straight forward, whatever this aspect represents you feel that you need to hide it from your relatives for fear of shame riddicule.

Understand that the symbolize of your relatives can be dual. They may literally represent your relatives and you may literally fear shaming yourself in front of them. Or they could be metaphorical representations of aspects of your own being. The pot smoking may symbolize something that is a part of you that you hide from and try to deny, out of the fear of dealing with guilt or shame. And the pot smoking can be literal too. Maybe you did some pretty dumb things when you smoked and you regret it. Or could also be metaphorical and represent something within you that is counter to your moral being and you try to deny, or not acknowledge it, even though its pretty damn obvious to everyone around you.

Dream #3

i was on holiday in India (i've never been there but i knew that's where i was). at some point me and the others i was with needed to get across a large river in a fairly industrialised area, but the only way to do so was join up these tiny pieces of metal to make longer planks and stretch them out across the river to form a bridge.

Dreaming you are some place esoteric or far from home may represent distance within yourself. This distance be measured in the passage of time (like something from long ago) or they can show levels of distance within yourself, how deeply you may have buried something. They may also indicate importance. If you dream of something distant, it might not represent something very important to you.

Any body of water is most commonly associated with emotions on some level. Understand that the subconsciousness lacks your conscious intellect, for the most part, and can only act upon base instinct and emotion. Therefore dreams often involve some form of emotion. By crossing the river, you are attempting to get over it, or rather get over the emotions symbolized by the river. The group you are with may represent a group mentallity, maybe you tend to try to think like the rest and do what they think is best, even though you may have better ideas. Having to build a bridge like that to me shows that getting over whatever emotions may be a delicate task. One that may take time to complete.

i worked at this for a while but i felt the effort was futile, there was no way we could get them all the way across and even if we did it would have been frighteningly dangerous to walk across. i dont remember ever finishing or getting to the other side.

This shows that inside you feel it is pointless to try and get over the emotions represented by the river.

i later found myself in a restaurant with my companions and we were ordering curry (my favorite!), then sat down to wait for our meals. someone suggested we have a beer while we wait and i said i'd go ask the waiter. i went into the room where he was to organise some drinks but it seemed to be a lot of trouble to do so, i wasn't too worried and told him not to worry. he asked me to wait and went out the back for a moment, and came back with a bun wrapped in alfoil

A restuarant can symbolize a place to feed your emotions or indulge in basic pleasures (like feeding some kind of desire, similar to hunger). The beer represents something that does nurish your emotions or indulgences, but instead you got a bun. This suggests that perhaps you are not properly tending to your emotions.

i wasn't sure what had happened, thought maybe something was lost in translation but accepted it and thanked him anyway. at that moment the guy saw a bunch of fairly sinister looking guys leaving the restaurant, and told me to be quick and avoid making eye contact with any of those guys. on my way back to the table i saw a friend from school who i was fairly close with but haven't seen in many years. we didn't say hello and i went back to the table, and that's all i can remember from that dream.

By accepting the bun, you are giving into your emotions rather than dealing with them. You are basically short changing yourself. The sinister guys represent your shadow self. Anything dark or "evil" represents the shadow self. Which is the archetype of secrets, repression and hidden desire. By refusing to look at them, you are refusing to explore an aspect of yourself. The old friend may represent an aspect of yourself which you may believe may be able to help you resolve the emotional issues you have. That friend may even partially be the source too.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

CosmicInferno
post Mar 19 2009, 03:28 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

thanks very much acid09 for taking time out of your studies to offer such an insightful reply! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/respect.gif)

some of the points you made were similar to my own interpretations, some were a bit different, and there's many points where you've shed some more light on aspects i didn't grasp.

considering these dreams were about a month ago, it's also interesting how some of the points you've mentioned (which i'm reading only now) have transpired since the dreams, but i hadn't necessarily made a connection.

i'd go into more detail but i have to go now, i might add some more at a later date, apologies for not giving your post the reply it deserves!

thanks again

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse