Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Your most amazing or unbelievable coincidence
Radiant Star
post Dec 21 2005, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Theoricus
Group Icon

I want to start a this thread so that we can share our most amazing coincidences.

What is the most unbelievable coincidence that has ever happened to you?

The sort of thing that you might think had such a low statistical probability that you would have had to have experienced it yourself to believe it?

Any truthful offers?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sabazel
post Dec 21 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well I don't believe in coincidence, because I feel coincidence is for those who are not in control of their own life and happiness. but I shall share a few events which would probably be classified as such.

One week I made a list of things that I wanted in my life.
1. A new job which would suit me with nice people
2. A nice girlfriend with similar interests
3. Money in abundance, enough to pay for my monthly things en have enough left to safe x amount and spend x amount of things for myself such as fairs or going out.

Within 2 weeks I had them all. They appeared on my path and all I had to do was allow the manifestation to enter my life.

I was told that there was a job vacancy. I showed my interest and got accepted. The new monthly income made sure I got the amount of money that I wanted. Also met a nice girl out of nowhere and we're having a stable relationship for almost 4 months now.

This post has been edited by Sabazel: Dec 21 2005, 12:51 PM

--------------------
www.SpiritualMagus.nl
My own dutch based website that covers paganism, traditions, religion, occult, paranormal and more

+Quote Post

Sadako
post Jan 11 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Just a few days ago, I went over to a friend's house. We made a shroom tea, and though I've done shrooms a lot before, and at much higher doses, it was the most intense struggle of my life. All these thoughts were surfacing, as many negative as positive, and I could barely control them, like trying to swim against a powerful ocean current. I decided that the only reasonable thing to do was to get into the general meditating posture and try to clear my mind of thoughts, focus on my breathing etc. It was very difficult, but I was persistant, and managed to have a little success. The struggle was very reminiscent of the feeling of over-exerting oneself in an endurance sport, such as running or swimming, but continuing to do it. I knew that this experience was a test of sorts, like a culminating point of increasing spiritual growth. If I was unable to clear my mind in this state and fell back into the sea of churning thoughts, I would fail. During the climax of this experience, the power went out, and it was a perfectly sunny day. I knew that I was being tested, and that I would receive a great gift if I was able to succeed. I probably sat in meditation for about an hour before finally coming to a plateau of serenity, where I accepted all the thoughts and they simmered down. The analogy I thought of at the time was that all the thoughts one can have are like party guests, and enlightenment lets them all in the door (and has a good time with them) instead of turning away the "bad" ones, like paranoia, jealousy, etc. This was a sort of temporary enlightenment, or at least showing me the true nature of it. Once I was collected enough to take action, I decided to walk home on the nature trail that sort of connects our houses. As I was walking, I felt a compassion for everything, as that is the only natural state that one can fall into when one is aware of, and accepting of, everything. The whole "love/compassion is the nature of the enlightened" is one thing I never fully understood before, as it seemed biased (in favor of "good") to me before, but I then understood it. It's not biased - but that's something I think everyone has to learn from experience, not from books or teachers. When I got home, the stereo in my living room was on, and playing some calm new-age type music. I thought maybe someone had come home while I was gone and turned it on, but I later confirmed that no one had been home that day besides me. I just sat down on my couch and enjoyed the music, while feeling a deep-seated compassion for everything. This trip felt nothing like the other times I had taken shrooms. I also suspect that some entity/ies made the power go out and turned on the stereo in accordance with the experience, or perhaps at least in regards to the power going out, the intensity of my own energy at the time. It was unbelievable, and I now have a greater understanding of reality and the nature of enlightenment.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse