Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Working The Elements, Just a helpful tip
Ethereal Sight
post Mar 28 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Light Wielder
Group Icon

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to share a new finding of mine regarding working the elements, particularly the wind. I have discovered that if I put some sort of identity on the element in question and then find a logical way to make it do what I want the element will act as does the mask I've put on it. For instance, I was in Boston the other day and it was cold and windy and the people with me were miserable, so I tried my best to create sort of a windless bubble around us. I closed my eyes and saw white horses galloping full speed with the wind, so I put reins on the horses and stopped them. The wind stopped. I did the same thing with fish where I am now; I saw a school so I planted a net to catch them and the wind stopped. Putting a face on the wind often helps me alter its patterns, so I thought I would share it with everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000002.gif)

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 29 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ethereal Sight @ Mar 28 2010, 01:03 PM) *

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to share a new finding of mine regarding working the elements, particularly the wind. I have discovered that if I put some sort of identity on the element in question and then find a logical way to make it do what I want the element will act as does the mask I've put on it. For instance, I was in Boston the other day and it was cold and windy and the people with me were miserable, so I tried my best to create sort of a windless bubble around us. I closed my eyes and saw white horses galloping full speed with the wind, so I put reins on the horses and stopped them. The wind stopped. I did the same thing with fish where I am now; I saw a school so I planted a net to catch them and the wind stopped. Putting a face on the wind often helps me alter its patterns, so I thought I would share it with everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000002.gif)

ahhh, animism!

animists put a face on god and have a chat

very nice - the intent is everything - so was this magick? - changing the way nature behaves through will? - i'd say so

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse