Naimi
post Apr 19 2009, 03:42 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

How to make your own Sigillum Dei Aemeth

from beeswax

You will need:

One: Double boiler (pan with slightly boiling water and jug inside it)

(IMG:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3455369966_867f4642b5_m.jpg)

Two: 1,2 kg of pure beeswas blocks (not big solid ring) - you can buy them on ebay, there are good deals.
Three: New baking tin for cakes 25 cm in diameter (the reason behind that the diameter is more than 9 inches is the wax will shrink and you always can cut the wax out) and more than 3 cm tall (again, height is more than 1.5 inch for easy removal)
Four: Optional: jam thermometer, but not essential as you will see if it’s melting or not

Bring pan with water to boil (do not put too much water otherwise the jug will float), reduce the fire and place the metal jug (of you can use big metal coffee jar) inside.
Add blocks of wax one by one, wait them to melt. It took me about 40 minutes to melt 1 kg. But do not leave it unattended. Make sure the water is slightly bubbling, but not hard boiling.

Oil the baking form tin with sunflower oil. Mark the 3,3 cm level height.

When all wax is melted pour liquid into the tin up to your mark.

Let it set – it will take about 3 hours or more. When chilled place the tin in the fridge for night. It will shrink a bit there and the removal should be easy.

Now time to carve on it.

I have used knife with the thin blade and the sewing machine needles in different thicknesses. You can purchase proper wax carving tools but if you are not interested in mass production you do not need them.

Print the Sigillum up to the size of your disk and apply to the disk. Cut all lines through the paper in order from the outside to inside with the knife. Use the metal ruler for straight lines (they are not really straight as you will find out). Remove the paper and carve all the necessary names and symbols by needles.

I did separate my carving activity: one section per evening due to main factor – job.

You will be truly delighted when you will hold the disk in your hands. I hope.

(IMG:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3625/3454555721_a765acd804_m.jpg) my sweet little " (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) baby"

Good luck. Please ask if you have more questions.

Regards, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/witch.gif)

P.S. be careful with the wax, do not overheat it and try not to get any on your skin (unless it is your favorite sex play (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )
P.P.S If you have some wax left in the jug reheat/ reuse it for candles… and this is another story.

--------------------
Если мне обломают крылья - я взлечу на метле.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 19 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

great job! and a wonderful description!

i like your 'baby'!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Zylbath
post Apr 19 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Wow your Sigillum Dei looks perfect! But I've got one question. I didn't really get how to transscribe the lines from the paper to the wax. Can I also use carbon paper??

This post has been edited by Zylbath: Apr 19 2009, 02:13 PM

--------------------
"Der Tod dauert das ganze Leben und beginnt dann, wenn er aufhört."

+Quote Post

Naimi
post Apr 19 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zylbath @ Apr 19 2009, 09:12 PM) *

Wow your Sigillum Dei looks perfect! But I've got one question. I didn't really get how to transscribe the lines from the paper to the wax. Can I also use carbon paper??

Hello Zylbath,

Sorry if my explanation was not clear. I will try again. The thinner the paper you have printed sigillum the better.

Becasue you should cut it through when applied to the disk.

Print Siggilum - cut it from the sheet and place on your wax disk. Trace all the lines with the knife applying enough pressure (not much really) to mark the lines into the wax throught the paper. Wax is soft and hard the same time. You will see what i mean.

Obviously you need only lines to trace not the names and symbols.

Do not forget also to carve AGLA on the back!

Kind regards, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/witch.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naimi
post Apr 19 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Apr 19 2009, 02:12 PM) *

great job! and a wonderful description!

i like your 'baby'!!!

Hello Esoterica,

Thank you.

I hope it some sort of useful information.

Kind regards,
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/witch.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zylbath
post Apr 19 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

I guess your explanation was good, but my comprehension wasn't (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But now I got it, I think. Thanks a lot, but I guess, that my Sigillum won't be that perfect like yours :S

--------------------

+Quote Post

ComaOfLoss
post Apr 20 2009, 04:37 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zylbath @ Apr 20 2009, 01:32 AM) *

I guess your explanation was good, but my comprehension wasn't (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) But now I got it, I think. Thanks a lot, but I guess, that my Sigillum won't be that perfect like yours :S

It's not really that hard to make, just take your time. Boil a pot of coffee and slowly work your way through it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Zylbath
post Apr 20 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

Haha, thanks for motivation and calmness (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
I won't do that in the near time. When I've finished my studies in all that stuff like enochian magic, hermetic magic and kabbalah I'll make that sigillum.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post Apr 20 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zylbath @ Apr 20 2009, 01:33 PM) *

Haha, thanks for motivation and calmness (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
I won't do that in the near time. When I've finished my studies in all that stuff like enochian magic, hermetic magic and kabbalah I'll make that sigillum.

I made one of these years ago, and never finished carving the details.

One of the main concerns was whether to use English characters or Enochian, and how it might be arranged correctly since Enochian is written right-to-left. So I left it blank except for the geometric figures.

I used the oven to melt the wax in a metal pan.

To get the shape correct, I used a piece of aluminum foil. First I put a small rounded lump of clay on a board so the central depression would exist for holding the sphere. I laid the foil over that, and set the lid of a jar over it, wrapping the foil up the sides a few inches. It took longer than expected to dry the whole thing.

I used a coarse sandpaper wrapped around a stick to file off the edges. I set the thing on a board with a little hanging over the edge, and used the file up and down against it at a 90 degree angle. It took a while, and I had to peel off layers of waxed sandpaper, but eventually I had the whole thing turned around. The back side also needed sanding before the "AGLA" was engraved, but I only engraved the cross.

For carving the five and seven-pointed figures, I used a compass and a ruler to mark the places, and a steel file to excavate a trench. The most difficult part was keeping the wax debris out of the channel and off the surface, especially at the corners of the figures. It started shallow, and went deep gradually.

I've never used the thing. It might be interesting to see what someone else could do with it, if it ever gets finished.

It would also be nice to see a large latex mould made so that these could be produced by wax injection, saving a lot of time and effort. Maybe they could be sold cheaply that way, or considered disposable. It is a relatively fragile piece of ceremonial equipment.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SharkLover
post Oct 24 2014, 03:05 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

What is this and good for , awesome work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
http://delightearth.weebly.com

+Quote Post

Vovin
post May 29 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #11

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(SharkLover @ Oct 24 2014, 05:05 AM) *

What is this and good for , awesome work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Off the top of my head it is used for skrying...when a crystal ball or shew stone etc. is placed in it's center then all visions obtained will be truthful ones.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse